Historical Questline Genghis Khan

Discussion in 'Announcement Discussions' started by Sovereign, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Agent327

Agent327 Tsar

No it doesn't, cause you do not seem to understand how it works.

Only mandatory technologies that you have to do to continue in your techtree count when it comes to autocompleting quests. A tech like the 600 diamond house is not mandatory, so even with that one open you can autocomplete, but you only autocomplete when you have reached the end of VF part 1 when it comes to techs.

A tech like the 600 diamond house you can however use when for example you are at the end of Industrial and do not want to go up. In that case you can use an old not mandatory tech, provided you have left some open.

2. Emberguard

Emberguard FoE Team Forum Moderator

I've never looked at the specifics for this type of autocomplete and are not far enough in the game to base it on personal experience, so you're right - I'm making more assumptions then anything. However:
    If they've skipped techs, that begs the question of how it could only be mandatory techs needed. How far back/forward were these skipped techs? Are they VF techs?

3. Agent327

Agent327 Tsar

They can be any techs. If you look at EMA, the techs Casting and Quarries are at a dead end. You do not have to do them. You can leave them open and still autocomplete if you have reached the end of VF. On the other hand, if you are camping in any era beyond EMA, you can go back and complete them in order to do the quest without having to move up an age. That's probably the situation Oops is in.

4. Blitz Epidemic

Blitz Epidemic Master Corporal

I thought you were going to get rid of the mandatory 'Acquire a province'? Since you destroyed FE troops i'm getting near the end of what I can do on the map. You should of grandfathered in us older members.

Overall it is a great prize, and was quick to complete.

5. Michael K.

Michael K. Major-General

I continue to be amazed and laugh at the absolute ineptitude of the Forge 'Development' team.
    A building that gives happiness??
    When was any tribe/village/town/city/country happy to see Genghis??
    This building should give 'unhappiness' points, much like our Haunted Houses do.
    You guys are such a joke.
    If you're gonna do 'Historical Questlines' could you pleeeze at least pull your heads out of you rears before you present the questlines, and make some feeble attempt to get your historical background correct?
    . . . . mk

6. Emberguard

Other cities would be unhappy, but not Khans own people ;) they'll be enjoying the plundered goods

7. Oops

Oops Private

After doing a AF quest, I could continue. I had also an VF quest who was not completed, so maybe I should have done that. But quests like this have autocompleted earlier for me. I really hope that completing the last VF quest will let me autocomplete next time.

8. Emberguard

Maybe it was the VF quest then. After all those have only been around for a short time.

9. Agent327

Agent327 Tsar

Depends. "Smart Fabrics" you can leave open, so that one does not count. All others are mandatory, so you have to do them to autocomplete.

10. DarkUros222

DarkUros222 Tsar

Why is that wrong?
    Even in RL, nowadays, there are monuments as tribute to war heroes and conquerors.
    So, why should people be unhappy because of statue of their military leader?

Chalinna likes this.
  11. Oops

Oops Private

It was smart fabrics that was open, everything else of VF techs are done. Could a mod check out this?

12. Emberguard

@Oops you'll have to open a support ticket on that world. As far as I'm aware a ingame mod will be able to check it.

13. JadeAlana

JadeAlana Monarch

I always thought the only one that didn't have to be done was the diamond one in EMA, but you had to do everything else to autocomplete.

14. FelixPSY375

FelixPSY375 Private

completed this within 24 hours fastest ever I have done

DarkUros222 likes this.
  15. Test Ament

Test Ament Emperor

in the past it was: have the last tech done

dead ends didn't matter

why so slow ?

16. FelixPSY375

FelixPSY375 Private

within 24 hours is not 24 hours. I have done it in 6-7 hours yesterday

17. Agent327

Agent327 Tsar

Why so slow?

18. joesoap

joesoap Brigadier-General

He might just be giving the rest of you a chance to tell us how brilliant & wonderful & fast you are

19. Emberguard

why the rush :P

Migraine of Ord and JadeAlana like this.
  20. JadeAlana

JadeAlana Monarch

I'm not rushing, doesn't matter if finish in one day or 6 days as long as I get it done by end of the event. Most of it auto completes as you play the game normally anyway

Migraine of Ord likes this.