• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

General conversation

vfrmark

Master Corporal
Was that due to the link account to your game account thing? I remember seeing loads of forum accounts being deleted overnight.
Alas i dropped out of of the game for 9 months and was not worried as plenty of diamonds there but alas they deleted my forum account, guessing they sent a mail to my junk inbox, no idea but 7 or 8 year old account wasted :(

Knight of ICE

Alas i dropped out of of the game for 9 months and was not worried as plenty of diamonds there but alas they deleted my forum account, guessing they sent a mail to my junk inbox, no idea but 7 or 8 year old account wasted :(

They did not send a mail to your junk inbox. It is impossible to sent a mail to anybody's junkbox. If a mail ends up there it is not the intention of the sender. It is caused by you or the mail program you use.

Emberguard

Legend
Yeah.... something like that. I suspect the accounts not being linked may have resulted in emails not being sent correctly telling us the acounts are not linked. Not many people seemed to see the email, but we did get the PM sent to our forum inboxes

vfrmark

Master Corporal
Yeah.... something like that. I suspect the accounts not being linked may have resulted in emails not being sent correctly telling us the acounts are not linked. Not many people seemed to see the email, but we did get the PM sent to our forum inboxes
Tend to agree Emberguard, alas I would have liked to keep a few things like the list of followers, think thats the biggee, trying to remember that original mod in year 1 and 2 of the game who still pops in from time to time and was very pushy but fair.

Ice - you have to challenge everything posted - pretty sad use of the forum

DeletedUser

Incident in town : New feature or new bug?
incident error.jpg

If it's a new feature, remove it. I don't like it. Especially if during an event rush quest, this will slow you down.

This has happened for a couple of days, across multiple worlds.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I have had a couple incidents like that too, and from what I can tell, it is because the incident has expired, but the timer still has a couple minutes on it.

I have had a couple incidents like that too, and from what I can tell, it is because the incident has expired, but the timer still has a couple minutes on it.
That sounds buggy. How can the timer have a couple of minutes left after the incident expires? The incident should disappear when the timer runs out.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Where do you see a timer on incidents? I can not find any such timer in my game.
As Klods wrote, I purposely did not state where I have gotten the information, since I am not supposed to mention the name on these forums.
But incidents was the primary reason I got it, as I was getting tired/frustrated of not knowing if there was an incident hidden on a road or not.

Ati2

Legend
FOEhelper or not, when the (hidden) timer runs out the incidents should disappear immediately.
The longer you're logged in, the more the game's internal timer is off. I think 8 hours off was the record for me. The Friends list showed I still have to wait 8 hours before I can aid them. I reloaded the page, and boom, I could aid them immediately.

So, the way they've "fixed" this ghost incident BUG (delay) is by giving us a pop up that says: "Sorry, an error has occurred. The reward is not available anymore"?

Ati2

Legend
not if they are not synchronyzed on purpose
You can measure time in one of two different ways. One: adding a second every 1000 milliseconds to the timer. Two: taking the elapsed time between a given point in the past and the current time. The first method produces terrible results because when the tab is in the background, it isn't always updated, and a one-second delay ends up being two seconds on average. The second method works flawlessly, regardless of the state of the tab. Even without looking at the actual code, you can clearly guess which method is used here.

The longer you're logged in, the more the game's internal timer is off. I think 8 hours off was the record for me. The Friends list showed I still have to wait 8 hours before I can aid them. I reloaded the page, and boom, I could aid them immediately.
Yeah, many things in the game become offset after a while, and a simple reload of the game usually fixes it.

r21r

Major-General
You can measure time in one of two different ways. One: adding a second every 1000 milliseconds to the timer. Two: taking the elapsed time between a given point in the past and the current time. The first method produces terrible results because when the tab is in the background, it isn't always updated, and a one-second delay ends up being two seconds on average. The second method works flawlessly, regardless of the state of the tab. Even without looking at the actual code, you can clearly guess which method is used here.
then the incident should have not be there but only on the timer ?
not a programmer ^^