• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Duplicate: Glitching buildings and freezing terrain movement

DeletedUser14881

• World: Arvahall
  • Browser and Version: Chrome, latest
  • Overview of the bug: Buldings don't appear and terrain locks in some part of map
  • How often this occurs: Random, but always since today morning (GMT -3)
  • Urgency: Moderate
  • Preventative Actions: Not sure, but reload the game fixes it, sometimes, until it happens again.
  • Summary: After game loads enough resources to dismiss the splash screen, some buildings do not appear (pic) and when they do, after doing something with them, like opening a GB ranking for example, or visiting a neighbor's/friends' city and coming back to my city, the screen locks on the topmost side of map where we now have more space for expansions and I can't drag the map.. Sometimes even my own buildings disappear (pic).

This is an approximate viewport of second picture to show what should appear in that big empty space.

Note: After reading some reports about more settings being automatically set to a different state other than the ones defined by players I checked mine and I noticed Hardware accelaration was enabled. And I didn not activate it because I don't have a good VGA in none of the computers I use to play.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: I didn't because I'm not exactly sure how to explain it.
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum: Yep! In fact, besides the fact this started happening today morning, coincidentally, it was during my first login after cleaning my browser's stuff (cache, cookies..)

DeletedUser

Have you switched the Hardware Acceleration feature off? It was inadvertently enabled in cities after the update today, as per the explanation in this thread

Thanks for the bug report :)

There was an update this morning that seems to have activated hardware acceleration in every player's city. If you have noticed a drop off in performance today, please check your settings menu, and if hardware acceleration is activated, please turn it off and see if that improves the situation.

DeletedUser15297

Have you switched the Hardware Acceleration feature off? It was inadvertently enabled in cities after the update today, as per the explanation in this thread

Same bug here, I've enabled GPU acceleration since the first day it was available and I had no problem. Today the game is unplayable !

DeletedUser14881

Yes, I switched it off and at least so far it's all good.