• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Goods buildings explained

DeletedUser65

they have 2 uses

1- negotiating provinces rather than attacking/conquering
2- research, scroll up the ages and see whats needed to unlock each tech.

il add in these details to the original 2moro.
thanks
FL

DeletedUser

One thing the guide doesn't explain is the use of these goods.Till now seems to me that you don't reallly need them.They are not used as building materials , don't contribute in happines or in somekind of cultural development.So what is the use of them?

You`re most likely still early in the game. Later on, you will need all of them, in different amounts, to keep going on, to either build stuff, unlock research or even negotiate your way through harder battles.

DeletedUser1181

Silly question I know but if I build say 10 stone and knock that building down to make for, say a marble quarry would I still keep the stone or will it disappear like spearman when you knock down a barrack. I`m stuck on unlocking a grid expansion for crafting.

DeletedUser

You keep the goods you produced even if you sell the corresponding building.

DeletedUser1181

Cool I think the quickest way for me to expand (other than buy diamonds) is to pull down buildings and make what I need myself, it seems I cannot trade with others outside my 80 and I have no more room I just buldozed my useless horse stables to build a warrior training.

DeletedUser

Does anyone know what the "improved stone mason" do compared to the "normal guy"? I'm guessing more stone per hour?

2012-05-07 18-21-12.jpg2012-05-07 18-20-36.jpg

Surge

Brigadier-General
Well, one apparent advantage is that the size shrinks from 4x4 to 4x3, saving 4 extra squares. Yes, Captain Obvious has struck again, but thats pretty much everything I see...

DeletedUser

Thanks Surge, that did make me laugh (in a good way, no offense to you). Would they really make all that fuss just to gain 4 squares? We know stone is the most needed of the basic goods for the tech tree (289 vs 175 for all others), could be related to that too.

I was hoping for an answer from someone who built one already though.

DeletedUser

I should have said "from the bronze age goods" instead " basic", sorry.

DeletedUser653

Improved buildings gives you double production rates.

Alas this is the only post that says that "improved" buildings offers double production rates and since i think if a "improved" building really offered "double" production rates there would be many more post on this subject.

Can any other player confirm the statement that "improved buildings offer double production rates"

thanks - Mark

DeletedUser

Someone up thread said only build the goods buildings for which you can mass produce, then use those to trade for the other goods you need. However I have a question. Don't all players get the same goods deposits as they conquer each province? That would mean we can all mass produce lumber and stone, but not marble, for example. So no one would be able to offer a significant trade on marble in a timely manner.

Or am I wrong? Does each player potentially get a different good than I got for the same province?

DeletedUser653

ok building improved version of stone so can tell all what the difference is from the standard version, bear with me for 12 hours and I will post difference.

DeletedUser

yes, different players get different goods in the various provinces, which is why trading is so important.

Ok thanks. That idea never even occurred to me, because it seemed, of the few player trades being offered on the market, they were all for the goods that I had plenty of. There are only about 6-7 players who are using the market.

DeletedUser653

OK confirmation that improved Stone does indeed double production rates.

2 per 4 hours and 4 per 8 hours when you do not have the mine. Very nice indeed.

DeletedUser1688

HRC you need to be more specific about stone if you ask becouse you have double production of stone if you conquer province wich improves stone.I am talking about that becouse you can also research improved stonework and have another building to produce stone in HMA and I dont think you produce more with that one,I think that building is taking less space but I am not shure becouse I didnt research.

DeletedUser

HRC you need to be more specific about stone if you ask becouse you have double production of stone if you conquer province wich improves stone.I am talking about that becouse you can also research improved stonework and have another building to produce stone in HMA and I dont think you produce more with that one,I think that building is taking less space but I am not shure becouse I didnt research.

if you conquered any province with a resource you get 5x the production you'd do without it. What HRC was talking was that the improved stone mason produces twice that of the ordinary stone mason, ie with stone resource, you'll be producing 10/4hrs instead of 5/4hrs...