• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: GBG matching

what do you think?

• this might be a good idea

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • it would not change anything

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

Karoleva

Private
Proposal:
i would suggest changing guild matching in GBG by players amount in the guild

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
i saw a lot suggestions for GBG, but didn't see such

Reason:
smaller guilds can't compete with huge guilds equally. imagine basketball team playing 5 vs 2 or football team playing 11 vs 3. wait... they play 11 vs 11? how crazy is that :)

Details:
i would suggest match guilds like that: guilds with players amount 1-20; 21-40; 41-60; 61-80, or if not enough guilds, at least guilds who have 1-40, 41-80 players would be matched together. that means, guilds with 10-20 players avoids guilds with 60-80 players.

Visual Aids:
-

Balance:
i think competition would be more fair than it is now, because 20 players just can't defeat 80.

Abuse Prevention:
no abuse that i can think of.

Summary: this would really fix the inequality problem and would make the competition fair

Last edited:
Bad idea and proposed many times in different threads.
Guilds with 5-10 engaged top players can be just as strong as guilds with 80 players.
A guild with 20 strong top players can easily beat a guild with 20 mediocre or weak players.

Last edited:

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
There should have been an option 3 "this might be a bad idea".
Exactly as Klods refers to above - small guilds can be mighty and do much more than a big guild - not all big guilds are focused on GbG - some are just relaxing where only a few of the players are active, and the majority of players are primarily concentrating on building their city, or other aspects of the game. Not everyone plays, or enjoys the GbG aspect of this game. So yes, option 3 "bad idea" (because option 1, it is not a good idea, and option 2 - it would change and penalize larger, more relaxed guilds - so it would change it for the worse for some)

Overlord Dex

Master Corporal
There might be the possibility that no idea, no matter how crazy sounding or brilliantly thought out is going to work well enough to give every Guild the chance they feel it deserves!

As the first 3 replies have said...

However, if you're really looking to get improvement in GBG fairness, other factors might have more of a chance.

One could for example look at 'resource spending' as a factor in matching GBG leagues; guilds who spent tens of thousands of goods building SC in the previous season could be (more frequently/likely) matched together, so that guilds with generally lower -activity- levels are spared the checkerboarding that is currently very often confining them to the very outer ring.

Even if it causes guilds to reduce the mount of SC they build over the entire 11 day period, that should at least give other guilds a slightly better chance to 'break in towards the centre' and get involved.

Karoleva

Private
Bad idea and proposed many times in different threads.
Guilds with 5-10 engaged top players can be just as strong as guilds with 80 players.
A guild with 20 strong top players can easily beat a guild with 20 mediocre or weak players.
no. totally disagree. 90% of guilds has similar activity. if we are 25 players guild, usually 2-5 members are online. 5-6 are active and strong in GBG, 15 are medium, 5 are not playing. do the math? 80 players guild usually will have 10-20 online and probably ~25 strong GBG players. how can 5 defeat 20? they can't. but its okey, you're probably from 60+ member guild and this decision would not favor you. it favors smaller ones, because almost everytime we're in 1000lp, all the sectors around us is locked. people log in into the game, and they can't even do some negs or fights, because sectors around is always locked by 2 or more 60+ member guilds it's insane it's getting ridiculous and definately need some chages.
There should have been an option 3 "this might be a bad idea".
Exactly as Klods refers to above - small guilds can be mighty and do much more than a big guild - not all big guilds are focused on GbG - some are just relaxing where only a few of the players are active, and the majority of players are primarily concentrating on building their city, or other aspects of the game. Not everyone plays, or enjoys the GbG aspect of this game. So yes, option 3 "bad idea" (because option 1, it is not a good idea, and option 2 - it would change and penalize larger, more relaxed guilds - so it would change it for the worse for some)
so that would be great for them, because they would stay in lower league than diamond if they do not play enough, but they would get matched with the same size and activity guilds. i'm also a member of similar not so active guild with 80 players and its always like this: in platinum we're 1st, so we move to 1000lp diamond and then, we're last and again in platinum with 825lp. but it's not only about the league it's about EQUAL competition

Last edited:

Karoleva

Private
It's not beyond the wit of Man to devise a better matching algorism. How about the total number of encounters from the last GBG season?
this might also be an option. for example this season we will have ~4-5k encounters. last time we had~12k. how much do strongest guilds usually have? i don't know, probably only developers could see the situation. but one thing i know for sure, 20 players guild can't get matched with 5 top 60+ member guilds and always get crushed and constantly be surrounded with locked sectors.