• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GBG IS BROKEN

r21r

Major-General
I spend a lot of diamonds on GBG. But I never buy any. So I'm not supporting Inno's "monetizing". Some players do though, of course. But that's just fine. No revenue, no game.
from "no revenue" to "1b net worth" but "we couldn't find a way to match GBG differently" or "cross-world gbg is not <<easy>>" there is a huge gap.
java is not nuclear science, nor quantum physics, friends of mine during their college time had private servers developed by their own by just being scholars.
not demanding anything, nor saying "do not pay to punish them" , i will contribute what i think i have to contribute for the people answering my tickets and for my fun, but setting "limits" is not what "innovation" stands for.
i never learnt to read music, but i wrote songs and for free, for 1 million i could write better.
inno with 200m revenue, numbers are assumed ofc, can't invest 1-2-5-10 for a decent code ?
let it as is, maybe the majority likes how it is, thats something i could understand, "impossible" i can't understand in 2021

PS

Went on beta forum a coupe days ago, see if anything new is on the way , and saw a comment saying they wont be changing anything on the matching part anytime soon.
Yesterday, i logged on another forum , and i saw another comment from a player, saying that after the match up was asked as question on the facebook, the answer was something like "we are looking on that, everyone is aware of the issue".

does it matter if i feel frustrated on forum, or on facebook ... ? bcs feeding the baby, will keep it crying no matter where it is..
when an issue comes from players, it should be made clear upwards otherwise i don't really see who is the actual baby.
and not blaming anyone again, it's really hard to find feedback within the forums with so much spam and many other things i might not know, but when something is obvious, it's wrong to make people think that, they should be feeling frustrated on FB rather than Forum, because in the end, it's not about feedback, it's about adverstisment isn't it ?
it's a game or a marketing trick ? a trick and a game ? or a game with marketing trick ... ?
not judging anyone again, i call it "city simulator" with very simple game mechanics, more a simulator, than a game
friendly - unfriendly ? helpfull or not ? maybe a plus for some, irrelevant for me

Last edited:

sidders6

Private
Well here we go; our tribe has just made it to Diamond League as of next season. As I said in one of my previous messages we were lucky to have made it to Gold League, let alone Platinum. The matching system clearly works, at least in part, on V Points accrued; it doesn't seem to take any notice of things like combat support GB levels, something which I believe is very relevant and that could be done within an SQL query, which have a massive impact for Fighters.
So I will be engaging with the support of my Level 11 Arctic Orangery and Level 2 Kraken against those that have Level 80 GB's. To quote a saying from one of my simple friends "There's something wrong here".

KronikPillow

Sergeant
League predictions for 27.05.21

R i s i n g F i s tDiamond100023812A
The HawksDiamond100021735A
FRIENDSDiamond100021502A
WONDERLANDDiamond100021130A
SubZeroDiamond100020732A
TAKING OVERDiamond100018323A
SentinelsDiamond100016717A
Jԑsтԑᴙs ƦԑvøʟтDiamond100016501B
Diamond ExilesDiamond100016418B
Rebel HorizonsDiamond100015995B
Scythian GriffinsDiamond100014803B
The Immortal PhoenixDiamond100012645B
存在 EXOSTENCE 存在Diamond100012251B
ApocalypseDiamond100010007B
Prometheus RisingDiamond10009605C
MordorDiamond10007949C
TRADING GUILDDiamond10007754C
DRAGON HUNTERSDiamond10007737C
FIREBIRDDiamond10007690C
! NO MERCY !Diamond10007656C
Insane UniversityDiamond10007238C
The CL Lion'sDiamond10003701D
Lion's RequiemDiamond10002834D
GENESISDiamond10001816D
Lords of WarDiamond10001370D
Lords of War IIDiamond10001021D
No Name YetDiamond97524202D
Friendly FireDiamond97522657D
TEAM GBDiamond97518592E
Marauder AssassinsDiamond97513335E
The Lion's KnightsDiamond9759887E
Ninja SquirrelsDiamond9758347E
The Silver SwordsDiamond9755540E
Pirates of TimeDiamond97220866E
DharmakshetraDiamond95511175E
ExileDiamond95014363F
|~The Builders~| GDiamond95013828F
Faulty TowersDiamond95010795F
FINIKASDiamond93824576F
FreeGuildDiamond93818373F
Dawn on IsandlwanaDiamond92524498F
Pride of FreedomDiamond92522004F
KhalasarDiamond92517670G
Immortals RemainDiamond9257766G
Vesikuura (EST)Diamond9255484G
D'Haran EmpireDiamond92586G
aid & tradeDiamond90913818G
Red PhoenixDiamond9068605G
ANDROMEDADiamond905739G

Last edited:

Vesiger

Monarch
Well here we go; our tribe has just made it to Diamond League as of next season. As I said in one of my previous messages we were lucky to have made it to Gold League, let alone Platinum. The matching system clearly works, at least in part, on V Points accrued; it doesn't seem to take any notice of things like combat support GB levels, something which I believe is very relevant and that could be done within an SQL query, which have a massive impact for Fighters.
So I will be engaging with the support of my Level 11 Arctic Orangery and Level 2 Kraken against those that have Level 80 GB's. To quote a saying from one of my simple friends "There's something wrong here".
I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with the idea that players with a level 2 Kraken can end up in battles with players with a level 80 Kraken, if the former can win as many victories as the latter. The problem seems to be that the 1000LP cap means that all active guilds eventually end up in the same league irrespective of their total number of victories.

KronikPillow

Sergeant
I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with the idea that players with a level 2 Kraken can end up in battles with players with a level 80 Kraken, if the former can win as many victories as the latter. The problem seems to be that the 1000LP cap means that all active guilds eventually end up in the same league irrespective of their total number of victories.

that is only the tip of the iceberg of the real problem, the real problem is that the 1000 LP guilds are sorted by Guild ID in descending order, and then by LP in descending order, Guild ID is a number in the game's code that is assigned to the guild when it's created, hence guilds are being matched against each other based on Guild age, not based on their LP or ability to fight, because of it, you keep seeing the same oponenets over and over again and are running in circles, there are 49 diamond guilds on Greinfetal, we are being matched with the sad 8-10 that belong to our Guild ID range and haven't seen any real competition for 10+ months... even if the LP cap was higher, it wouldn't change much really in terms of proper match-making, because of the Guild ID shenanigans that they repeatedly keep refusing to admit that exists as a problem, yet guilds on every server succesfully predict league matchings based on exactly that settings ... take all the diamond guilds in your server, put them in a spreadsheet, look up their Guild ID on foestats (it will be the number at the end of their guild profile link on foestats) ... then sort by Guild ID in descending order, and then by LP in descending order ... make sure you place all diamond guilds in the spreadsheet, and there you go, your Server diamond league matchings for next season

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
there is no doubt about it gbg certainly benefits a few at the cost of the many. wish they could have an opt out button like they did in the pvp game they brought in as once players started to opt out in there droves, guess what happend ?
the game devs took action quicker than you can say dirty underpants,
so maybe if players really want some action to be taken over gbg in terms of it being fair, then its down to each guild to just stop playing it, just leave the few guilds who can form teams to dominate to play the game on there own, that is the only way inno will take any notice and speed up some real action

KronikPillow

Sergeant
but finally they have acknowledged it todays update from beta

• Match up in Guild Battleground within the same league will be random rather than on guild id

yes, finally they acknowledge it, still, this doesn't change the fact that Inno games is on a downwards spirall of losing their players trust by doing things like this, I remember GBG being exactly how they are changing it to be now, random by LP, they are basically changing it back to how it was before season 28, and they never announced the update and change to Guild ID, they did it in secret, it wasn't in any change log, then they denied that it is by Guild ID for months and months, until awareness was completely spread about it, and denying it was no longer possible, I don't trust them anymore, and I wonder how can anyone trust a company that pushes experimental features to the game without adding them to the change log and then pull them back once people start seeing trough the change?

wasn't exactly the random sorting by LP that got us in this mess in the first place? people weren't happy with sorting randomly by LP either, as the real problem is not sorting, the real problem is the fact that you have 5 leagues across a total of 1000 LP, while

Place8 Guilds7 Guilds6 Guilds5 Guilds
1st+175 LP+150 LP+125 LP+100 LP
2nd+125 LP+100 LP+75 LP+50 LP
3rd+75 LP+50 LP+25 LP0 LP

and the fact that even a small guild with a few players, can easily climb to diamond? the solution they are changing back to isn;t solving the problem, but is definitely offering more diversity ... they should acknowledge that the gap in LP between the leagues is not big enough, or they should acknowledge that if 1000 LP is the cap, that winning of LP should be cut down by a 100% to make it actually a viable solution, so that in diamond you would really have only diamond league capable guilds, and in platinum only platinum league capable guilds, instead in this "new" actually old solution, you will still have 49-50-60 diamond league guilds on each server, "diamond league guilds" who aren't able to conquer 1-2 sectors the entire season, unless the real diamond guilds give them room to play and show them mercy and understanding, does Inno even realize that these small guilds who are falsely placed in to diamond league, are actually competing to drop out of diamond and stay out of diamond, as they get to farm more in Platinum and Gold league because in Platinum and Gold there are no guilds like LoW, Apocalypse, Insane University, GENESIS, Hostile Take Over, or similar, who can keep them boxed in their base for full 11 days? diamond is not the goal for 90% of the guilds out there ...

changes needed ...
increase gap between Leagues or decrease LP gaining by a 100%
make GBG cross-server, otherwise the leagues are completely pointless, as even in the above suggested change real diamond guilds would end up fighting the same guilds over and over again, as other guilds won't be able to stay in diamond by not being able to match them
why is cross-server such a big issue? do they not have the $$ to make it possible? bandwith in 2021? there are 1 TBit internet connections for as cheap as 50$ a month in some countries now

Last edited:
yes, finally they acknowledge it, still, this doesn't change the fact that Inno games is on a downwards spirall of losing their players trust by doing things like this, I remember GBG being exactly how they are changing it to be now, random by LP, they are basically changing it back to how it was before season 28, and they never announced the update and change to Guild ID, they did it in secret, it wasn't in any change log, then they denied that it is by Guild ID for months and months, until awareness was completely spread about it, and denying it was no longer possible, I don't trust them anymore, and I wonder how can anyone trust a company that pushes experimental features to the game without adding them to the change log and then pull them back once people start seeing trough the change?

wasn't exactly the random sorting by LP that got us in this mess in the first place? people weren't happy with sorting randomly by LP either, as the real problem is not sorting, the real problem is the fact that you have 5 leagues across a total of 1000 LP, while

Place8 Guilds7 Guilds6 Guilds5 Guilds
1st+175 LP+150 LP+125 LP+100 LP
2nd+125 LP+100 LP+75 LP+50 LP
3rd+75 LP+50 LP+25 LP0 LP

and the fact that even a small guild with a few players, can easily climb to diamond? the solution they are changing back to isn;t solving the problem, but is definitely offering more diversity ... they should acknowledge that the gap in LP between the leagues is not big enough, or they should acknowledge that if 1000 LP is the cap, that winning of LP should be cut down by a 100% to make it actually a viable solution, so that in diamond you would really have only diamond league capable guilds, and in platinum only platinum league capable guilds, instead in this "new" actually old solution, you will still have 49-50-60 diamond league guilds on each server, "diamond league guilds" who aren't able to conquer 1-2 sectors the entire season, unless the real diamond guilds give them room to play and show them mercy and understanding, does Inno even realize that these small guilds who are falsely placed in to diamond league, are actually competing to drop out of diamond and stay out of diamond, as they get to farm more in Platinum and Gold league because in Platinum and Gold there are no guilds like LoW, Apocalypse, Insane University, GENESIS, Hostile Take Over, or similar, who can keep them boxed in their base for full 11 days? diamond is not the goal for 90% of the guilds out there ...

changes needed ...
make GBG cross-server, otherwise the leagues are completely pointless, as even in the above suggested change real diamond guilds would end up fighting the same guilds over and over again, as other guilds won't be able to stay in diamond by not being able to match them
why is cross-server such a big issue? do they not have the $$ to make it possible? bandwith in 2021? there are 1 TBit internet connections for as cheap as 50$ a month in some countries now

Trustworthiness - LOL - good luck with getting the truth - you have to catch them - then - MAYBE? - they admit it.

But, don't hold your breath!

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer

It would solve the problem only partially. Yes, it is stupid when you see 3-man guilds in diamond. But just removing them won't make matches more fun. There should be some counterweight to farming and currently there isn't. Except when people hate each other to the point of no return, but that's rare cases.
Also GBG is "the winner takes it all", and that just adds to the problem.

why is cross-server such a big issue? do they not have the $$ to make it possible? bandwith in 2021?

It's almost never bandwidth, it's latency. And/or data consistency, those usually come hand in hand. The difference between local and network requests is immense. Maybe a dedicated server for GBG would solve the problem, but I imagine it will be a severe architectural change. And they might just think it will not increase revenue, or at least not enough to justify several man*years of development.

KronikPillow

Sergeant
It would solve the problem only partially. Yes, it is stupid when you see 3-man guilds in diamond. But just removing them won't make matches more fun. There should be some counterweight to farming and currently there isn't. Except when people hate each other to the point of no return, but that's rare cases.
Also GBG is "the winner takes it all", and that just adds to the problem.

hate to the point of no return? EN7 Greinfetal had high point of hate towards Lords of War, it was at a point of no return till season 28, after season 28 even that point of no return found a return point, and all of a sudden, mortal enemies started playing nice in GBG and working together with LoW, as that's how pointless GBG is in it's current and even previous/future upcoming form (LP but random, with guilds who belong in Bronze League) ... apart from that it's pretty much the same thing i said :)

It's almost never bandwidth, it's latency. And/or data consistency, those usually come hand in hand. The difference between local and network requests is immense. Maybe a dedicated server for GBG would solve the problem, but I imagine it will be a severe architectural change. And they might just think it will not increase revenue, or at least not enough to justify several man*years of development.

yeah with the amount of money they earned in 8 years on the market, you'd expect that things like this wouldn't / shouldn't be a issue ... but hey ... Inno only sees things trough greed greed greed, and according to the webinars that i watched in #inno-data on FoElite discord and their official documentation regarding analytics, they seem to not care about the end game player at all, they see and look only at data that is relevant to up to 6 months old players, and how to milk them for cash, if those numbers are satisfying the end game player doesn't matter at all, which means that the game in it's core is flawed by design, as it's inviting you to come and play a long term game, invest years of playing and years of money in to it, just so that you would learn that you as a player don't matter to Inno anymore once you reach a certain point in development stage of your city ... it's ... sad really :-/

GvG for example is the best competitive aspect of the game, it's barier to entry is high, hence it is tailored to the end game players, but they seem to have completely 0 interest to fix the 3 well known bugs of GvG, and to find a way to monetize it to stimulate it's further development and growth, their official stance is GvG won't recieve further development, and the bugs will be fixed if they will be fixed when they get fixed... unlike GBG where the barier to entry is low and is in theory tailored towards "new players ease of growth" which also in reality isn't true, as big guilds are not allowing small guilds to play the game by boxing them in their bases, and these small guilds are actually forced to compete who will drop down to platinum faster, so that they would actually get to play, while in diamond they spend 11 days per season sitting in the corner ... while in reality all they need to do to stimulate further GvG development is find ways to monetize it and earn some $$ from it, which isn't so hard in reality, but their belief is that GvG is a unpopular feature with a small % of players, while in reality i see a growing trend of guilds abandoning GBG and switching to GvG, as GvG is actually fun compared to GBG

From what I see, GBG has (mostly) turned into a reward farm. It's not about gaining the best positions. Guilds drop down in league on purpose to get easier battles and thus more rewards. Guild members of weaker guilds leave their guilds to join stronger guilds where they have a better chance to farm more rewards. Not many GBG fighters care about GBG position or guild rank. They just want the goodies. They complain to guild leaders, if there are no goodies to get and suggest the guild drops down to a lower position to get easier access to rewards next season.
I completely agree though, that the (new) ID algorithm sucks big time. Not much fun in being matched with almost the same guilds every season.
Again, this isn't the reason why my guild fights in GbG. Yes, the rewards are amazing but my guild are a fully focused GbG guild as majority of us are mobile devices players. We like the competition. Maybe this makes us a very limited amount of players that are asking for a fair matchup not for farming purposes. Fingers crossed it's been fixed.

It is a joke that you are matched against the same guilds 5 seasons in a row. Inno is doing a great job of taking the fun out of this by pairing a guild with 25 members against guilds with 70+ members over and over again.
Well Done
Any high school student can design a better game

sidders6

Private
Well as expected our tribe are clearly the little fish in a big pond. From the onset two tribes have clearly demonstrated total superiority over everyone else. I did the now customary bit of espionage by looking at the GB levels of the three lead members of our main opposition and sure enough, all of them have combat related GB's at levels that make us look like we come from a Stone Age tribe. The result! One member of our negotiator's has given up on GbG and moved to GE saying what is the point in having your teeth kicked in. I sympathise with him but being a fighter feel the need to keep fighting, if only to hold one sector.