• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Global Warming

DeletedUser

@Emberguard I think you see this very clear.
We have had all sorts of eras: Iceage and whatnot which makes human life fragile.
The only difference is that we are witnessing it.
Though the plastic islands in the pacifics is totally embarrassing I think.
It may not have anything to do with it but I feel that we humans are not so gentle towards our planet.

FelixPSY375

Lieutenant
Global warming exists stop denying it
If you don't start to be just a little more green... You'd be the culprit of everything

DeletedUser

Global warming exists stop denying it
If you don't start to be just a little more green... You'd be the culprit of everything

Obviously I do my share just in case humans have done it all.
Climate changes are as old as the world though.
So absolutely sure we can’t be.
I agree though that as long as we can do something about it we should.

Emberguard

Legend
Now here's the interesting part "be a little more green"

The tragedy of it all is it's almost become this scapegoat for companies to push certain products. Before plastic came along our ancestors never had unrecyclable waste in the quantities that we have. And when plastic did come, at first it was made to last.

Shopping centres used to be something that you bring your own cloth bags to - not something the supermarket supplies for you. Then when supermarkets started it was with plastic bags. Then there was that movement against the plastic bags because of the effect on the environment. Now when you get "reusable" shopping bags it's still all plastic. We've swapped plastic, for even more plastic.

Clothes were made to last for decades, and patched over and over until they're no good. And when they're no good they'd be used as rags. Today the material for clothes are far thinner and so don't last as long. We also don't patch things as often when they do get holes. We're far more likely to get a brand new item of clothing

Many of the chemicals we have today that are harmful for the environment never existed for our ancestors.

We should definitely "be more green" as in reduce the negative impacts of our society. We've made improvements in areas for sure but we still need to look into how things were done in the past and compare that with the present in order to see whether what we're doing is any better, or if it's actually worse. And then from that make a decision on how to proceed along with looking at any other alternatives people are researching.

FelixPSY375

Lieutenant
Remember to BYOB-- Bring your Own Bag! This slogan is printed on like every reusable shopping bags in Hong Kong.

Fusion Energy is either Future or Failure. We have gotta research this before we run out of oil reserves or global warming gets too serious.

Emberguard

Legend
The alternative back up plan is to learn how to live without (or limited) electricity/gas/petrol/etc. Shocking I know. But in the event our current technology does fail us, if there is electricity it'll likely be reserved for things such as hospitals. And cutting down trees isn't an option if everyone is doing it. There's simply not enough to support the entire worlds population if we're all using it for furniture, tools or even if it was purely for fire to keep warm in winter.

DeletedUser

I just wish that the fact that I bring my own shoppingbag, being more green, watch my use of energy and resources will stop global warming but could it be humans are so full of themselves that we think we can change major movements inherent to natural earth cycles as for climate changes.
We can be damn arrogant like that which I totally dislike.

DeletedUser113901

It is possible to make alkanes (major constituent of petrol and natural gas) out of carbon dioxide, water and energy, with dioxygen as a subproduct. In fact it would even be easy to refine into fat, alcohol, soap or esters (smelly molecules) and I'm sure into more complex structures such as sugars ect. We just need to do that with solar panels (5% of the Sahara would be more than enough) to stop CO2 emitions and then you can burry petrol underground to reverse.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser113901

It is already done in Canada trough a factory using air's carbon dioxide, and in Spain trough a seaweed farm using a concrete factory's carbon dioxide. First is more efficient and produces better petrol, second is cheaper to build and required less advanced tech.

DeletedUser

Why are you poluting such a serious thread?

I assume this is a rhetorical question?
It is tittled “off topic” why so intolerable about a light note in between?
We all know this is an important topic but not everyone frowns constantly.

DeletedUser

Oke back to off topic topic.
I feel we humans make a mess of this whole earth in smaller and bigger things.
We know we do.
Brazilians cut down gigantic portions of rainforest, just as it is more profitable, to use the land to accommodate space to make soybeans.
People adore soybeans as eating non or less meat reduces the co2 emissions because we have less farting cattle.
At the same time they don’t give a crap about the world’s lungs: the rainforests.

A little hypocritical at least?

Last edited by a moderator: