• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Goods buildings explained

DeletedUser

Hi. I have a 'grapes' deposit on an owned province on the continent map, and i have built a Vineyard, but it still says "you can increase production by claiming a goods deposit on the continent map" within the vineyard options (ie where you select the produce). I also have a 'tree' deposit on another province, and I have built a Lumber Mill, similarly I get a message that I need to claim a deposit when i already have it! I do not see a resource counter telling me how much of the resource is available (as was descriebed on the first page of this thread. Any help gratefully received!

Rich

DeletedUser65

this is an old guide, 1 iv failed to update as of yet but i will. you no longer see how many you have left as the 500 limit has been removed. you can now produce your lumber and wine indefinatly

DeletedUser4401

Hi farmerlynch

I have read through your guide and it is very informative, but i have a few questions if you can answer plz

When i click on goods building to produce supplies i dont see all the info you show on here, for example i dont see the box top left no 2. that shows how much goods can be produced from the province owned
also i dont see the box bottom left, no 4. the amount of raw materials needed to begin ( dont understand this)

could you help with this
as you dont have to unlock all research can you still progress without unlocking ??

MAL1701

DeletedUser

Please look at the post above yours :)

These two boxes do not exist anymore, as the limitations of the deposits on the map have been removed.
You can always produce each good, provided you've researched and built the necessary goods building. If you have a certain deposit on the map, you will be able to produce that with a bonus though (instead of 1 item every four hours, it will be 5 items every four hours).

As for your other question, you do not have to research everything, but you will find that a lot of researches are required for later researches :).

DeletedUser4365

hi if i am in high midlle ages and got already all the bronze age goods 79 lumber 90 dye 66 stone 71 wine and the 94 marble for the research and taken all the provinces in hma when i get to the late midlle ages is it right to sell brozne age goods bulding or will they be needed in the provinces because as can be seen i wont need bronze age goods in lma tech tree

DeletedUser

Hey shachak,

That depends completely on yourself.
Just want to point out you might encounter some more needs for them in several LMA provinces. ;)

Also, they could come back in some CA provinces, who knows.
Plus your neighbours or guildmembers may have need of them and can trade you useful goods in return for them.

But for the immediate future you'd have no need for them.

- L

DeletedUser

Hmm...if there are no active trading, then it would be faster (not cheaper) to have inefficient production going. With inefficient producing you are using 4 hours to produce a unit. If you instead use the NPC trades with 10:1 ratio, you will need 8 hours of efficient production to get 1 unit. (The time to produce you 10 efficient units to trade for 1 NPC unit).

DeletedUser7719

Yes, you would be correct, but I would at least try producing your boosted goods and offering it at a 2:1 ratio first to see if any neighbors/guildies are interested. You can also try contact people on Global Chat and see if any people online are willing to accept the trade (by friending them) ;)

DeletedUser

What a pity this section hasn't been extended through to Modern Era

DeletedUser7719

What info do you need? I can try to help you out if you need it :)

DeletedUser

Well, I cant find much in the way of answers to unrefined goods. - My wells and GBs spit them out like they are the second coming. However, is there a way to see how many I have... and is there a way to trade them.

Seeing as I produce a few times more unrefined than I could possibly ever use.

Or am I missing something?

DeletedUser7719

If you're producing too much unrefined goods, the only thing to do to get rid of them would be to make more current goods buildings, try trading them (less likely to happen), delete a few wells (though I would think carefully about that one), or get your guild interested in the GvG province that you have an excess goods in ;)

DeletedUser

I think Im still missing something. - After I built my first current age building and started producing, my GBs produce specific colonial age goods. Though not very many... Im given to believe this is a display issue?

In any case, my current age building has unrefined goods (unspecified) as part of the production cost. - So possibly (still cant really make heads or tails of it, my gbs and wells have started producing specific (though random) colonial age goods rather than unspecific unrefined goods and once Ive used up all the unspecific unrefined goods I have invisibly stored somewhere (Im thinking its rather massive amounts), my building will start demand specific unrefiined goods or my GB and Wells will start producing unrefined unspecific goods again?

Apologies if this is topsy turvy and poorly explained. I dont think Ive understood it myself and I have this nagging feeling that Im missing something really obvious. -

Cause if GBs and wells started producing a massive but useless excess of unusable, untradable, invisible unspecific unrefined goods in the modern era, surely people would be marching on whatever castle holds the servers?

I realize that it can be neat to have a stash of prerequisites that always fit into any production building, but only if you dont automatically amass a massive excess thats then unusable. - I would very much prefer the same number of random but specific colonial goods that can be traded - and seen. - If I need something specific I for some reason dont have a hoard of, Ill go to the market and cry woe untill someone helps me ;-)

If Im really ending up with unusable goods and the only solution is to drown myself in one of the wells - Ill do that before dropping one. I love my wells. They are so pretty, pretty, pretty. - then surely thats an unintended side-effect that needs to be addressed. I cant think of a reason why anyone would want to nerf great buildings or for that matter wells. Considerable work or luck go into both respectively.

Am I missing something?

Amy Steele

General
As explained in this announcement (click) from Modern Era onwards goods buildings and Wishing Wells do not produce current age (refined) goods but rather unrefined goods, the raw materials needed to produce current age goods. For Modern Era this will be Colonial Age goods and for Postmodern Era this will be Industrial Age goods. For each of the goods production buildings of the Modern Era a specific unrefined Colonial Age good is needed in order to be able to produce the refined good. For example to produce Luxury Materials you need the CA good Porcelain.

As with all goods produced by GBs and Wishing Wells these random goods are added to your stockpiles which may be viewed in your Town Hall and can be traded just like any other goods. To see what goods your Wishing Wells and GBs are producing, as with previous ages you need to catch a glimpse of the 'blimp' which rises up from the building when you collect from it. Each time you collect goods from your Wishing Well it will, as in previous ages be all one type of good for that one collection. However the amounts are doubled compared to previous eras. So for example one day you may get 20 Coffee and another day you may get 20 Wire, but never a mixture.

You may well end up with huge stockpiles of most CA goods but these will be needed to power your ME goods buildings and having stockpiles of all of them means that you are not limited to producing just those goods for which you have the correct CA boost. For example I am producing Convenience Foods for which I do not have the boost Coffee, but my GBs and Wishing Wells produced sufficient Coffee during Modern Era to power my production of Convenience Foods all the way through Postmodern Era.

DeletedUser

Okay. Thats how I figured it should work. - I am however pretty sure that quite often when the blip rises from the collection of GB or wells, the blip is the blip for unrefined goods rather than a specific CA good...?

Edit. Duh. Scratch that. The icon I thought was describing the general unrefined good - a small messy pile of something turns out to actually be the icon for tar.

Duh. Colour me stupid and call me squirrel. Well, at least my gut told me that I was missing something;-)

Thx for clearing that up.

Regards, Tviorr

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser101007

Small Point.
In your lists of Goods Buildings Information, two of the HMA Goods buildings have what they produce transposed: the Brickworks and the Ropery.

DeletedUser7719

Small Point.
In your lists of Goods Buildings Information, two of the HMA Goods buildings have what they produce transposed: the Brickworks and the Ropery.
Thanks for pointing that out! It's all updated now :)