• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GBG match ups are not random and they are ruining the game

KronikPillow

Sergeant
The way to solve it would be to make a top league called iridium or something where the top guilds in each world compete in a knockout competition to be the top guild in the game with awards and prizes etc. It would give a real challenge to the top guilds that you can't get in your own world and make the top level a little bit more than just farming. The problem with the current competition is its just the same every week there is no eventual "winner" so all you are playing for is what you can win from as many battles as possible etc.
To make it a world versus world competition you could allow any four "top" level guilds from a world to join together and fight four guilds from other worlds, so it could become a true world versus world competition. (i would say the top four guilds from a world join together but they usually hate each other lol so that would not work, better to let them choose).
The first option would just be a blood bath but the second option would require teamwork and strategy which would make it more interesting and the bragging rights to say its the top world!

this was already suggested several times, a GBG Champions League that is cross server, Inno claims they can't afford Cross-server, lmao, wonder what they did with the 1 bil they made in 7 years ... they also claim it's hard to do, still, creating such a league, doesn't solve the fact that MMR is broken and flawed, and that the other leagues would pretty much be the same as they are right now, and hell, even the challenger league would still be sorted by LP and Guild ID, which is flawed

take your own advise and ignore me you seem to reply a lot with your own sanctimonious clap trap
its players like you that i do laugh at with your mini moans, with all the trouble in the world you lose sleep over such stupid issues,
Wow, you clearly have no idea mate. When GbG was first launched it was clearly random, that much I know. A few months back something changed and we battled the same guilds over and over. That took the fun out of it. My guild hasnt lost 1 round in 10 months now. WE DO NOT USE IT AS A FARMING EXERCISE. Some guilds may do. If we wanted to farm then we wouldn't be on the forum complaining about an issue, we would just be farming. That's not what we are complaining about. Look at the perspective of other players and not just as a small portion. This game was launched on mobile devices so guilds that are created only to play on mobile devices have valid reasons for their complaints / issues. I'm not out for calling players derogatory names to get my point across, it's immature and unnecessary. Everyone that plays this game deserves respect as it's not like any game I've ever played.

The point is GbG match making is not working like it was, RANDOM. That's it. Let's hope Inno has fixed this with their rollout in beta, fingers crossed.

KronikPillow

Sergeant
who cares if its random or not ? the game sucks, the only moaners are those who dont like facing big teams so they can not get there greedy hands on all the loot, so you want to fix it they make sure you dont face the same teams ?
no i only hear those greedy moaners who feel they are missing out. i mean can you imagne the annoyance if your used to 5k fights or more and all the fps that will bring and you end up in a hood where your lucky to make 1k fights or a lot less ? of course there going to moan because there so dam greedy. which seems to the whole point to gbg these days, lets feed players greed
you hate it why ? because your players are greedy and want to have more and more fights is all your moaning about, so my thinking is spot on, its all about greed, you would only be happy if your in a hood that ever 4 hours you guys can swap with each other, making more and of course freezing out the not so strong lol well its the best part about the game in my eyes is seeing so called top guilds playing on a map that they get hardly any movement on. brightens my day no end
take your own advise and ignore me you seem to reply a lot with your own sanctimonious clap trap
its players like you that i do laugh at with your mini moans, with all the trouble in the world you lose sleep over such stupid issues,

this guy has no clue what he's talking about seriously, do you think that to Lords of War GBG is about farming? if it was, Greinfetal would start farming way sooner then it did, on Greinfetal it was 27 seasons of constant heavy war, 2v2, 2v3, 2v4,2v5, 1v2, 1v3,1v4 ... small guilds didn't get to play, not because big guilds are greedy and want to farm more, it's because we wanted to crush each other and win, it was war and war was fun, then the Guild ID hidden update that inno did in secret without telling us started, and GBG got so boring that we naturally switched to farming, as the only guilds that could fight us in a proper GBG war never got matched with us, we were stuck with the same 10 guilds over and over again for full 10 months ... you need to chill out and stop behaving like you know everything, as obviously your clueless and make a lot of assumption, if you think that farming is fun to any of us, then your way out of your league, and shouldn't even comment further, as your defeated... sorry to break your illusion about "greed" and "wanting to farm" but GBG is not about farming to the majority of big guilds as it's uninteresting, GBG is about farming only to the small guilds, as their developlement and players growth depends on it

Last edited:

KronikPillow

Sergeant
regardless, its Guild Battlegrounds not Farming grounds ... Inno games should recognize that a league system on servers where there are 20-30 active guilds, out of which 10 max belong in diamond, cant function, and that in such servers, there can't really be 59 diamond league guilds on a server ... its utterly ridicilous and absolutely has no purpose or sense, even in "random by LP" solution you will still get guilds, who will depend on the big guilds mercy, or will have to compete to drop out of the league, by not playing for full 11 days, stagnating their growth and potential for development, GBG in its 1 server form, is utterly pointless, it would possibly be able to work if there were only 5 total servers per world, and then the servers would be big (so a possible server merger might solve the problem and increase # of active guilds on each server) but still, cross server is the only way to go, to make this really viable, Lords of War wants to fight Hostile Take Over on cross server ... why can't we do that? what is the purpose of 5 leagues then? and the whole LP system?

The only way to go is cross-server, buy a dedicated server only for GBG, its doable, it's certanly not impossible, and Inno has the funds to do it, what are we talking about? why cant we fight RU US and other servers? and have something in common, where we could compete against each other and really see who is #1?

then the 5 league system would be able to exist, and have some logic and each guild would be able to belong to their leagues, as there'd be many guilds in each league, and it would be viable competitive solution, plus a solution for growth of the smaller leagues towards the higher tier and the higher tier as well would be satisfied trough created competition opportunities,, and monetization would be huge as a end result with motivated and happy customers further investing in the growth of the game while investing to compete to be the best of the best? a real overall feature?? what are we paying diamonsd for? the farm till we bore to quitting the game? seriously? don't other guilds want to challenge LoW? Apocalypse? D R A G O N S The Chosen Ones Vice Versa Templars and other EN Top 10 overall guilds ? or US top 10 overall guilds? or RU Top 10 overall Guilds? a Champions league? dedicated server? think about it Inno, lots of diamonds in it for you

Last edited:

KronikPillow

Sergeant
seriously? what are we talking about here? there it is Inno, solution written above, free tip, just do it and make the game better by doing it, you will earn millions

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
The simple fact is most players don't want to be online all the time and don't want to sacrifice the time and effort it takes to be a highly competitive GBG guild. I know I want nothing to do with it.

The simple fact is most players don't want to be online all the time and don't want to sacrifice the time and effort it takes to be a highly competitive GBG guild. I know I want nothing to do with it.
You don't need to be online all the time to be a competitive GBG guild. Just need a lot of strong guild members who can take shifts.

KronikPillow

Sergeant
You don't need to be online all the time to be a competitive GBG guild. Just need a lot of strong guild members who can take shifts.

in other words, you need to be online 24/7 .. we have a strong guild that can take shifts, still feels like more then a real life job, a real life job is 8h a day, GBG is 24h a day

in other words, you need to be online 24/7 .. we have a strong guild that can take shifts, still feels like more then a real life job, a real life job is 8h a day, GBG is 24h a day
Well, 80 guilds members should be able to cover 24h without making it a full time job. Not many guilds have 80 active GBG attackers, of course, if any at all.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
this guy has no clue what he's talking about seriously, do you think that to Lords of War GBG is about farming? if it was, Greinfetal would start farming way sooner then it did, on Greinfetal it was 27 seasons of constant heavy war, 2v2, 2v3, 2v4,2v5, 1v2, 1v3,1v4 ... small guilds didn't get to play, not because big guilds are greedy and want to farm more, it's because we wanted to crush each other and win, it was war and war was fun, then the Guild ID hidden update that inno did in secret without telling us started, and GBG got so boring that we naturally switched to farming, as the only guilds that could fight us in a proper GBG war never got matched with us, we were stuck with the same 10 guilds over and over again for full 10 months ... you need to chill out and stop behaving like you know everything, as obviously your clueless and make a lot of assumption, if you think that farming is fun to any of us, then your way out of your league, and shouldn't even comment further, as your defeated... sorry to break your illusion about "greed" and "wanting to farm" but GBG is not about farming to the majority of big guilds as it's uninteresting, GBG is about farming only to the small guilds, as their developlement and players growth depends on it
yes i know nothing after almost 9 years of playing this game, you are correct, its all in my mind that the big guilds farm the maps, how silly of me or that the greed of players is the motive, i must be dreaming when i see playing screaming for zero attr so they can farm away, but lets hear you comment as you seem to be the person who thinks only what you agree with is suitable for posting

There are so many complains about this broken, unfair GBG. Only a hand full of reward farmers are enjoying this system.
It is nice to see how much Inno is paying attention to our talk in Forum. ZERO
Do not waste your time posting anything here.
Boycott GBG until there is a fair and fun system in place which does not exclude 60% or more of the community for the benefit of a few guilds

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
There are so many complains about this broken, unfair GBG. Only a hand full of reward farmers are enjoying this system.
It is nice to see how much Inno is paying attention to our talk in Forum. ZERO
Do not waste your time posting anything here.
Boycott GBG until there is a fair and fun system in place which does not exclude 60% or more of the community for the benefit of a few guilds
No reason to boycott. Good way to achieve a bunch of FPs as well as some diamonds and a few other things - but the FP gains is reason enough to continue playing, if for no other reason.

r21r

Major-General
in my world, once again, the strong guilds are divided into 3 groups, mixed with weaker guilds so they dont have to fight for anything, just pin the weaker than inno brought on their map, and keep farming.
last time i remember myself in a real battleground, apparted from ~7 serious guilds, not only i used diamonds for siege camps, but i also used diamonds for traps and fortresses.
there is no way inno is getting more profit with the current "match up" system, unless they are getting money for other reasons, not for finishing the siege camps. that i can not know, but i can take some educated guess from the 25y my memory keeps data =)
if anything, for us who want to play other than "farm" forge points, would make us really happy to compete a bit.
the unbalance from freefarm without actual enemies, is huge on the game (cities making 20k guild power per day from the statues - bids of 100k and 150k for a CMS on older worlds and many more)
you do not even have to get a serious attack boost if you have an idea of the game, to farm 1.000 and 2.000 FP's per day..
for sure some will throw a stockpile of money to get attack, but it is not nessesary, with the higher era troops you can get, you can farm day and night if you have rogues in stock.
put all the big guilds into 1-2-3 diamond maps, and close the gates for the weak to Diamond, it is only creating huge unbalance, and making the effort even of those who spent money , seem like nothing.
if a city with 2.000 Attack cannot do more fights than me because i got hovers in PME or so, how you think that player feels about the thousands of euros he spent in the game ?
i'd invest money on the game, but with the huge unbalance that exists , i will say to whom is taking such decisions "everything is perfect - keep going" , it is not, there are very big issues impo

Cuthwolf

Captain
It's very rare to see traps where I play (Diamond league in Mount Killmore). Most sessions there is an agreement between all guilds for -
1) no deleting siege camps
2) no defensive buildings
3) no taking a 'front lawn' (some guilds don't like this one)

Perhaps seeking a cooperative approach for the benefit of all is a good way for you to go.

r21r

Major-General
cuthwolf, when you have 50years old against 20 and 30 years old, guess what happens.
they can build not traps and fortresses, but not "enforce" everyone else not play like this because they cannot play like this..
thats another story anyway, mixing young people with old, isn't always good, the older ones have more experience and their oppinion will win in the end, but this is a game , if those people chose not to play it, but only farm farm farm endless forge points, maybe it is time for them to leave and not for us who wanna play it.
all top10 guilds allied with agreements in my main world, not to attack each other on GvG, not to play GBG but only farm, not to sell goods cheap, whats next ?
are we serious ? looks more like the local mafia that runs the clubs in my town, than a game lol.

wheres the fun ?
they dont have the goods for war ? let them go to platinum, not us who wanna play.
x1.000 inactive guilds, can you imagine all the diamond maps being farmed by 3 fighters on each one ?
they called RQ's and exploit, then what is GBG ? everyone cristiano ronaldo ? all teams barcelonas ?
it is a game OR a "stupid" game ?

Forwandert

Major-General
3) no taking a 'front lawn' (some guilds don't like this one)

They're only fun if you're into reading people whine when someone uses up attrition with a couple of attacks on a HQ sector and makes it sound like you broke into their house and stole their tv.

Remove the Siege Camps - Good GbG Competition & Fun is being destroyed by these items. I'm sure that it was not intended that these buildings would be used in the way that has become the norm, but it's not too late to rectify this situation.

Last edited: