• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Global Map / Battles

• Thread starter DeletedUser14914
  • Start date

DeletedUser14914

Hi All , I have a very perplexing situation , I am currently at the very end of Progressive Era , in fact all Research in PE is now complete , however , I still have 1 Province remaining in Industrial Age , BUT ,,,,,,, and its a huge BUT , the defending troops in that province ( represented by what would be New York and New England on a modern map ) have a defense value of 120 -140 and I can NOT defeat them even with PE Troops , is this because there is an unrepaired bug , or does INNO just like to mess with our heads ?? , I am fighting the PE Map , and almost concquered that with comparative ease , but CAN NOT defeat Indutrial Age Troops with my PE arsenal and I am now totally fed up losing troops in such high numbers when my troops could / should be better utilised defending PE Sectors in the GvG , has anyone got any remedy for my issue please

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

Learn to use the terrain/scaled map to your advantage. RFCs are very useful except against jaegers which I would use snipers (and maybe conscripts against breech loaders if RFCs don't do enough damage to them)
You can also wait until the ME since that area is not needed to advance through the map ;)

DeletedUser14914

oh , so your best advice , bearing in mind all the things at INNO Disposal , is " learn to fight better " REALLY ?? thats your best advice ?? Thanks , i`ll bear that in mind :-(

DeletedUser7719

oh , so your best advice , bearing in mind all the things at INNO Disposal , is " learn to fight better " REALLY ?? thats your best advice ?? Thanks , i`ll bear that in mind :-(
Maybe not with that attitude, but being laconic: yes. Or you can -
2) Wait for some ME units where it'll be easier than the PE
3) Negociate
4) Wait until your military GBs are boosted another 2 or 3 levels and try again
5) Skip it

I don't see what else you would expect me to say...

DeletedUser99588

@Byeordie, my best guess is he is expecting you to get the devs to justify such highly boosted armies in the Industrial Age especially given the recent nerfing of the attack GB's.

Not an unreasonable question. We all know the GB's were nerfed for GvG without too much thought about the normal map. It probably was to easy before with high level attack GB's but should you really have to have attack GB's to defeat armies on the map. In my mind the easier fights on the map utilising the attack GB's are a reward for the effort you go to get them. They should not be a necessity and this is something that should be reviewed with some thought.

But yes the answers you gave are probably the best advice that can be given at this time.

DeletedUser7719

I'm also in favor of nerfing the attack bonuses on that section of the Continent map as well, but I just thought it would be more useful to give some more tips on getting through the map rather than restate my opinion more than enough times since I already did so in the GB changes feedback/discussion thread

DeletedUser14914

@Byeordie, my best guess is he is expecting you to get the devs to justify such highly boosted armies in the Industrial Age especially given the recent nerfing of the attack GB's.

Not an unreasonable question. We all know the GB's were nerfed for GvG without too much thought about the normal map. It probably was to easy before with high level attack GB's but should you really have to have attack GB's to defeat armies on the map. In my mind the easier fights on the map utilising the attack GB's are a reward for the effort you go to get them. They should not be a necessity and this is something that should be reviewed with some thought

THAT IS what you call an answer , and yes Byeordie is correct , I was Looking for some form of Justification also , regarding the fact that I can EASILY defeat a Progressive Era Sector / Province , but step back an Era and I get wiped out ?? Really ?? so much for the word " Fair " or even the word " Support " , I had better stop at that lest I get into trouble :O(

Amy Steele

General
I'm currently fighting my way through the IndA bonus provinces using a mixture of PE units and Howitzers, which I kept for use against those pesky Jaegers that so love hiding in forest. I've tried to fight them with PE units only, but without using Howitzers I lose every time there are more than 3 Jaegers, especially where there is a significant amount of forest for them to hide in.

Where there is not much forest, as byeordie suggests, a mixture of Snipers and RFCs will do the trick.

DeletedUser7719

lol, I totally fofrgot: rogues probably gave me the main advantage since those jaegers would leave their trees just to attack them

DeletedUser99445

Learn to use the terrain/scaled map to your advantage. RFCs are very useful except against jaegers which I would use snipers (and maybe conscripts against breech loaders if RFCs don't do enough damage to them)
You can also wait until the ME since that area is not needed to advance through the map ;)

Very Good Advice :cool: