• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Unformatted: Goods building sizes, game imbalance.

.Y2J.

Private
Some people get lucky with an iron and a honey deposit, because the buildings space required for those are only 3 x 3.
Others who are not so fortunate ended up with granite and ebony deposits, and the buildings for manufacturing that require a 4 x 4 space.

-In some cases I get a 4 x 3 and a 4 x 4, while others get 3 x 3 and a 3 x 4 goods building.

Could the buildings be resized or the larger ones produce more?

The question is: What is better?

Having Tar boosted, so that you can build 5 paper mills and 2 tar kilns to produce similar amounts of goods... or to have paper boosted so you can manufacture lots of paper on a relatively small amount of land and watch it sit pointlessly in your inventory because the market is absolutely saturated with it?

Also, doesn't this difference make a good reason for strategy decisions? If you get boosts for goods that require relatively little space to produce, you produce them using 'ordinary buildings' but if you get boosts for goods that require larger buildings, you're better off investing in GB earlier on?

I've not really got a 'yes/no' in this debate because the only goods buildings I have in all my cities are BA goods for my IA city, which are hard to trade in large quantities and even harder to get event buildings for... I don't think I care enough that my stone mason is 4x4 while my wine and lumber are only 3x3. I do get that for new players this may pose a certain inequality of opportunity, but, again, I'm not sure that merits a change and if it does merit a change, I don't know which way I think it should be changed...

GADfan

Warrant Officer
Yes, as others have mentioned, I also think it's more fortunate to get a map good that's rare than one with a small building footprint.

I remember wishing that I would get granite on my map as no player I knew at the time had it. The market was saturated with players requesting granite.
Of course I got honey and alabaster...

King Dael

Sergeant
This is why we have a thing called a "friends-list". Make sure you have plenty friends that have what you need and friends that needs what you have.
In that case, you'll never lack goods...

vfrmark

Master Corporal
Alas for last 9 years it has worked so odds of this changing is remote to zero. Its pretty balanced and trick to look at is is it balanced over ages so one age you get small buildings and next you get the rarer larger buildings