• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GE - Double Battles Unfair

DeletedUser114093

I'm not a happy bunny! Once again [2nd week in a row] that I get stuck on the last gate of level 2. I have just lost 2 armies [16 units in total] with 86% attack and 51% defence bonuses to the computer's 15% attack and defence bonuses - I still say it's not fair that we have to use only 8 units to the computer's 16 during these types of encounters and the only way we might even the odds in the second battle is by using diamonds to heal the injured/dead units.

If the system is allowed 16 units, then the odds should be in the player's favour as well, and I should be allowed to replace injured/dead troops from my reserves and not have to 'pay' to do so.

As for negotiating through the gate, again knowing my luck, I'll be forced to use up some 50 diamonds just to complete it successfully, and I'm not prepared to do that either.

DeletedUser

I agree with you that the two-wave encounters are out of whack. But as Test said, there are standard ways to overcome them. If you want to fight GE, you need rogues, loads of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
I'm not a happy bunny! Once again [2nd week in a row] that I get stuck on the last gate of level 2. I have just lost 2 armies [16 units in total] with 86% attack and 51% defence bonuses to the computer's 15% attack and defence bonuses - I still say it's not fair that we have to use only 8 units to the computer's 16 during these types of encounters and the only way we might even the odds in the second battle is by using diamonds to heal the injured/dead units.

If the system is allowed 16 units, then the odds should be in the player's favour as well, and I should be allowed to replace injured/dead troops from my reserves and not have to 'pay' to do so.

As for negotiating through the gate, again knowing my luck, I'll be forced to use up some 50 diamonds just to complete it successfully, and I'm not prepared to do that either.

Stop using autobattle and learn to fight.

But as Test said, there are standard ways to overcome them. If you want to fight GE, you needs rogues, loads of them.

No you don't. You can fight through 4 levels without using a single rogue.

DeletedUser6065

Tome -
The '2 Wave Attack' was introduced into Forge before either GvG or GEx.
It started on the Campaign Map, - and oh mercy me - you shoudda been here to hear the howls then.
In short - it's here. Yes, once you adapt it is O.K.
But, I would like to gently point out that you may need to change your battle tactics.
Take a little more time with your GEx, think about them, and then think about your attack.
Before the battle begins, you already 'see' them.
Many get successfully though Level 4, and we don't use diamonds - ever (did I say 'we'?).
And we don't bribe.
Finally, as much as I hate to agree with ToiletSeatProtector327, if you use 'AutoBattle', you may want to wait.
Get to a position where you can't lose, then hit it.
With 86%/51% vs. 15%/15% you should be victorious
Finally, NEVER NEVER use diamonds for healing. Suck it up. Wait for the next attempt allowance.
. . . . . mk

DeletedUser113470

Negotiating is 90% skill, 10% luck. Assuming you buy an extra turn from the tavern, and you have the goods, you should be able to negotiate a turn without spending diamonds 90+% of the time. And never buy more than 1 turn with diamonds. Give up and try again if you aren't certain to win.
Of course, if you don't have the goods...well, that's a different problem.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
What is your age? With goods + the Tavern boost it is extremely easy to complete the entire GE without even fighting once and with no diamonds spent in basically any age within a very short time.

Without easily beating with goods, your age makes a large difference in the fights. Using Troops that can attack back from range when they get attacked, for example, allows you to use less bonuses then you have to beat 100% bonuses with little to no losses, as long as you go the One troop + Seven rogue strat. Or better yet, use Helicopters to beat Artillery.

At lower ages it is harder. I'm in the INA myself so I use a Jaeger + 7 rogue strat for almost every single fight, and lose nothing all the way to the end of round 3, (my bonuses are around 60%) and then just goods my way through 4, unless I have a large stockpile of troops from alc to burn.

Galladhorn

Monarch
Negotiation does not need to cost a huge amount of Diamonds for the late level 3 into the level 4.
First of all you need to activate the Extra Turn in the Tavern.

You need to play with the excluding method.
Lets say in Level 4 the Negotiation has 10 Goods.

1st round – do the first 5 goods.
2nd Round – do the 5 next Goods – regardless if some of the first goods where right in the 1st round.
3rd Round – You now know what goods are in play – now you just need to find the right spots.
That is in most cases a logical exclusion as well - many times with 1 unknown remaining.
4th round should have a very good chance for success – But yes it can not be 100% guaranteed adn it would also been extremely boring that way.

– In my experience when you are forced to use some Diamonds you usually also win some Diamonds.
– Several stages of level 4 has almost mandatory Diamond wins.

Fighting is Skill that needs to be learned and every Era has different Units that are more favorable than others.
You must ask the best fighters in your guild or on your Friend list how they do it.

1 to (2) Units + Rogues are the most common way to go in GE (already mentioned several times above)
– and as said above the "AI" priorite Rogees first in GE.

Also in some Eras and in some difficulty levels (+stats) – the players must start in manual mode and keep the real Unit(s) back so that the Rogues will advance forward and thereby securing your real units for the next round. So for the first round move the real unit(s) to the top or buttom of the map, in some cases do the same for 2nd around - Then Press the Autofinish battle.

You will soon learn what works and what does not work – also you will get a good hint to which GB you should direct your FPs to make the fighting better.

_______

It is not to be expected that very new and/or low ranked players can finish level 4 easily or even fight all the way to end level 3. unless they have a real good flair for fighting and/or figuring out how the "AI" works. That is why there is an option for negoatiation in GE – If you do not have the stats or the skills then use Negotiation for the rest of the level. When your stats or Era is fitting, you can expand how many levels you can fight it.

DeletedUser113470

That is why there is an option for negoatiation in GE – If you do not have the stats or the skills then use Negotiation for the rest of the level. When your stats or Era is fitting, you can expand how many levels you can fight it.
I guess I play this game bass ackwards. Negotiation is my preferred method of doing GE. Fighting is an option I use only if I might not have the goods to negotiate 4 levels. Fighting bores the crud out of me. Negotiation I enjoy. My goal is alway to reduce the number of levels I have to fight, not expand it.

DeletedUser114093

Negotiating is 90% skill, 10% luck. Assuming you buy an extra turn from the tavern, and you have the goods, you should be able to negotiate a turn without spending diamonds 90+% of the time. And never buy more than 1 turn with diamonds. Give up and try again if you aren't certain to win.
Of course, if you don't have the goods...well, that's a different problem.
I do have the goods coco87, but the tavern bonus is good for only 4 tries. When there are 9 options and the first 4 fail, then you could end up having to go through the remaining 5 options using 10 diamonds a pop!

DeletedUser114093

Negotiation does not need to cost a huge amount of Diamonds for the late level 3 into the level 4.
First of all you need to activate the Extra Turn in the Tavern.

You need to play with the excluding method.
Lets say in Level 4 the Negotiation has 10 Goods.

1st round – do the first 5 goods.
2nd Round – do the 5 next Goods – regardless if some of the first goods where right in the 1st round.
3rd Round – You now know what goods are in play – now you just need to find the right spots.
That is in most cases a logical exclusion as well - many times with 1 unknown remaining.
4th round should have a very good chance for success – But yes it can not be 100% guaranteed adn it would also been extremely boring that way.

– In my experience when you are forced to use some Diamonds you usually also win some Diamonds.
– Several stages of level 4 has almost mandatory Diamond wins.

Fighting is Skill that needs to be learned and every Era has different Units that are more favorable than others.
You must ask the best fighters in your guild or on your Friend list how they do it.

1 to (2) Units + Rogues are the most common way to go in GE (already mentioned several times above)
– and as said above the "AI" priorite Rogees first in GE.

Also in some Eras and in some difficulty levels (+stats) – the players must start in manual mode and keep the real Unit(s) back so that the Rogues will advance forward and thereby securing your real units for the next round. So for the first round move the real unit(s) to the top or buttom of the map, in some cases do the same for 2nd around - Then Press the Autofinish battle.

You will soon learn what works and what does not work – also you will get a good hint to which GB you should direct your FPs to make the fighting better.

_______

It is not to be expected that very new and/or low ranked players can finish level 4 easily or even fight all the way to end level 3. unless they have a real good flair for fighting and/or figuring out how the "AI" works. That is why there is an option for negoatiation in GE – If you do not have the stats or the skills then use Negotiation for the rest of the level. When your stats or Era is fitting, you can expand how many levels you can fight it.
Galladhorn, I can't seem to get out from the last gate at level 2, let alone getting into levels 3 and 4.

DeletedUser114093

What is your age? With goods + the Tavern boost it is extremely easy to complete the entire GE without even fighting once and with no diamonds spent in basically any age within a very short time.

Without easily beating with goods, your age makes a large difference in the fights. Using Troops that can attack back from range when they get attacked, for example, allows you to use less bonuses then you have to beat 100% bonuses with little to no losses, as long as you go the One troop + Seven rogue strat. Or better yet, use Helicopters to beat Artillery.

At lower ages it is harder. I'm in the INA myself so I use a Jaeger + 7 rogue strat for almost every single fight, and lose nothing all the way to the end of round 3, (my bonuses are around 60%) and then just goods my way through 4, unless I have a large stockpile of troops from alc to burn.
I'm in Industrial Age for three of the worlds I play in [Griefental, Korch, and Langendorn], and Colonial Era in Mount Killmore. The main problem I'm having is in the Industrial Age.

DeletedUser114093

I guess I play this game bass ackwards. Negotiation is my preferred method of doing GE. Fighting is an option I use only if I might not have the goods to negotiate 4 levels. Fighting bores the crud out of me. Negotiation I enjoy. My goal is alway to reduce the number of levels I have to fight, not expand it.
I suppose I still have a lot to learn to get through with negotiations. I've seen the YouTube tutorials and they make it look so simple - until I give it a go and manage to fail badly at it :(

DeletedUser114093

you should use the 1 normal unit + 7 rogues strategy

then the unfairness is on attacker side because the stupid AI goes for rogues first
I gave your advice a go - 1 Jaeger and 7 Rogues and guess what..... you got it: I was slaughtered again :lol: