• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GBG IS BROKEN

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
There's only 1 more sector on the new map.
61 on the new map, 60 on the old map.
But vastly more sectors surrounding each so it was even easier to get free attrition. 2 guilds had the map locked down in under 30 minutes, and not just the center but all the way to the 5th ring. It's too soon to say for sure but it certainly looks like this made the farming issue worse and did nothing to help the competition aspect or stop guilds from getting locked into their HQ (as the entire board was locked down faster than on the other map.)

But vastly more sectors surrounding each so it was even easier to get free attrition. 2 guilds had the map locked down in under 30 minutes, and not just the center but all the way to the 5th ring. It's too soon to say for sure but it certainly looks like this made the farming issue worse and did nothing to help the competition aspect or stop guilds from getting locked into their HQ (as the entire board was locked down faster than on the other map.)
We don't really know if the intention of the new map was to limit sector swaps and farming and create a more fair competition.
But it seems like they have cut down on building slots, maybe to even out the amount of camps you can build around a sector now that you can attack a sector from more sides.
It's probably not going to work. Exploiters always find a way.

Last edited:

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Same GbG different day, no big improvement really, still a farming ground for big guilds and us little guilds get an extra sector next to HQ which is nice :?

I wonder why ranking of guild's doesn't determine who is in each season. It makes sense to me that 1-8 battle each other then 9-16 and 17-24 etc. This way all the guild's are more evenly matched and there is room for advancement strictly based on final ranking.
I'm new to the forums and this may have been addressed but logic tells me this is the most balanced formula.

Vesiger

Monarch
I think it's because ranking of guilds isn't based on GBG results only -- guilds gain points in other ways. The GBG matchup, on the other hand, is based purely on prior GBG performance, which in theory would seem the most logical way of doing it.

I gather that a lot of the trouble with GBG matchup has been attributed to capping the ranking system at 1000 points: in other words, every time a guild reaches 1000 points, it finds itself matched with guilds that might theoretically have hundreds of thousands of victory points if they had been continuing to get counted. I assume the logic behind this is that Inno didn't want to create an infinite progression of 'leagues' of increasing difficulty (and if they had, that would presumably have brought with it balance issues of its own?) and chose to program a hard limit, with the result that the longer GBG goes on, the more guilds progress to jostle together unequally at the top.

I think it's because ranking of guilds isn't based on GBG results only -- guilds gain points in other ways. The GBG matchup, on the other hand, is based purely on prior GBG performance, which in theory would seem the most logical way of doing it.

I gather that a lot of the trouble with GBG matchup has been attributed to capping the ranking system at 1000 points: in other words, every time a guild reaches 1000 points, it finds itself matched with guilds that might theoretically have hundreds of thousands of victory points if they had been continuing to get counted. I assume the logic behind this is that Inno didn't want to create an infinite progression of 'leagues' of increasing difficulty (and if they had, that would presumably have brought with it balance issues of its own?) and chose to program a hard limit, with the result that the longer GBG goes on, the more guilds progress to jostle together unequally at the top.

Your assessment seems accurate enough to me, but I think, instead of an infinite progression of higher leagues, the 1k cap could be made to work better if the top leagues penalised poor performance harder. (And I say this while on my top 2 active worlds I am in a guild that stands to lose most from the following suggestion, as I play in guilds that bounce between platinum, <1k diamond, and =1k diamond league.

If there were greater point deductions for the bottom ranks, e.g. in 7th place you'd lose just enough points to end up all the way down in Gold league and 8th place would be well into Gold league range (and maybe only able to promote back to Platinum if you won the Gold league, say? or otherwise spend 2 seasons in gold league in order to promote again), I would think that might 1) encourage guilds to try and achieve 6th place to avoid demoting 2 leagues in one go, 2) add a bit of activity to the gold league, and 3) add a bit more variation to the guilds and activity levels you face across gold, platinum and diamond leagues..

As someone who started a new guild twice in the span of a year, I can tell you the first 2 months of GBG are just plain pointless. There is no activity whatsoever in bronze - gold league and only once platinum is reached do you reach a point where more than 2 guilds do anything at all.

What a great game design.
We are placed in corner with no opportunity to build a SC.
Nominate Inno's dev and designers for an award. They deserve that
What a fun game to play. Well done Innogames

dimondus

Captain
I'm not a GBG coordinator or even a guild leader but is it so hard to just COMMUNICATE with other top guilds and explain that sector swapping is mutually beneficial?
Of course if it takes 2 days for your guild to clear sector then none will negotiate with you but then again why your guild even trying to be competitive with such low activity?

Teaming up and farming is not the idea of the game.
Teaming up is EXACTLY the idea behind any multiplayer game. The "farming" term can be used to other aspects: you farm BPs, clearing GE lvl 4 every week for TF upgrades, building WW farms in other worlds, etc. Every activity is farming the difference is in enjoyment of the process.

that is how coordination and teaming up should look like! (insert epic handshake meme)

Last edited: