• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Global Rankings for individuals - puzzled

Can someone help me understand the global rankings (for individuals). I have been stuck at around the 800 mark for over a month now. During that time I have levelled numerous GBs, have fought in GBG and GvG regularly and got to end of level 4 every week in GE. I am an active trader and contribute over 2000 FPs to other people's GBs daily. I could not work out why I was not progressing in the rankings. So I looked at a few players who had shot past me up the rankings to see what I was not doing that they were. To my surprise I found that almost without exception, they all had GBs that were much lower in level than mine, and had fought fewer battles than myself. One player I monitored for example because he is on my friends list went past me. I looked at his GBs. Not a single one of his GBs was at a higher level than mine and some were 40-50 levels below mine. And I have fought 26000 battles more than him. He is also in a guild that is much lower than mine in the guild rankings. Another player shot past me a few weeks ago and is now a few hundred places ahead of me in the rankings. He has no GBs that are at a higher level than mine and has only fought 3000 battles more than me. I know that one factor is probably that I have chosen to remain at LMA but there are plenty of players who are at LMA or lower ages who are higher than me in the global rankings - some much higher. I don't understand.

FlashFire

Private
Your era plays a big role in your ranking points. Since you are in LMA, each good you donate to the guild treasury or used in negotiations will give you 4.5 points. This includes the treasury donations that come from your Arc and other buildings too. For a player in The Future, one good gives him 21 points. So he's getting more than 17000 points daily just from collecting a level 80 arc every day. While you get less than 4000 if you have an arc 80. Similarly for battles, you get around 400-600 points for every unit you kill. While it's 6500 to 10000 points in the future. Also for the buildings in your city, a building in LMA will give x*30 points, where the same building in the future era gives x*1600 points, where x is the same for both players(x is a value that depends on the size and type of the building)

If you want to improve your ranking, you should probably age up to one of the final ages. Another, more expensive method would be to buy higher era goods and then donate them to the treasury. My advice would be to ignore the ranking, because they are meaningless tbh.

You get points from fighting, spending goods (not trades) and from the buildings in your city (era and size).
Camping in LMA is probably what makes the difference.

Emberguard

Legend
I have been stuck at around the 800 mark for over a month now.
If you’re doing the same things as the other 799 players above you then yes, you’ll stay in the same spot because by doing just as much as others you’re increasing by the same rate as others. Particularly against those in the same age.

To go up without ageing up you’ll either need to level up GBs faster, donate goods faster (or higher aged) or do more battles.

Thanks for all of the above replies. The impression I get is that it is mainly the age I am in that is the reason I am not going up the rankings any more. I will have to think about whether I want to go up or not. One thing that I am finding is that as Korch world ages and particularly since GBG started, more and more of the high level guilds are desperate for low age goods. I am regularly offered AF goods (and until SAAB started, even SAM goods) for Col Age and Ind Age goods. So being at a low age where it is easier to find such goods by trading with neighbours is starting to be a great advantage.

When you do a battle - the battles need to be divided by 50 to determine the amount your rank goes up.

Do a battle and at the end a window pops open to tell you how many battle points you have won.
i.e. for 50,000 and your rank will go up 1000 points.

The change in your rank is immediate so you can check before and after a battle to see the change.

Emberguard

Legend
When you do a battle - the battles need to be divided by 50 to determine the amount your rank goes up.

Do a battle and at the end a window pops open to tell you how many battle points you have won.
i.e. for 50,000 and your rank will go up 1000 points.

The change in your rank is immediate so you can check before and after a battle to see the change.
*minus damages on your side. Each health pip on your unit is worth 10% of that units points