• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GE video tutorial (Guild Expedition) with minimal resource loss

dimondus

Captain
hahaha, he obviously cares about troops more than goods :)
Well, when you have 0 military buildings and no Traz in your city there is nothing to care about :)

Overall its a right approach to negotiate that many people surprisingly don't understand. The thing is you win unattached units and rogues from doing GE and its easier to fight at least through level 1 to get bonus ranking points and save some goods. First 8 encounters are very easy and don't require any attack/defense bonuses. As for speed, you can set units speed to 3 and when you know what you are doing its also pretty fast (maybe extra 5 min for first 16 encounters) and you definitely won't get back all goods spent in 5 min.
Also I wonder how you got 10k diamonds? Do you have diamond farms in all other worlds on the server?

Last edited:
Minimal loss?

You negotiate everything!

My strategy is replacing all military buildings with productions buildings to get more goods even after negotiating through all 4 levels. Yes, I pay more to solve it without fighting, but I get +25 goods daily for every additional building.

Not to mention the fact that doing negotiation takes less time than fighting.

Well, when you have 0 military buildings and no Traz in your city there is nothing to care about :)

Overall its a right approach to negotiate that many people surprisingly don't understand. The thing is you win unattached units and rogues from doing GE and its easier to fight at least through level 1 to get bonus ranking points and save some goods. First 8 encounters are very easy and don't require any attack/defense bonuses. As for speed, you can set units speed to 3 and when you know what you are doing its also pretty fast (maybe extra 5 min for first 16 encounters) and you definitely won't get back all goods spent in 5 min.
Also I wonder how you got 10k diamonds? Do you have diamond farms in all other worlds on the server?

You are right about the first level - it's easily doable with fights. But the whole fist level cost like 1 final negotiation round. So I just negotiate through all the GE.

I only play at 16 (R) world. Diamonds are from supporing developers for such a well created game :blush:

Agent327

Overlord
My strategy is replacing all military buildings with productions buildings to get more goods even after negotiating through all 4 levels. Yes, I pay more to solve it without fighting, but I get +25 goods daily for every additional building.

Not to mention the fact that doing negotiation takes less time than fighting.

So?

You get units along the way, don't you? You don't use them, so how can you call this minimal loss?

dimondus

Captain
I only play at 16 (R) world. Diamonds are from supporing developers for such a well created game :blush:
So you should take into account that not everyone is so generous :)
While I also support devs but prefer to spend hard earned diamonds on expansions to get more space for my creativity. Same goes for medals. As long as I'm not capped on medal expansions I won't spend single one on anything else.

So you should take into account that not everyone is so generous :)
While I also support devs but prefer to spend hard earned diamonds on expansions to get more space for my creativity. Same goes for medals. As long as I'm not capped on medal expansions I won't spend single one on anything else.

I used medals only because I wanted to make this video in 1 piece and don't spend too much time on creating it. I don't usually use them in GE.
As for crys - it's a free choice. I love how developers made this game completely free from pay to win. So it's just for getting some additional comfort and being grateful :)

Agent327

Overlord
So?

You get units along the way, don't you? You don't use them, so how can you call this minimal loss?

You call it minimal resource loss. It isn't. I fight through 4 lvls of GE and come out with more units than I went in with and no resources lost at all. That is minimal loss. This is only negotiating in minimal turns.

You call it minimal resource loss. It isn't. I fight through 4 lvls of GE and come out with more units than I went in with and no resources lost at all. That is minimal loss. This is only negotiating in minimal turns.

Well. You are free to make your guide then. Because there is a serious lack out there. And if you will be doing a 60+% attack and defence guide with Traz Rouges - then I bet not a big number of people will need it because people who played that much know the drill :) My guilde is mostly for new players.

You are right with naming though. This should be names "Negotiation in GE with minimal loss"

Agent327

Overlord
Well. You are free to make your guide then. Because there is a serious lack out there. And if you will be doing a 60+% attack and defence guide with Traz Rouges - then I bet not a big number of people will need it because people who played that much know the drill :) My guilde is mostly for new players.

And you figured those new players never played Mastermind as a kid, so there would be a big use for this?

DeletedUser113901

You negociate very well on big encounters , but not on small ones . Better to offer 5 of one resource rather than 4 of one and 1 of another . This lowers the costs of a resource you're trying to keep and the chances that you select wrong resource on last turn when you don't have time to double check .

@bradype can you elaborate please? Lets say you have 5 options at the start of negotiations. Stone, Wood, Iron, Coins and Supplies. Is it better to offer 5 stones 1st round?

1. You have 4 turns. That means you have a chance to waste diamond ins case you test 1 by 1.
2. If you want to test 1 resource it should be gold or supply - they are much cheaper than any other resource.
3. Generally in your case you want to put 1 of each 1 Round. Then gold and supply and only then fill resources.

DeletedUser114342

Thank you Goblin for creating this guide. As a newby, I found it very useful. I realise after watching your tutorial that I don't actually need an Alcatraz and that it is worth it to build the temple of relics :)

DeletedUser113901

@bradype can you elaborate please? Lets say you have 5 options at the start of negotiations. Stone, Wood, Iron, Coins and Supplies. Is it better to offer 5 stones 1st round?
Huh yes just seeing LOL this no 5 options is 1 of each but 2-3-4 options there is no reason to give 4A + 1B; 4B + 1A; 4C + 1D; 4D + 1C like goblin does. It just increases the cost and the chances to fail since offering 1 by 1 with max 4 options can't lead to failure while his way can if you are distracted and keep negociating without watching.