• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: GE league -

Would you like to change a way of matching up guilds in GE to make it more competitive?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser114342

Great you have wrote something like this.
Now why do most guilds dont bother with GE?
Obviously some change is needed.
Now to say something about end of your post.. if we were to compite like that every week, most of those strong guilds that can do 133.3 on hard week could not be able to do it every week. And then league would show which guild truly is the best. My guild has record of 113 gold, 16 silver and 3 bronze medals. And i dont remember when was the last time that we havent won gold. So most of this gold medals were won against guilds that havent had any chance to beat us. Real strenght of guild in GE would be shown if we would be put in same basket with guilds equally eager to win. League would required a bit if thinking and tactic, what matches to play with whole strength, and where you can relax a bit, depending on schedule.

I’m not sure why you say that most guilds don’t have a chance to beat your guild?

At the beginning of each week, all guilds start off in the same position. Your guild does not get any bonuses for coming in the top three the previous weeks.

In a way, your idea rewards those guilds that don’t do much GE over the guilds that do. So if guilds were ranked based on where they came in the previous GE, to start off with, you would get 10 guilds who do over 100% GE competing with each other. That means 7 of those guilds will not get any additional bonuses.
It also works in reverse, you will get 10 guilds who hardly do GE and the top 3, will get a bonus. I don’t think that sounds fair, do you?

Over time, you will still have the same issue as you are describing here. The guilds that are invested in GE will win over the ones that don’t.

Agent327

Overlord
You are missing the point here. It doesnt matter what determan which guilds will compete but quality of that competition. Quality is what i am talking about.
Lets talk football language. If Real Madrid is competing clubs from some bad 2nd leaguue, do you think they would be happy with that? No. They got quality league and championship league. So thats what i am trying to say, strong guilds vs strong guilds makes things more interesthing then current situation.

You are missing the point here and your comparison is rather stupid. Real Madrid is in the top 3 of La Liga every year. If you think they are not happy with that you really do not understand soccer. They will stay in the top 3 forever and nothing can change that.

Now why do most guilds dont bother with GE?
Obviously some change is needed.

Why? Obvious conclusion from that would be that GE has to be replaced, cause Guilds do not like it.

And then league would show which guild truly is the best.

Guild ranking already shows that.

League would required a bit if thinking and tactic, what matches to play with whole strength, and where you can relax a bit, depending on schedule.

You found the flaw in your league and you do not even realize it. If your league is based on similar strength it should not be possible to "relax a bit".

DeletedUser116867

You are missing the point here and your comparison is rather stupid. Real Madrid is in the top 3 of La Liga every year. If you think they are not happy with that you really do not understand soccer. They will stay in the top 3 forever and nothing can change that.

Why? Obvious conclusion from that would be that GE has to be replaced, cause Guilds do not like it.

Guild ranking already shows that.

You found the flaw in your league and you do not even realize it. If your league is based on similar strength it should not be possible to "relax a bit".
Man, o man o man, you are difficult..
Yes, Real iz always in top 3, but to succeed that they gotta work realy HARD. I compared it to show you the diference between them winning championship hard way bay beating Barcelona, Atletico etc.. unlike here were wins comes simply without ANY EFFORT! When i said relax a bit, that should mean its not the same playing against Barcelona or Levante. So in this GE league of 20 would still be harder and easier opponent, but with much strong matches then we are having now. If you think GE is so uninteresting that it should be replaced then i dont see why are you even discusing this.

DeletedUser96901

let's look at soccer
being champion in Spain gives more money than being champion in Andorra
even the last in first league Spain gets more money than the champion of Andorra

so for this idea that would mean:
top leagues must give more rewards on last place than lower league on first place

so losing the top league will still be better than winning a low league

DeletedUser116867

I’m not sure why you say that most guilds don’t have a chance to beat your guild?

At the beginning of each week, all guilds start off in the same position. Your guild does not get any bonuses for coming in the top three the previous weeks.

In a way, your idea rewards those guilds that don’t do much GE over the guilds that do. So if guilds were ranked based on where they came in the previous GE, to start off with, you would get 10 guilds who do over 100% GE competing with each other. That means 7 of those guilds will not get any additional bonuses.
It also works in reverse, you will get 10 guilds who hardly do GE and the top 3, will get a bonus. I don’t think that sounds fair, do you?

Over time, you will still have the same issue as you are describing here. The guilds that are invested in GE will win over the ones that don’t.
Why did i said most guilds cant beat my guild? I showed you the results. Cant remember when someone beat last time.
What do you mean my idea reward guilds that doesnt do much? Its opposite, if you dont try you are going to 2nd league..

DeletedUser116867

let's look at soccer
being champion in Spain gives more money than being champion in Andorra
even the last in first league Spain gets more money than the champion of Andorra

so for this idea that would mean:
top leagues must give more rewards on last place than lower league on first place

so losing the top league will still be better than winning a low league
So you try alway to be and stay in 1st league. Stronger competition, better rewards. Simple.

Agent327

Overlord
Man, o man o man, you are difficult..
Yes, Real iz always in top 3, but to succeed that they gotta work realy HARD. I compared it to show you the diference between them winning championship hard way bay beating Barcelona, Atletico etc.. unlike here were wins comes simply without ANY EFFORT! When i said relax a bit, that should mean its not the same playing against Barcelona or Levante. So in this GE league of 20 would still be harder and easier opponent, but with much strong matches then we are having now. If you think GE is so uninteresting that it should be replaced then i dont see why are you even discusing this.

Only thing they work hard at is buying the best players. Others can not afford that.

So you try alway to be and stay in 1st league. Stronger competition, better rewards. Simple.

Yes, better rewards, so the rich get richer. In the end, it will still be the same that win. Others like say the bottom 10 of the league will never win it and lose interest in it all together. At least now they have a chance to win it once in a while. In your league they never have. That is supposed to make GE more "fun"?

DeletedUser116867

Only thing they work hard at is buying the best players. Others can not afford that.

Yes, better rewards, so the rich get richer. In the end, it will still be the same that win. Others like say the bottom 10 of the league will never win it and lose interest in it all together. At least now they have a chance to win it once in a while. In your league they never have. That is supposed to make GE more "fun"?
When someone says get rich richer.. what do you think why is my guild in the top? Did someone gave us that? Have we bought it? No! Good team effort and hard work get us there and couse of that ut is fair to get some prices. But for me prices are less important, joy of playing is what i am in to. Prices should be better only to encourage others ti try more and win.

DeletedUser116867

And my guild is not even on the top of guild ranking. We are right now in 8th place. And still no one cant beat us in Odhorvar.

Agent327

Overlord
When someone says get rich richer.. what do you think why is my guild in the top? Did someone gave us that? Have we bought it? No! Good team effort and hard work get us there and couse of that ut is fair to get some prices. But for me prices are less important, joy of playing is what i am in to. Prices should be better only to encourage others ti try more and win.

You already get prizes. The only thing you want is better prizes. Saying they are less important is bullcrap. It is what you are after all along. To use your own example, you can make those prizes so good that everybody will want them. Still Levante will never be Champion!

DeletedUser116867

You already get prizes. The only thing you want is better prizes. Saying they are less important is bullcrap. It is what you are after all along. To use your own example, you can make those prizes so good that everybody will want them. Still Levante will never be Champion!
You are so wrong with it. If only prices are important to me then i wouldnt want anything to be changed as this way all gold trophies are ours.
Levante will never be a champion.. would you say that 2015/16 for Leicester city?

DeletedUser116830

With a 60% Support Rate, shouldn’t this be thrown into Popular?

Andrew420

Major
Since this thread is really about someone bragging about their guilds prowess in GE and not about changing GE for the better
I will post my guilds standing
Mine is S.L.A.G on Jaims we have 49 mem. , lvl 50 , rank(not important to us)36
129 gold (soon to be 130) 4 silver and ZERO bronze
The only reason for silver is the guilds reached 133.3% before we did
If we ever come up against YOUR GUILD WE WILL CRUSH YOU
Change the criteria for how opponents are matched up
They will have to change the criteria that determines who wins
Idea is to create a leagues for guilds to compete with similar strength opponents.
What exactly are these "similar strengths" based upon
Global ranking, level of guild,# of lvl 80 arcs,average att/def strength of members, how many finished last seasonal event
There are already leagues in GE they are based on # of guild members
This way works the best because the results are based on completion %
So whoever gets to 133.3% first or has the highest % upon completion wins gold
Lets use lvl for my hypothetical example
This week we are up against 6 lvl 50 guilds all with different # of members
We have 49 members with competition of 55,32,25,15,10,5
If results are based on comp.% the 5 member guild will win every time
They only need 315 encounters for 133.3% and the 55 mem. guild will need 3465 encounters to reach 133.3%
Where is the fairness in that ?

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
I do GE64/48 personally Every Week but never know how the ranking works from the Guild perspective. What is guild "Power"? What "prestige"?

In the above people mentioned "a guild of 70 men" versus "a guild of 20 men" -- now, now, now, wait a minute -- what about "a guild of 20 men of the Iron Ages" versus "a guild of also 20 men of the Virtual Future"??? If they went the same distance, at the same speed, then what? Which guild wins?? -- this also reminds me: besides the "what is guild power" and "what is prestige" questions, also what is "contribution"???

Now we know that I don't know any of these! But still, I have a brilliant addon for the idea: (get ready to hear it)

The reward for the winner of the best league should be: GE Level 5!!!

Agent327

Overlord
You are so wrong with it. If only prices are important to me then i wouldnt want anything to be changed as this way all gold trophies are ours.
Levante will never be a champion.. would you say that 2015/16 for Leicester city?

How are they doing now? Becoming Champions again or struggling against relegation. That was a one off. Same teams are leading the table again. Your league will only make sure that your guild still wins and other guilds have way less chance of winning. Great sportsmanship!

Last edited:

DeletedUser116830

I do GE64/48 personally Every Week but never know how the ranking works from the Guild perspective. What is guild "Power"? What "prestige"?

In the above people mentioned "a guild of 70 men" versus "a guild of 20 men" -- now, now, now, wait a minute -- what about "a guild of 20 men of the Iron Ages" versus "a guild of also 20 men of the Virtual Future"??? If they went the same distance, at the same speed, then what? Which guild wins?? -- this also reminds me: besides the "what is guild power" and "what is prestige" questions, also what is "contribution"???

Now we know that I don't know any of these! But still, I have a brilliant addon for the idea: (get ready to hear it)

The reward for the winner of the best league should be: GE Level 5!!!
GE Lv.5= Already Suggested

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
GE Lv.5= Already Suggested

Yes. I regret.
Level 4 is already a bonus level on top of ordinary levels 1-3.
Same with the idea. Championship is already built on top of "ordinary" GE
(or basic GE; basic means each guild completes their GE separately).
"League" is redundant to Championship just as level 5 is redundant to level 4.
The only difference as suggested by this idea seems to be about "what defines similar strength among guilds?"
For Championship, it is determined by "guild size".
For League, the suggestion is that it should be determined by other factor yet to be further clarified.
Both aim to "Group similar guilds together for competition"

For the OP, although there are 7 guilds in a Championship, the OP can think of it as there are only 2 or 3 guilds competing, and the other 5 or 4 guilds are just there as a "cheering squad". Think it this way, your mind can be set at rest, no?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.