• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GbG vs GvG

Could someone more experienced explain which one is best for the guild and what is the best way to manage the guild treasury to cater for both? Thanks

Knight of ICE

Best for the guild depends on the guild. There is only one way to manage the guild treasury and that is to make sure you have enough goods.

Emberguard

Legend
"best" would depend on what you wish to achieve.

We can tell you X is best. But if your Guild has zero interest in it, or find the activity detracts from their enjoyment of the game then can it really be called best for that Guild?

Hypothetically if you're looking to min-max on resources spent for resources gained, then it depends on whether you're looking for individual rewards or just levelling up the Guild

Purely levelling up the Guild you'd want to only put enough effort into Guild Battlegrounds to stay at 1,000 LP at all times. Then put the remaining resources in Guild V Guild

If your priority is purely individual rewards, then put as much effort as possible into Guild Battlegrounds and only do Guild V Guild if you find it enjoyable

Shad23

Emperor
Purely levelling up the Guild you'd want to only put enough effort into Guild Battlegrounds to stay at 1,000 LP at all times. Then put the remaining resources in Guild V Guild
then why does GVG give more ranking points then GBG ?
in my opinion GVG if well played gives more to guild for lvling up the guild lvl

Shad23

Emperor
For the most part it doesn’t. You can, but it takes a lot more work to reach that point than most Guilds will put in
i fight alone in GVG 99% of the time and i can get my guild in top 10 if i put enough effort imagine what i could do with a team

i can get my guild in top 10

Shad, do you mean the guilds global ranking or guilds level?
My main concern is that if many guild members did GvG the guilds treasury would be quickly exhausted of goods.
The formulas for understanding are somewhat complex involving guild power and guild prestige that can be obtained in several ways.
I note that currently on langendorm that there is a solo single player level 64 guild already in the top 10!
Perhaps it boils down to is what you like doing and feeling that we are all somehow progressing as a guild.

Shad23

Emperor
rankings have an influence over time on level cause of prestige if we'd have more warriors like me in Langandorn and the others would do like me by using market to get goods necesary to dominate GVG treasury would stay prity much stable

Thanks for all your helpful responses, it's great to know FOE has many different strategies and ways to play.
I am beggining to think that as GbG is limited to 1000LP then the only way to go beyond your current guilds prestige or rank while retaining your current guild level is by obtaining and holding GvG sectors.
Can anyone shed some light or explain the strategy on how a one man alone guild can rank in the top10 on server? Is this what INNO intended?

Last edited:

weeeben

Private
GVG wouuld have to be the most unfriendly aspect of this game.
Most don't understand it and it seems if your guild tries to play it, your overwhelmed by the guilds already at play.
What is the point of GVG?
Our guild took one spot and all our sectors where taken over in minutes by retaliation.
They where shocked we took a spot of theirs.
It's the reason my current current world will be my last, this is so lop-sided it's ridiculous, our guild just wants to have fun and GVG is not fun at all.
Totally changed my view on the game overall.
BTW, I've spend thousands in various worlds, not happy Jan.

Guild rank is based on prestige. You get prestige from GBG, GvG and guild level.
The highest prestige you can get without GvG is 20500.

18000 from GBG (18x 1000 LP (Diamond))
+ 2500 from guild level (25x lvl 100)

If you want to go higher than 20500 prestige, you need to hold GvG sectors. The power from the sectors you hold are added to the prestige.

However, "best for the guild" as you ask about, Xeon, doesn't necessarily mean high guild rank or participation in GBG or GvG..

Last edited:
Guild rank is based on prestige. You get prestige from GBG, GvG and guild level.
The highest prestige you can get without GvG is 20500.

18000 from GBG (18x 1000 LP (Diamond))
+ 2500 from guild level (25x lvl 100)

If you want to go higher than 20500 prestige, you need to hold GvG sectors. The power from the sectors you hold are added to the prestige.

However, "best for the guild" as you ask about, Xeon, doesn't necessarily mean high guild rank or participation in GBG or GvG..
Let me add to this that you don't need to be a lvl 100 guild in Diamond GBG to get a high guild rank. You can do it by holding a lot of GvG sectors.
Not easy though. The most valuable GvG sectors give 192 power. If you don't do any GBG, you need to hold 94 of those 192 power sectors to equalize the 18000 prestige you can get from Diamond GBG. Good luck with that :-)

Last edited:

weeeben

Private
Yeah been playing for years but GVG is a totally different ball game to GBG.
There's no explanation in game on what to do and guilds already playing seem to corner the market.
It should of been wiped from this game as planned, it's just for a few guilds that know how to play it, i'm out.