• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

General Offensive/Defensive Military Guide

DeletedUser14664

and also - get attacking bonus, zeus, aachen and castel. with enough, you can beat 8 rangers with 8 dragoons, with little losses

Japphur

Private
I'm still trying to get through the last province in Paruuch, which is 3 legionnaires, 2 ballistas and two soldiers. I have warriors and slingers and have tried other things (horsemen, stone throwers etc.) but just can't seem to get the combo right! The ballistas keep taking my guys out then the legionnaires are really tough to kill. Is there a favoured combo, or do I just need to not be so c**p tactic wise?

The terrain keeps coming up with swamp between me and the enemy so I try to get round the front troops and pick off the ballistas, but I get bogged down and picked off...

Any tips gratefully received :-)

Last edited:

DeletedUser7719

Upgrade your troops?
If you want to try and use your Bronze Age troops, try 6 stone throwers and 2 warriors. Use the stones to take out the balistas first, and then the legions, and use your warriors to defend your stone throwers (attack soldiers with them)

Japphur

Private
I'm working towards the soldiers, who are the light infantry improvement on spearfighters... interesting one about 6 stone throwers though... would take a while to build them, but I could try something similar with slingers (here's some I made earlier...) :-)

numbrcrunchr

Master Corporal
Been hearing differing opinions regarding the ideal DA or siege configuration. Some say don't use any rogues at all, and other suggest you could use 1 or 2 at the max. I have been experimenting around with my own DA in PvP and have variously tried either one artillery with 7 rogues, or 2 artillery with 7 rogues and wondered what others think of a configuration with such a high no. of rogues. I found with the 7R/1A the attacker had no problem if they decided to go manual, but were in trouble if they went auto all the way. For 6R/2A I found the artillery are at the extreme ends of the line of troops, with 6 rogues in between, which makes it harder for an attacker going manual to kill the artillery without touching the rogues. Recently I had to try to put a siege down which comprised one light and 7 rogues. I found I had to go manual until the sole light was gone, then went auto. However if I had to do this each time it would have slowed down the taking down of the siege considerably, which may have conferred advantage to the original attacking army as they plow through the sector DAs. Thoughts?