• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

General Feed Back - Good and Bad

Hi Team,

Just want to give some feed back, good and bad. Based on discussions with a number of players. Short term and long term players.

1. Well done on introducing the 1% buildings in events. They are achievable for those who want to spend money and those who don't, providing they want to spend time on the game to product diamond farms or just have multiple worlds.

2. GE5. Overall big success. I know alot of players complain. But if you play regularly and participate in events regularly. It is definitely manageable to complete GE5 weekly. It has also forced players to work on their city defence. Which is a good thing.

4. Great work on the new Great Building Mechanics. In regards to introducing the era of the GB goods to continue to lvl past lvl 10. Encourages trading and Era advancement. But also achievable manageable for those who would like to camp and be patient and slowly build the goods needed to build and lvl the GBs. Weather it is through trading or Building the correct GBs to get the goods.

3. Some negative feed back. But Constructive in a way.

- I would agree that alot of the new event buildings are way over powered They are competing with some of the Great Building even when they are at a decent lvl. But in saying that. The passive effects such as, previous era goods, smaller buildings which take time to get even for free. Are a good addition.

I understand that you can't go back now. But maybe slow the curve on how powerful the new event buildings are. Reasons I am saying this. Is that at the pace it is going at. You would essentially make those strong 1% buildings not worth it.

Just like the settlement buildings are atm. for example the Aegean Resort is more powerful than the Vikings settlement reward in regards to combined attack power per tile. Yet the Viking's settlement is wayy more tedious and more time consuming to finish to get a fully leveled building then a 3 - 5 week event. and it's also a one off. Soo players will only stop completing the settlements in the future. As they will only have to wait for another strong event building to finish rather than taking the time to complete a settlement over and over. In my opinion Settlement rewards should never be outdated as they are for the long term players, so for those who legit enjoy the game and want to spend time on the game.

Overall I just feel that if the game continues in the trajectory it is going. It is going to become a paid to win game. I understand this may be good short term. But would definitely be bad for the long term interests of the game.

Just to be clear. I am not saying that it is there not. And hopefully it does not cross that line. But one thing that should be worked on, is to taper back on the event buildings and definitely add another lvl to the Settlement buildings to make them worthwhile in todays environment.

Knight of ICE

I do not agree with your view on the settlements. Apart from the Vikings they have never been worth the time and effort. Participation of Vikings must have been good, cause it was new, but it must have dropped after that. It has been a long time we had a new settlement, which gives me reason to believe we will not get one anymore.

Also according to you, the settlements are for the long term players, but what about those Event buildings you consider to be to powerful? Doesn't the same apply there? Are they not getting more powerful just to keep long tem players interested? For me they do not even come close to competting with the GB's I have. They did however result in me removing GB's that were not worth keeping.

I do not agree with your view on the settlements. Apart from the Vikings they have never been worth the time and effort. Participation of Vikings must have been good, cause it was new, but it must have dropped after that. It has been a long time we had a new settlement, which gives me reason to believe we will not get one anymore.

Also according to you, the settlements are for the long term players, but what about those Event buildings you consider to be to powerful? Doesn't the same apply there? Are they not getting more powerful just to keep long tem players interested? For me they do not even come close to competting with the GB's I have. They did however result in me removing GB's that were not worth keepi
Yes I did say that and there are not many players that don't have a lvl 9 Yggdrasil Tree or working towards it.

But with the new OP event buildings, it is no longer required to complete a settlement like the Vikings, which a lot of players would have in the past highly recommended that settle above all others. As it has an 3.33 att per tile. But requires a road.

And in regards to my point example the Aegean Garden resort resort has an 2.95 att/def tile per square in LMA, But goes up to 4.15 in later ages when you add the att and def bonus together.

As for comparison to a GB, the Aegean Couples resort is on par with a lvl 53 CDM. in regards to combined att/def for att/def per tile, based off the 4.15 combined att/def per tile.

I am not saying that OP event buildings are a bad thing at this point in time. But what I am saying is that I hope they don't keep getting more and more powerful, as that will ruin the balance of the game. and I am also saying that, with the current standards of the event buildings, settlements is an area that needs a make over to keep them up to date.

And too your point that it is good to increase the power of the event buildings to encourage people to get involved. Yes it is. But they have been drastically improved. Not gradually. When you drastically improve the stats, you leave no where to go and you limit the game growth and it peaks way too quickly.

But when you gradually improve those stats it gives you time to be creative elsewhere and also stops the game from peaking too soon. Therefore better profits, long term.

Like in a game of soccer/football, if move the ball up the field too quickly you run out of options and it leaves you very little options keep going and more times than not you lose the ball. Same goes with the game.

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

But what I am saying is that I hope they don't keep getting more and more powerful, as that will ruin the balance of the game. and I am also saying that, with the current standards of the event buildings, settlements is an area that needs a make over to keep them up to date.

And what I am saying is that it is a bridge that has already been crossed. If Event buildings do not become more powerful players will ignore the Events and from the looks of it Events have become a cash cow. Settlements seem to be the past. I do not see any changes coming there.

Like in a game of soccer/football, if move the ball up the field too quickly you run out of options and it leaves you very little options keep going and more times than not you lose the ball. Same goes with the game.

Very bad example. Move it to slow and your opponent is parking the bus.

And what I am saying is that it is a bridge that has already been crossed. If Event buildings do not become more powerful players will ignore the Events and from the looks of it Events have become a cash cow. Settlements seem to be the past. I do not see any changes coming there.

Very bad example. Move it to slow and your opponent is parking the bus.
Definitely not a bad example. Its just a matter of perspective. and yes if you move the ball way to slowly they do park the bus. But the ball is being moved up the pitch wayy too quickly (Buildings in this case) and yes, that line has been crossed. I just hope that the rate of improvement slows down and that these new event buildings don't become outdated as quickly as the last. Trust me I not the only one saying this. But I have said my piece :)

Ghost viper

Private
Sorry to say that L5 is not a big success in my guild although we are active. It is just way too hard for some and negotiations on a single encounter may cost you your daily production.
Things got better with the last event where event buildings have upgraded defence capabailities but L5 is still not as popular.

suethegreat

Captain
With so many events and build levels, then gold levels it is easy to get lost in which event buildings are best to keep when space is always at a premium. There may be comparison sites round (?) but then it depends on eras and levels to compare so a massive spread sheet. In my Future city I have 6M medals but no expansions available. If event builds become more powerful it would be nice to have a crib sheet on what is now not worth the space. How about fragments of expansions? lol.

An Hobad

Private
I'm disappointed that the green boxes icon is back cluttering up our screens, after just a few days of respite. So annoying. Soon we won't be able to see anything on our screens.

Fighter64

Private
I have not played the settlements from when they were released. I was infact shocked to see the rewards being so simple because that much effort for me requires something game-breaking. Settlements are a nice concept when you think about what the game is about (progressing through history) but in my opinion they are only fun when they never take more than a week a complete.

Last edited: