• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GBG IS BROKEN

Knight of ICE

i really wish INNO would change this matchup algorithm, numerous players will quit if this goes on, and i myself too also will quit this game, im not playing this game to be bullied for months

I was wondering why it took so long for this argument to come up. Numerous players did quit because of the new PvP tower. Numerous players did quit because of the RQ delay. Numerous players did quit because of the 2000 abort limit. With all that, it is amazing there are still players in this game at all.

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer
I was wondering why it took so long for this argument to come up.

I think deep inside you already know the answer. Because current matchup algorithm is just a bad idea, most people don't need any other arguments except statistics and common sense.

As for other "quit reasons" you've mentioned, they speak about Inno decision makers' immaturity. Which should raise some red flag on its own, but it's something that can (at least theoretically) be argued with. I haven't heard a single argument in favour of GBG matchup algo. That counts for something, right?

Vesiger

Monarch
As for other "quit reasons" you've mentioned, they speak about Inno decision makers' immaturity
I assumed that the point being made was that people threaten that there will be a mass exodus every time something happens that they don't like, and yet no mass exodus is ever actually apparent...

In the case of GBG, I think that what is much more likely to happen is that people will decide not to bother, because farming the same sectors with the same guilds every round is about as interesting as aborting thousands of repeating quests a day (the quote I found particularly telling was the suggestion that lesser guilds should aspire to being permitted to farm by a bigger guild in the top league - what sort of ambition is that supposed to be?)

Knight of ICE

As for other "quit reasons" you've mentioned, they speak about Inno decision makers' immaturity. Which should raise some red flag on its own, but it's something that can (at least theoretically) be argued with. I haven't heard a single argument in favour of GBG matchup algo. That counts for something, right?

Sure it does. My point is that if you keep making the same threat on everything you do not like, over and over again, should you really expect to be still taken serious?

I assumed that the point being made was that people threaten that there will be a mass exodus every time something happens that they don't like, and yet no mass exodus is ever actually apparent...

It was.

r21r

Major-General

In the case of GBG, I think that what is much more likely to happen is that people will decide not to bother, because farming the same sectors with the same guilds every round is about as interesting as aborting thousands of repeating quests a day (the quote I found particularly telling was the suggestion that lesser guilds should aspire to being permitted to farm by a bigger guild in the top league - what sort of ambition is that supposed to be?)
many players left noarsil while i was there, not saying that "we will leave" should make noise, on the other hand though, if not a long time happy player, then whats the best advertisment? up to them ofc.

as for farming, i personaly got very bored of it, i might jump in a guild from time to time to have some but the real problem impo is that, it is a strategy game right ? then whats the point if everyone can have an 100lvl guild, can farm more FP's than cities produce etc etc.

the 1st 12 seasons we tryharded on noarsil, there was a purpose and every little something we achieved, gave us fun and personal achievment feeling.
i doubt that spirit exists anymore

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
I was wondering why it took so long for this argument to come up. Numerous players did quit because of the new PvP tower. Numerous players did quit because of the RQ delay. Numerous players did quit because of the 2000 abort limit. With all that, it is amazing there are still players in this game at all.
why it took so long? we didnt knew the gbg was controllled by this new algorithm, until we were matched with same guild 6 seasons IN A ROW, 3 MONTHS
just imagine, what it would be llike if the guild you hate most and bully always with youu
you seem like take this case not seriously LMAO

and in addition, if this algorithm conntinues, i bet now guilds will maniupulate gbg seasons to be in with guild they want or want to bully

RegV

Corporal
My point is that if you keep making the same threat on everything you do not like, over and over again, should you really expect to be still taken serious?
And every time Inno does something that pisses people off enough that they threaten to quit, you make this very same argument. Should you really be expected to be taken seriously?

@Emberguard : Has this issue been escalated? Replies from you I take seriously.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I think deep inside you already know the answer. Because current matchup algorithm is just a bad idea, most people don't need any other arguments except statistics and common sense.

Well, if you take Lorien's (sorry if I have mis-spelled) example, you will see a guild that has 2 homes, Project Phoenix (aka PP) and Project Phoenix 2 (aka PP2) - most certainly these 2 (which are basically one) are more than happy with the current GbG matchup, as it allows them to control the map basically every single round. Another strong guild known as Kamikazee Penguins, on their own, could be a match for either PP or PP2, but with these 2 nearly always together, the Penguins also get dominated. So, by taking this ID type algorithm and create 2 (or more guilds) and build them both up, then they should theoretically be able to control the entire GbG every single time. And if you look at the guild members, you will see what are undoubtedly duplicate accounts (against TOS of course), allowing them to participate in both of these twinned guilds.
So, from this point of view, very favorable matchups. And those players with duplicate members in the other guild, will stay unchallenged by Inno, thereby creating yet another method and reason why it is difficult to believe that anyone is going to create any meaningful change - or at least enforce the supposed rules.

Emberguard

Legend
@Emberguard : Has this issue been escalated? Replies from you I take seriously.
While I appreciate the thought, that's something you'll need to ask the current EN team. As this is the EN and I'm no longer moderating for the EN I am unable to confirm those details for you here

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
why it took so long? we didnt knew the gbg was controllled by this new algorithm, until we were matched with same guild 6 seasons IN A ROW, 3 MONTHS
just imagine, what it would be llike if the guild you hate most and bully always with youu
you seem like take this case not seriously LMAO

and in addition, if this algorithm conntinues, i bet now guilds will maniupulate gbg seasons to be in with guild they want or want to bully
normally i just laugh at peoples moans about the game but the point you make about being in the same map with the same guild for 3 MONTHS !!! and there able to keep you out of it does it seems to be a valid complaint,
i didnt know guilds would be placed together repeatly for so long ? there is one answer make sure you lose points so you can move down ? and get away from the guild that you say can bully you ?

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
normally i just laugh at peoples moans about the game but the point you make about being in the same map with the same guild for 3 MONTHS !!! and there able to keep you out of it does it seems to be a valid complaint,
i didnt know guilds would be placed together repeatly for so long ? there is one answer make sure you lose points so you can move down ? and get away from the guild that you say can bully you ?
seems like you don't know the CB...
there were always 2 CB ing guilds with my guild, HR(hell raisers) and A41 CB, or NR1000 and A41 CB, and thats why i call bullying

and seriously? you mean to leave the team? and it would be betraying my guildies and i'm loyal to my guild.
i see your a one minded, selfish flamer here, well just stop quoting me unless you say a meaningful word

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
you called me a flamer in an other thread ? maybe its your who enjoys to flame or control the actions of others ? cry babies springs to mind
your attacking players on their messages, and i clearly see no one is happy with your flaming, and seems like you enjoy it, sigh......i guess you like to be a troll in games lol