• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GBG IS BROKEN

Vesiger

Monarch
Can you show me the quote?
I've looked, but I can't find it - sorry. It was in one of the multiple other threads on GBG around the start of May; possibly one of the 'off-topic' comments on update threads that got deleted :(

Not really. Most(?) GBG fighters just want to farm rewards as easy and cheap as possible.
Well, you can call it a challenge, of course, to get as many low attrition battles as possible.
I can certainly say it's not the case in my world. My guild hasn't lost a round in over 9 months. I know for a fact there are several guilds wanting to compete with us since Jan this year when the algorithm was changed. Do I make an insane amount of rewards, yes, but not because I'm farming. We take everything thats open without prejudice. Based on several messages I've seen it seems to be the similar case for all top ranked guilds who just wants different competition. This is like we having the same guilds competing in GE round after round. The fun is being taken away, and by taking the fun away, you're ultimately going to lose interest. Not many I know that play wants to keep doing the same thing over and over. Just my thoughts of course, but it's nice to hear different perspectives. I just hope something changes.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I can certainly say it's not the case in my world. My guild hasn't lost a round in over 9 months. I know for a fact there are several guilds wanting to compete with us since Jan this year when the algorithm was changed. Do I make an insane amount of rewards, yes, but not because I'm farming. We take everything thats open without prejudice. Based on several messages I've seen it seems to be the similar case for all top ranked guilds who just wants different competition. This is like we having the same guilds competing in GE round after round. The fun is being taken away, and by taking the fun away, you're ultimately going to lose interest. Not many I know that play wants to keep doing the same thing over and over. Just my thoughts of course, but it's nice to hear different perspectives. I just hope something changes.
As I have bolded above - obviously you have not heard the loud minority whining and crying about the RQ limitation. That is a group that figures not only is the sky falling, but that the game is going to die because they cannot 'keep doing the same thing over and over and over'
LOL

From what I see, GBG has (mostly) turned into a reward farm. It's not about gaining the best positions. Guilds drop down in league on purpose to get easier battles and thus more rewards. Guild members of weaker guilds leave their guilds to join stronger guilds where they have a better chance to farm more rewards. Not many GBG fighters care about GBG position or guild rank. They just want the goodies. They complain to guild leaders, if there are no goodies to get and suggest the guild drops down to a lower position to get easier access to rewards next season.
I completely agree though, that the (new) ID algorithm sucks big time. Not much fun in being matched with almost the same guilds every season.

Last edited:

SVJohn

Private
en3 (Сirgard) prediction was made on May 10:

rank (10 May)idnameLP
Group A3925373palladium1000
4323969high honour1000
3022866mighty minions1000
2722720InternationalTrouble1000
3821646Let's Have Fun!1000
3721633exodus1000
2521386siege1000
2921188the walking dead1000
Group B3420842Board of Trade1000
confirmed3520384Fairy Tale1000
1820139e pluribus unum1000
3619054english knights1000
2819007woohoo1000
117389Vice Versa1000
3116151Trade Masters1000
514636Fair Traders1000
Group C3214419army crusherz1000
confirmed3313010✯ N W Horizons ✯1000
212507Awesome Avengers1000
1211844The fyrd1000
811829Doomsday knights1000
119675Burts Zoylanders1000
228411the pack1000
138027The Academy1000
Group D37901Predators GR1000
216247advancedBloodLine1000
75962The Eagle Empire1000
45781United Friends1000
105225TPS1000
153384Spartan Army1000
16970Illuminati1000
24130Winterfell1000

Group E2024941thunderclap975
confirmed1921095Kashyyyk975
4518073InternationalForgers975
1417665elite squad975
910726Arrowheads975
429406the keltoi975
262897equinox975
4819665harper hall963
Group F5019043THE pagans963
4119828Knights&Princesses950
1714534trusted traders950
4913839Knights of Serenity950
448623lost souls950
5523450Bloodlust938
4022682the everlasting925
5721982The Syndicate925
Group G5821530Sunshine925
5217019white star925
5614399|~The Builders~| C925
612705Drunk Monkeys925
5412280Omega rising925
473729forge on !925
6118951Dragon Chasers916
6212506Black hand914

Last edited:

KronikPillow

Sergeant
no really, what it takes for Inno to fix MMR Match making? the leagues are broken and get assigned by LP then by Guild ID in descending order, on Greinfetal we have 3 guilds in total that can have a proper fight with Lords of War, and we haven't had 2 out of those 3 guilds for 9 months in the same season, we are considering to completely stop playing GBG and to definetily stop spending diamonds on GBG until this changes, it's really ridicilous, we are constantly stuck with guilds that have 950 935 LP, and with 1000 LP guilds who don't even have 20% of LoW's fighting/farming power

I am calling you all to stop spending Diamonds on GBG, as long as we are spending Diamonds on GBG, Inno won't fix anything related to GBG, as in their head, GBG is not broken because your spending tons of diamonds on it

Last edited:

sidders6

Private
I'm pretty sure the dominating guild appreciates that you're trying hard to fight back. It gives them somewhere to farm rewards. :D
We see it more as a matter of honour; like that rallying cry in Independence Day "We will not go quietly in to the night. We will not vanish without a fight" Even if it means fighting to the end for one sector, that's what our tribe is all about.

There is too wide of range of guild capability in GbG matchups. In the current matchup in Cirgard's diamond league, you have two guilds -- light blue Drunk Monkeys and dark blue Forge On, who could dominate everyone else on their own. To make matters worse, they have made an alliance and just trade sectors back and forth while preventing other guilds from owning sectors that they could put siege camps on. Take a look at the picture to see the current situation. they say they are doing it to "maximize their rewards." Well, duh -- by doing it the way they are doing it they make it boring for everyone else. in effect, you are making GbG boring. There needs to be a smarter algorithm for matching up guilds for GbG. The competing guilds should be more equal in capability -- numbers of players, total (or average) level of players...Then the GbG game would be based upon who puts the best effort forward. It would be less boring.

In order to punish them for this selfish behavior, I have to resort to taxing them. That is, plundering any of the members who happen to be in my hood. Yet, because so many players whined about being plundered -- because they didn't protect themselves from it -- you made the Gelato Hut GB to help them (and thus take away some of the fun for those of us who set up as pirates). It's kind of like when hockey refs don't make the right call and the players have to bat up the other guy to make sure bad stuff doesn't happen. (So it is game designers fault, and the game designers are taking away the players' enforcement mechanisms.)

Your GbG algorithm and your Gelato Hut GB (for the whiners who don't want to protect themselves or face consequences of bad behavior) make the game NOT fun.

eeyore

Corporal
I think the Guild Battle Ground seems to work ok, have no issues. However, the GvG map (Australia?) is not really good (this might be another thread?): Very pointless fighting there: Don't understand it. But GBG works fine for me (our guild), as does the GE.
My only observation re GBG would be that the jump from silver to gold is pretty tough and we constantly go up, then down again for that not enough players join in (but I suppose that is purely a guild internal issue).

What's broken?

Seems fine to me, have done some fights and negotiations (for space carrier chances) taken a sector or 2 and built some buildings.

One world the map had been overrun but a much faster and stronger guild

Everything seems to be working fine
What's broken?

Seems fine to me, have done some fights and negotiations (for space carrier chances) taken a sector or 2 and built some buildings.

One world the map had been overrun but a much faster and stronger guild

Everything seems to be working fine
Placing guilds on ID numbers when they should be matched on your capabilities. There's no middle ground. If you finish middle of the table, it's Groundhog day again.

KronikPillow

Sergeant
I think the Guild Battle Ground seems to work ok, have no issues. However, the GvG map (Australia?) is not really good (this might be another thread?): Very pointless fighting there: Don't understand it. But GBG works fine for me (our guild), as does the GE.
My only observation re GBG would be that the jump from silver to gold is pretty tough and we constantly go up, then down again for that not enough players join in (but I suppose that is purely a guild internal issue).

I think you obviously haven't paid attention to the fact that for the past 9 months or so, guilds are matched based on LP then guild ID sorted in descending order and that Inno keeps denying this, but there is undeniable proof going all around, you can actually 100% accurately predict the league matchups for each season, and because of the guild ID schenanigans, you are always matched with the same 8-10 guilds, and you are never matched with other 1000 LP guilds, for example, Lords of War haven't seen Apocalypse in GBG since season 27, that was 9 months ago! and Apocalypse is probably the only guild that can actually take us on ... GBG is a diamond scam by Inno, and is definitely not okay, the match making used to be way better before, you could actually fight proper guilds that are in pair with you, now you can't, as you will be always sorted by LP then guild ID ...

KronikPillow

Sergeant
From what I see, GBG has (mostly) turned into a reward farm. It's not about gaining the best positions. Guilds drop down in league on purpose to get easier battles and thus more rewards. Guild members of weaker guilds leave their guilds to join stronger guilds where they have a better chance to farm more rewards. Not many GBG fighters care about GBG position or guild rank. They just want the goodies. They complain to guild leaders, if there are no goodies to get and suggest the guild drops down to a lower position to get easier access to rewards next season.
I completely agree though, that the (new) ID algorithm sucks big time. Not much fun in being matched with almost the same guilds every season.
yes that's exactly correct, because GBG in it's core is a complete failure, and we as players are even a bigger failure for actually spending diamonds and allowing Inno to montize a failed broken feature of the game ... GBG should have been about competing and fighting, it should have been about war, but for some reason Inno has kept ignoring feedback that 24h a day, 11 out of 14 days with only a 3 day break in between, and shields dropping every 4h is to much, and naturally, players stopped caring about fighting and winning in GBG, and only started caring about farming the rewards and nothing else ... Still, the biggest failure in GBG is us, the players, because we are continously funding a broken feature and filling Inno's money, and we all know that Inno only sees things trough monetization, and are looking for ways to monetize their features in the game, hell, that's what even the PvP arena is about, about monetizing PvP and earning cash from PvP, as they can't monetize PvP in it's current form... what we as a community, and FoE players should do, to make Inno listen, is completely stop spending diamonds on GBG

Cuthwolf

Captain
I really like GBG; I now find the 3 day break dull. I spend diamonds on siege camps but think I get around the same number back from thousands of fights there.

yes that's exactly correct, because GBG in it's core is a complete failure, and we as players are even a bigger failure for actually spending diamonds and allowing Inno to montize a failed broken feature of the game ... GBG should have been about competing and fighting, it should have been about war, but for some reason Inno has kept ignoring feedback that 24h a day, 11 out of 14 days with only a 3 day break in between, and shields dropping every 4h is to much, and naturally, players stopped caring about fighting and winning in GBG, and only started caring about farming the rewards and nothing else ... Still, the biggest failure in GBG is us, the players, because we are continously funding a broken feature and filling Inno's money, and we all know that Inno only sees things trough monetization, and are looking for ways to monetize their features in the game, hell, that's what even the PvP arena is about, about monetizing PvP and earning cash from PvP, as they can't monetize PvP in it's current form... what we as a community, and FoE players should do, to make Inno listen, is completely stop spending diamonds on GBG
I spend a lot of diamonds on GBG. But I never buy any. So I'm not supporting Inno's "monetizing". Some players do though, of course. But that's just fine. No revenue, no game.