• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

get rid of castles for pvp

• Thread starter DeletedUser13805
  • Start date

DeletedUser13805

i vote we should get rid of castles that aid pvp. its got so daft now that people are getting super strong all because they have a huge boost in att or def.
i have castles and i wouldnt mind them going if it means we all play on a fair playing field, in my view castles are the worse thing they could of given to pvp. so are you going to tell me you need the huge boosts so you can win ? or how about a fair fight for all? in a single stroke more people will get a chance of winning against anyone and that in my book is how it should be

DeletedUser7719

What exactly would you want to be replaced with the attack/defense boost?

DeletedUser13805

What exactly would you want to be replaced with the attack/defense boost?

nothing : )
it would just be troops agaisnt troops do you see any army fighting with a defence boost or attack boost ? no they fight with the army and weapons that they have 1 to 1 so why do people need a boost that just makes the game so unfair in favour of people with the huge boosts

DeletedUser

nothing : )
it would just be troops agaisnt troops do you see any army fighting with a defence boost or attack boost ? no they fight with the army and weapons that they have 1 to 1 so why do people need a boost that just makes the game so unfair in favour of people with the huge boosts

I suggest you relook at the history of war - its never been 1:1. Each side has always saught to use any advantage technological or otherwsie at their disposal. Europe is littered with castles used for defence and control and I take umbridge by what is effectivly a suggestion to make figthing easier for those without these advantages because you dont wan't to or can't get a castle etc - As a player who worked hard (not buying diamonds) to get my GB's it always annoys me when posts like this spring up - using the make it easier its unfair argument

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13805

I suggest you relook at the history of war - its never been 1:1. Each side has always saught to use any advantage technological or otherwsie at their disposal. Europe is littered with castles used for defence and control and I take umbridge by what is effectivly a suggestion to make figthing easier for those without these advantages because you dont wan't to or can't get a castle etc - As a player who worked hard (not buying diamonds) to get my GB's it always annoys me when posts like this spring up - using the make it easier its unfair argument

i have a good castle boost but thats ok for me, i can beat any defence out there as i am what you would call super strong and i worked hard to get there as well, but i know dam well that its just an unfair advantage i have over new players or weaker ones and i care about pvp growing for all not just the ones at the top. and i we got rid of these castles then it would be player v player with troops v troops. whats up dont you have that much faith in your battling ability that you need a castle to help you out ?

DeletedUser

I've built up a strong defensive and offensive force and I still get beat but the attacker looses more troops making them work for their PVP points. This is ultimatly the point remove defence boost to make it easier and loose less units. The new player argument doesn't hold water as they should go the new world not a devloped one if they want to have a chance at competing 'fairly' and the new hood merges have pretty much sorted out the farming of weaker players so this no longer holds water either

DeletedUser13805

I've built up a strong defensive and offensive force and I still get beat but the attacker looses more troops making them work for their PVP points. This is ultimatly the point remove defence boost to make it easier and loose less units. The new player argument doesn't hold water as they should go the new world not a devloped one if they want to have a chance at competing 'fairly' and the new hood merges have pretty much sorted out the farming of weaker players so this no longer holds water either

you mean the merges were players now dont have a cat in hells chance of winning ? you mean the merges that have pushed together players of much lesser power with the big hitters of the game ?
no what ever way you try to dress it up the fact is the castles are the most unfairest system in the game without castles everyone would be on a level footing, hell we have a huge enough advantage as it is with having pe troops we dont need the boosts against new players and it would give the new players a drive to push on and pvp would be thriving instead of dying like it is now

DeletedUser

My Towers are full (PE has 15 and IE 16 active combatants on day 1) and and are anything but dying which suggest you either have a lot of active non combatants or a lot of inactive players in your hood. as hoods progress the lower towers naturally die off and this was more pronounced when the god like archers issue was fixed and people abandoned lower units for much needed space. I went from fighting in all towers to just the top 3 and now I'm just focusing on PE
The top half of my hood merged with a lot of other top players. rather than moan and ask for advantages to be removed because I've gone from 4th place in my hood to 12th I'm choosing to thrive and battle and I'm not using diamonds to heal my troops or bulid them quicker either and yet I'm number 4 in the PE tower against the 7 of the top 2 players in my world.

DeletedUser13805

My Towers are full (PE has 15 and IE 16 active combatants on day 1) and and are anything but dying which suggest you either have a lot of active non combatants or a lot of inactive players in your hood. as hoods progress the lower towers naturally die off and this was more pronounced when the god like archers issue was fixed and people abandoned lower units for much needed space. I went from fighting in all towers to just the top 3 and now I'm just focusing on PE
The top half of my hood merged with a lot of other top players. rather than moan and ask for advantages to be removed because I've gone from 4th place in my hood to 12th I'm choosing to thrive and battle and I'm not using diamonds to heal my troops or bulid them quicker either and yet I'm number 4 in the PE tower against the 7 of the top 2 players in my world.

again we hear all about you mate ? well done but think about someone else, thats if you want to be able to compete in a few months time as your lucky to be in ahood that is active and i belive its only came about because of the huge increase of inactivity in pvp.
i have tried to promote pvp in the guild i am in i run a weekly competion trying to get players to compete for even the ba tower sadly this weeks results were down to just a handful and the news is even those handful some of them players who have battled week in week out are giving in as they can not win or get close so there turning to farming instead : (
and i see lots of people very unhappy with the merge system but for me the problem isnt merging as you will just end up with someone else with huge castle boost or not as the case may be, the problem is players who think there gods because they can not be touched all because they have been around a long time and have got lots of fps to boost up a castle ? not really a skill its just something to hide behind.
personaly i would get rid of my castles right away if everyone else would as i am not scared of competion and i dont need them to win

DeletedUser

I have been replying with my opionion from 'my' perspective rather than speculating what everyone else wants, vainly hidden behind what I want.
Everyone else should come here and state what they want or think if they care to have an opinion one way or another.
HOwever, clearly based on your repsonses to all of my posts here your not interested in opions that differ to yours, suggesting this thread is less of a suggestion for discussion (as I assumed it was) and more a statement of your opionion and how you think the game should move forward.
Prob no further point in this thread on that basis as you've made your statement and a mod should simply closely it.

DeletedUser13805

it was made clear where you stand with this post how it makes you angry and that you want to keep hold of castles because you have this huge advantage and you dont want to give it up. thats ok, but i am trying to look at the bigger picture of pvp and if you can not see that yes you have a huge advantage but its drawback is that it doesnt make anyone want to have a go why should they ? and when you started the game people wouldnt have had such a huge advantage like they do now so all its doing is keeping the big boys up the top and nothing at all for the smaller player and thats what i care about is promoting pvp for more to play it not just those who have castles with huge boosts as thats how it is now sadly

DeletedUser13805

back to the main topic
when players first started this game there were no castles so those players had it easy but most of all they had a fair game as it was troops v troops and if someone attacked and plundered you then you could plunder them right back. but now look at it ? unfair advantages for many players who wouldnt stick around if they had to cope with the way the game is played today. so for me castles should go and the advantages players would have is a strong army of the age there in. and surely it would help better merges as people would really be able to compete as without the castle boosts peoples armys are beatable