• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

getting armies of higher ages via map of continents

Curley Jue

Private
What do I need to do to get units of higher ages via negotiating The map of continents? I am in FMA, map is end of LMA. I want to go to FE on the map but stay in FMA until 2021

Curley Jue

Private
thanks a lot -i read the linked excellent guide. I am in EMA, my map is in LMA/Four Gallows, 4th province. bonus sector Grand Gap is not yet touched.

Can i negotiate the map up to IA to get expansions when i do not touch Grand Gap? my understanding is that I can trigger a quest to get CA units (2 musketeers and 2 grenadiers) in LMA by conquering the bonus province “Grand Gap”.

correct?

r21r

Major-General
thanks a lot -i read the linked excellent guide. I am in EMA, my map is in LMA/Four Gallows, 4th province. bonus sector Grand Gap is not yet touched.

Can i negotiate the map up to IA to get expansions when i do not touch Grand Gap? my understanding is that I can trigger a quest to get CA units (2 musketeers and 2 grenadiers) in LMA by conquering the bonus province “Grand Gap”.

correct?
Bonus sectors in general ain't blocking you from scouting further, but sometimes if you *scout/capture* them, then you trigger different things (story-questline-and also scouting sometimes)
read again the guide carefully, but unless it is a "Full-StepbyStep" guide, do not feel sure as sometimes even the oldest players do not know what triggers quests.... !
other call it random other call it a combination of the previous sectors-tech tree aquired

Last edited:

r21r

Major-General
With few words, you can get expansions by keeping your RQ's (at least up to indystrial from my experience) but if you capture a sector that gives you bonus troops BEFORE you are able to do the particular quest, then maybe it will be auto replaced and you will lose that troops...

Curley Jue

Private
i read the guide again. I am pretty sure that I understood the concept. I tried to Google a second source and failed. hence i am not sure if the trigger is “Grand Gap”

will get the following plan work ? 1. Camp in EMA 2. negotiate the map without bonus fields until IA to get expansions 3. get arc80 4. go to LMA 5. conquere bonus sector “grand Gap” 6. hope that the quest that gives CA units will be triggered 7. fight for 2 moths GbG with CA units in EMA

r21r

Major-General
i read the guide again. I am pretty sure that I understood the concept. I tried to Google a second source and failed. hence i am not sure if the trigger is “Grand Gap”

will get the following plan work ? 1. Camp in EMA 2. negotiate the map without bonus fields until IA to get expansions 3. get arc80 4. go to LMA 5. conquere bonus sector “grand Gap” 6. hope that the quest that gives CA units will be triggered 7. fight for 2 moths GbG with CA units in EMA
if you plan to camp to IA (industrial?) you don't care about missing the CA units quest...
if you plan to Camp to LMA, CA troops sound cool, but reading your current stats, i do not have the experience to guess if you still can get them..

In case you are planning to Camp to Industrial, you will need to search the guide (there are youtube videos aswell) for the PME - Machine Gun Team (MGT's) troops.

Curley Jue

Private
before going to industrial age i want to go to LMA for 2 months and want to use CA troops. do you know any key words to find the step by step you tube guide?

Powe

Brigadier-General

Upon completing enough story quests, you receive two musketeers and unlock a series of quests that give 5 grenadiers and 2 field guns.

Curley Jue

Private
o thanks!!! i scouted Ravens Creek but did not touch it. do you think quest will still be triggered when i do what you wrote?

Powe

Brigadier-General
o thanks!!! i scouted Ravens Creek but did not touch it. do you think quest will still be triggered when i do what you wrote?
It will. I actually acquired the first 5 provinces of the bonus questline before completing the story quest that triggers it. You cannot miss bonus quests. I'm not allowed to link sites but PM me to tell you which site to check.