• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

General conversation

Ati2

Legend
Not so sure about that for me as it takes two fights for every one negotiation and my troops get damaged, Even with auto battle I switch to negotiations in a race. I know I can keep pace in a fight using negotiations, but with fighting I tend to fall behind of the enemy advances. I suspect my negotiating is faster due to them giving two advances
I'm only using autobattle. (Yeah, yeah, lazy... :D) And you even get more points for fighting, so that's another extra in favor of that.

Ati2

Legend
I'm pretty sure for the last 2 rounds any one of us would have won it on their own
I have two options now:

1. Stay and do GbG. This is what I wanted for the past few weeks, but... What advantages does this have? It gives a few more FPs. But even if we get to the diamond league, that extra ... what, maybe 200 FPs a day does not seem to be worth the extra time needed to level all the attack GBs. Especially if I won't be able to do an unlimited number of fights, anyway, as @Emberguard pointed out.

2. Age up. This is what I wanted before GbG came along. What advantages does this have? To be honest, again not much, really... Fights will get more difficult (=disadvantage), so I'll have to level some attack GBs a bit more anyway. Maybe not as high as for option 1. At least I get more points, and can get back into the top 100.

I'm leaning toward option 2 again.

You can age up and still do GbG, they are not mutually exclusive + the increase in guild rank will give you some much needed extra fp from the TH :lol: although I realise that 2 or 3 extra fp a day really makes little difference

Ati2

Legend
You can age up and still do GbG, they are not mutually exclusive + the increase in guild rank will give you some much needed extra fp from the TH :lol: although I realise that 2 or 3 extra fp a day really makes little difference
I can do some GbG. Not hundreds of encounters a day. :D Although, if we all do GbG too seriously, there will be no more encounters left, and I still won't be able to do hundreds a day. Which would mean I wasted months/years on leveling attack GBs. (Not the first time I would waste a lot of time on something stupid in FoE, LOL. :D )

Ati2

Legend
I can't believe you said FoE could be a waste of time!!!

I didn't mean FoE specifically. But I did waste at least half a year in BA, for example, following a strategy that gave me a total of around a thousand FPs. During that half a year. Looking back at that, it was a total waste of time... :)

Ati2

Legend
1000fp in BA is not that bad :D
In half a year? Yes, it is. :D There was absolutely no point in doing that. I should have aged up to IA and started working on my regular strategy. Would have saved half a year and still ended up with the same amount of FPs. Ah well... :D

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
I'm only using autobattle. (Yeah, yeah, lazy... :D) And you even get more points for fighting, so that's another extra in favor of that.

More points? You get the same attrition as Nego but Nego gives 2 advancements and fighting gives one, unless you meant Ranking points of-course :D

heads up, aging up during a GBG means you fight lower age troops through the entire thing. best time to age up now is the start of GBG/GE, just walk through both of them without even trying with higher age units. Gives you time to catch up.

if you do decide to age up that is :D

DeletedUser

im already unlocking Colonial Age expansions on map, no reason to level up especially if you are not in Diamond league with lvl 60+ GB's lol

im already unlocking Colonial Age expansions on map, no reason to level up especially if you are not in Diamond league with lvl 60+ GB's lol
I've run out of room on R, may be forced to level up sooner or later unless I scout the IndA maps, don't really like the idea of that with EMA troops

Ati2

Legend
More points? You get the same attrition as Nego but Nego gives 2 advancements and fighting gives one, unless you meant Ranking points of-course :D
I meant ranking points. I get extra for doing the battles. (I know I get some for using goods, too, but I get those anyway, even if I just donate to the guild, so that's not anything extra.)

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
I did that when I moved to SAM, was a good move not only do you have better troops but it gives a bit of time to learn how to best use them and which ones not to bother with before facing tougher opposition

Yeah exactly :) Loads of time now with how long GBG lasts, get to rock it for 11 days and get tons of free rewards.