• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Ghost Guilding in GvG maps

DeletedUser11930

Hi it has come to my attaention still lots of ghost guilding going on in FOE and whilst they claim it is not wrong technically it isunder legal perspectives.
IE you cannot have more than 1 account per person or you face banishment yet you can condone 1 person or guild using more than 1 guild account to play for GvG reduced costs this is no different to using multiple accounts to further your game.
If i was present the evidence i have in a court i could win my battle as the ruling made bt FOE is hypocritical they cannot condone ghost guilding if they do not condone multiple accounts,multiple personal accounts or multiple guild accounts is the the same principal and therefore should result in the same punishment a permanant ban of the offending accounts and removal of the offeners from all GvG maps

DeletedUser1081

I like your creative thinking, but the people in ghost guilds are not in multiple guilds simultaneously, so alas: It's not the same as having multiple game accounts. All they've done is leave one guild and then started (or joined) another, which any of us might do for all kinds of reasons that don't necessarily involve anything ghostly.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11930

no they are using the guild and still as part of 3 other guilds they are part of this is blatant cheating may as well let us all have multi accounts if gonna condone this.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2989

Unfortunately having a guild release one of it's members to create a guild that provides some sort of benefit to the original guild isn't the same as multi accounting and isn't breaking the rules.

In the case of multi accounting it is 1 person using several identities to gain an advantage. In the case of ghost guilds it's a group of people deciding to drop a player (or group of players) that then forms their own guild which then chooses to take actions that favor their previous guild.

In fact banning "multi guilds" would destroy all alliances as no guild would be able to take any action that consistently favors another guild, sister guilds would not be allowed to exist and hundreds if not thousands of players would be eligible for bans (as the only way to "ban" a guild would be to ban all the individual players).

Now there has been debate over weather or not Inno actually wants ghost/demo guilds to exist, I'm pretty sure the reality is that they don't (they are just taking a long time to implement various changes). There have been several ideas that would remove the usefulness of ghost guilds (without banning people or creating new rules to prevent it) and we are yet to see what way Inno goes about it. I'd say any that comes will probably come in parts (little changes here and there) but eventually we should see it get to the point where ghosting will be pointless and hopefully GvG will still be playable.

DeletedUser11930

increase the initial siege costs for guilds to siege the first 3 sectors on every map therefore ghost guilds would find it more costly and less beneficial as they do not intend to keep land as they cannot defend it but to pass it on to their original guild they were in also increase the time from 7 days to 28 days before returning to a guild as i see many members guild hopping backwards and forwards between certain guilds to hit the same guilds at reduced costs

DeletedUser

I think it's easy really.

Once a player leaves a guild and then returns to the guild they left they don't get any bonus from GvG like extra FP from Town Hall etc... for 1 Quarter (3 Months) then the bonus becomes active to that member. Remember this only applies to a "RETURNING" player and not a new one. As a programmer this would be so easy to implement.

2nd and in additional to the above, extend the members return to the guild they left by 6 weeks.

I Guarantee you there would be no ghosting after that.

1. Player can't go back to their original guild for 6 weeks - enough to deter anyone.
2. When they do return they can't get any bonus for 3 months so that's no bonus for a total of 4 months and 2 weeks.

Problem Solved! Easily programmable, an experienced programming team using this layer of coding could easily achieve this withing 2-4 weeks, and finally......

PROBLEM SOLVED

Dread