• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

General questions/overview

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I've played this starting in the closed beta. I've read a lot of the forum and even expressed my views a few times. From what I've seen a lot of the players questions are answered by other players which is great but I'm also seeing whole threads going on and on without direct answers or even Mod/Dev responses.

Who around here really knows what's going on?

If I post an idea or thought (which will occur shortly) how do I know it's taken seriously if all that the thread gets is comments from other players that either like the idea or wish to express how stupid they think it is?

Your thoughts on this game are plain and simple.

1. You want to make money - Diamonds to speed up everything
2. You want a lot of players that can work together - Battle/Trading

Now here's some problems with the set up of those ideas.

1. Diamonds for everything will not bring an income to player ratio worth keeping.(as stated in other threads) people that pay for everything will run off those that don't, leaving you with 100s of high end players compared to 1000s of basic players willing to pay well for the simple advances only a small number of diamond spending can do. I suggest that you reduce the items/abilities a player has available to pay diamonds for.

Which is worse??

A. Someone pays now $100 and really gets all the things he needs at once with diamonds then reaches a point that he's bored cause even though it's not set up to be a pay now game it looks like that to the player and they leave.

B. Player buys $10 in diamonds cause they aren't needed as much and plays months/years with maybe small monthly purchases for those tough times not realizing that he's spending more than $100 in the long run. And in that time he enjoys the game bringing friends who in turn spend their $10 for their tough spots or to catch up to their friends.

2. To get people to play together you have to make it a game worth sticking with. I've seen a lot of people try to compare this to Tribal Wars and IMO I'd say if they want it that way why don't they play Tribal Wars? lol

But in all seriousness it does need changes (which I know are in the works from other post)

My suggestion for getting players to work together and really help the game by helping themselves is fix the trading and item worth.

I know everything has a price but as it is now there isn't a set value to anything. Why is it that I can buy from a merchant 1 ebony with 10 Iron, Jewelry, or Cloth and then turn around and buy 1 Iron, Jewelry, or Cloth with 10 ebony?? Was it sudden deflation/inflation? lol

I would like to see a trading center where people can place items for Coins or other items and have those items set some sort of value that way those trades can be either friendly or competitive.

As for battles attacking others is great but if a player is online they should get a notice with at least 30-60 seconds to respond and manually take part in the battle. Not just receive a popup saying that they'd been attacked with the outcome.

Ok I'm almost done but one more suggestion is this!

This is a beta so please perform at least some minor updates showing that the Devs are paying attention! If they don't work right or are just simple text changes that would show these players that something is happening! We've been stuck on 9.1.6750 for quite a while now!

Thanks I do look forward to more than just player comments. Show us the action and we'll show you the loyalty!

DeletedUser

The thing is with diamonds you don't actually gain anything over other people to get a large advantage like some games as at most you can only plunder a person once a day and sure you can speed up your gameplay but it will take a lot of money if you do it on everything and you still don't get anything someone else can't other then some buildings that get outdated after a bit.

The social aspect and trading does need a lot of help along with a chat window that most games have for communication would help a lot also.

I would recommend you never trade at the 10 - 1 ratios as I have no problem trading with other players right now as long as you offer decent rates, usually a 1 - 1 ratio for the same level age goods unless you are the only one it looks like producing one and you can get more then.

It appears for instance I am one of the few that has a ebony raw resource and thus I can usually trade at a 1 - 1.5 ratio for the other iron age resources I need.

Or even build the building to make the goods for a time if no one is trading it and stockpile it until you need the space and can sell the building off.

I can see live battles working in a arena or such but having them with the social bar would be a issue as it could take a long time to play matches and since you do not get any troops killed off when you get attacked right now it would be a large a advantage.

DeletedUser

Well it's been almost a week since I wrote this and not a single acknowledgement from Mods or Devs. Now I make quite a few good points that should be addressed. If they are being worked on or even thought about by devs we should be informed of that with details cause it's players that can and will give some of the best ideas. Remember without players the Devs don't have jobs!

DeletedUser

i like the suggestions you have made, perhaps someone, somewhere will take notice ;-)

as for myself. I have bought some diamonds, for the additional spaces, it provides , all other purchases with them seem irrelevant (unless you 'just cant wait'..). Space does come into play in a large way, and addition slots are very handy. However it would be nice to think that some sort of 'lucky-dip' system may exists at some stage to allow 'free' diamonds. I'm not talking 1000's with a 50;50 chance, but 'some' with a little more than 'next to nowt', to give those that cant spend the cash, at least some opportunity to eventually purchase something they would like.

As for trading, hmm..well things are worth, what your prepared to trade. i understand the non-player traders high price..to encourage trade between players...the only problem here, as with the server i am on..out of 80 peeps, there are only about a dozen active, to more and less degrees...some trade is Very difficult as there are not the resources out there. This serves to not merely slow the game down, but almost grind it to a a halt. Perhaps after two weeks with a 'zero' score their empire maybe removed to a more inactive server?

just a couple of my thoughts on things...

Status
Not open for further replies.