• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Good changes (on app)

(I don't know the appropriate thread to put this. If there is one, perhaps a moderator could move it for me?)

The updated app we had a few days ago (for iOS) has some marked improvements and I want to make sure the dev team know they are appreciated.

The way that contributing to GBs has been improved, with far more sensible responsiveness and more understandable information as FPs are being added. Thank you for paying attention to detail and getting it right.

There was something else I was going to mention but my sieve-like brain has lost it.

The ability to add FPs to GBs in the app at a rate that greatly exceeds that of the browser needs to change. The major issue is that an individual that has been adding in to a GB 10FP at a time from the browser will not see the FPs being added by an individual doing so through the app. If one is adding 1200FP to a level of a GB that requires 2400FP to level, one can be sitting there adding 10FP at a time in the browser. Once they've added 900FP, the player accessing the game through the app can just start clicking the 10FP button much quicker. Not only will the player using the app get to the 1200FP quicker than the player using their browser, but the player using their browser will not see the player using the app adding (like they would if two players using their browsers were adding at the same time). So in the end the player using the app has added 50% of the FPs required to level the GB and the player using their browser is screwed over having just added ~40% of the FPs required to level the GB for 2nd place rewards.

DeletedUser15986

So it's another way to get gazumped for top spot. At least it gives the App an edge in one area, given it lacks the ability to check what the map squares are in battles... the option to filter attached/unattached units... an icon showing there are collections available... the ability to swap buildings during a redesign... the ability to see who the heck is making a trade in the market... the entirety of GvG... and I'm sure I've missed some.