• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

General questions and answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser276

Howdy folks I noticed that there is a lot of questions and such that are being double... triple and even quadruple posted. I figure if I give a quick posting of common questions it should help people get referred to the proper answer rather than open up more threads on the same topic.

Bugs
If you find what you think is a bug ingame please post it in the bugs section of the forums. If its urgent you can post a support ticket ingame by going to your main screen and right clicking. In the option menu that pops up pick support and follow the instructions that follow.

Complaints about slow forge point accrual
This is a game of strategy. Some things take time... well a lot of things. Forge points are set to 10 for a reason on max capacity. If you sleep 12 hours and not 8-9 as the average person sleeps don’t expect the game to change to match your sleep pattern.

Trades
Some complaints have come in on it costing a forge point to trade. This is only a one sided cost. If you put things on the market it doesn’t cost you a forge point. If you accept trades on the market from other people it costs you a forge point. Think of this as taxation. You may not think its fair but it should be put into consideration when people are trading. Should help people look at it and not demand 10 resources for 5 resources given.

I don’t have enough resources and its going to take me 3 days or more to build what I need!
Well start trading. If there isn’t anything on the market... put yours on the market. It has to start somewhere. You may have excess cloth and need wine... someone might have the wine resource bonus and have tons of wine but no cloth.

If you cant find anyone in your area to trade with then have patience. We are working on a way to trade with other areas rather than just the 80 in your area.

Fighting

I cant find the attack list of people who attacked me when I was offline. I closed the window and cannot find it now.
Click on town hall, then on News tab and there you will find Event History

Can I defend my city while I am online manually rather than have it computer operated?
Right now no. That is something we are looking at though for future updates.

I will update this post if I see certain question topics multiply.

Just try and remember folks that this is a strategy game. Dont expect things to move fast and work for your upgrades on buildings and research as well as units. This game wasnt made to be completed over a weekend. If you play well and hard you can get to max expansion at this time within 6 months.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser276

Why dont we have a chat feature? All other online games have a chat feature this game sucks if it doesnt have a chat.

We dont have one as its a massive server drain. Plus we tried putting a chat feature into another game and it was buggy. But we bought it and its ours... as buggy as it is. The priority though is getting the current bugs fixed and adding key features to the game rather than put something we know is buggy and will slow down the production and final product of the game even further.

I thought this was a pvp game. The battle system sucks

other than just being a statement and non contributive this is not really a pvp game. Not like the other games that InnoGames has. Though the pvp system is in the middle of getting a massive overhaul to make pvp a more central part of the game play the main goal for the game is to fight through the ages and help your city grow.

There are too many bugs in this game this game sucks

well when you get to the splash page on the load it says beta. That means the game is being beta tested. Its buggy and not complete. Thats why we want players to help with finding the bugs.

Diamond expeditures cost too much!!

Its much easier to over charge for items at this juncture till we can figure out how things work than undercharge and have to deal with people complaining on rate hikes. The cost for diamonds ingame will go down... but will be a slow long process.

You need better customer service
This isnt about who spends money and who doesnt. Alot of people put down the fact that they spend cash and as such should get preferential treatment. You get what you pay for. The deal with the diamonds is you buy them and you can unlock extra stuff and speed through areas faster than if you didnt. It doesnt mean you get treated better than another player who doesnt spend money.

I know it doesnt match what some of you consider customer service but its the reality of the situation. You get what you pay for. Nothing more... nothing less. Do we need people spending money? sure why not. But as I have said a bunch of times the best thing to do at this juncture is wait for costs to drop and stabilize.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser276

REPUTATION!!!!!!

Thats right. Doubt anyone has noticed or read the section but thought I would throw it in here for quick reference for players.

The rep system in the forums is more about what we think of peoples posts... was it informative.. helpful... can we trust what this person says? If you want to add or subtract from a person rep and also their rep title look to the post and there is a nice pretty sheriffs badge...

rep.jpg

Clicking on that will bring up this menu

Rep2.jpg

Once you click on positive or negative you can if you want explain why. This is purely anonymous and players wont see where the rep came from unless you sign your name on it. Happy repping folks.. and remember dont do rep swaps.. its unfair to the community as a whole.

DeletedUser

Game Update

The Recent game update moved the Sell/Move tool buttons and a lot of people are confused to the location and have been posting threads. The answer to your problem is simple, it has been moved to underneath the Forge Points when you select the building tab in game.

sell.jpg

DeletedUser276

Ok folks if you have a problem ingame and you cant log in at all to file an ingame ticket all you have to do is click on this link.

http://support.innogames.de/login/game/?locale=en

Scroll down a bit and click on Forge of Empires. This will allow you to access the ingame ticket system when you cant log in. Enjoy.

DeletedUser276

Login Problems

When I login I get to 70% and it stops loading... WHATS GOING ON!!

Well its just a communication thing between your isp and our server. nothing big. If you use the hard refresh option you should bypass this and get into the game. Ctrl + F5 at the exact same time when your stuck on the load screen.

Diamonds

I tried to buy diamonds but all I get is a white screen on the diamond purchase screen how can I fix this

Well thats actually a very common thing when a player uses Internet Explorer. While I dont know the exact cause of it with the coding between the game and IE the game was actually optimized at this point for Chrome or Opera. Using these browsers should fix the white screen and allow you to purchase your diamonds.

DeletedUser276

I didn't receive my medals from the tournaments

Ok well this ones fairly simple. If the tournament ended wait 24 hours before taking action. The medals might be slow in the coming. After 24 hours of tournament completion if you still have not received your medals go ingame and file a support ticket declaring WHAT towers you haven't got your medals from and how many you should have gotten from each tower.

Filing an ingame ticket

Guess I should have this here. You can use the link I posted earlier or you can just go into the game and right click anywhere on the screen. In the menu that appears select "Support" and follow the path. Make sure the world is right as well as what type of ticket it is. If your having problems that are minor you can post them in the forums. If major problems please post them in the support menu ingame. This allows us access to your account directly and makes our jobs easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.