• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GBG IS BROKEN

fiura

Private
can confirm what Ariana and Manuel said above. Predictions lists for for GBG matchup in EN3 Cirgard (above) were circulated days before current season started and they are all correct. The change of algorithm must have started sometime earlier this year. We noticed the match were less randomised for about 5 seasons (or more) and the predictions explain it all.

The pro and anti farming factions will always exist in GBG discussion but the new algorithm sucks what fun we could have left playing the game. Inno fix this, at least revert the matching algorithm back to we what we had last year.

r21r

Major-General
I assume it's new. We've been complaining about the lousy matchmaking for a long time, so maybe this is their new way of testing a new algorithm. Sorting it by guild ID that goes back to when the guilds were cerated doesn't make it much better though.
people (from what i can recall at least - everything is on GBG thread) used to complain about "unfair" matching.
the actual "flaw" is that when i make a brand new guild, ill be placed with guilds that 90% won't score a single fight on the map, BUT, i will get rewards (+LP SoH Fragments Guild Power) like i actually "won" them.
That thing will eventually bring any active guild, in Diamond-Platinum.
If that was the reason, poor choice, and many good suggestions in the GBG thread.

Manuel Laboria

The alternative, if we want a better chance to get our opinions forwarded to dev's, is to use the proper feedback threads.

The top heading of this section is called "Discussions and Feedback", underneath is "Announcement Discussions", "General Community Discussions", "Spoiler Section". Aka, no "feedback" --> what and where please are the 'proper' feedback threads then?

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
I'm happy to post in the actual GBG feedback thread as well but wanted to post where the discussion was started also so that those players don't feel no one else has noticed the problem.

Although I've practically worn out the post button on the GBG feedback thread with its 100 or something pages anyway. and I feel like it's getting pointless to say anything as I picture someone in charge with their fingers in their ears going "la la la la la" so they can't hear criticisms about GBG.

Every person who says anything about how GBG ranks are broken, and the sorting isn't working now either, gets attacked either by a mod with the "why should Inno change their game to suit you" response, or some other of the usual trolls that any feedback is just whining. In fact the advice has already been in this thread and the other about GBG matchups are not random and ruining the game - just lose a season if you want to change your sorting.

Well yeah, we can also just not play, but that's not really a solution and we've found the stupid problem with the matching why we see the same guilds every season. it's an easy fix to make it random again and revert it to whatever it was before about February 2021 when we got locked into this endless cycle of the same seasons over and over.

Hungry Hippy

Private
Calling all guilds to boycott GBG until Inno sort this mess out.
GBG is ridiculous at the moment, we have been thrown into the same arena with the same 4-5 guilds(plus a variety of weak guilds that never get a chance to leave the beach) every season for about 3 months now. Its getting stale and ridiculous. Several of the guilds stuck in our "groundhog day" are losing players to guilds that are getting more favorable groupings so they can get more fights and rewards. This is just lazy algorithms on innos part.

Dragon Heng

Private
The sorting is by LP first, then by guild ID, applies to all LPs (not just 1000). Predictions we had in EN03 were correct for many boards.

Original author:
https://foe-blog.blogspot.com/2021/04/blog-post_18.html
and their predictions on RU
https://foe-blog.blogspot.com/2021/04/blog-post_26.html - prediction #1
https://foe-blog.blogspot.com/2021/04/blog-post_27.html - prediction #2

It's a nice idea to do it this way, it just doesn't work for the game. If GBG was already boring with farms rather than "battles", this is killing the fun altogether. Some guilds are now deliberately avoiding to score in GBG, just so their LP drops and they can avoid having to see the same guilds over and over... that can't be the intention, can it? Please change something about this algorithm....
Pls help to keep issue ticket in technical support. until they improve the matching system.. Don't let them treat us as stupid player.

L0rien

Private
In EN2 Project Phoenix and Pʀᴏᴊᴇᴄᴛ Pʜᴏᴇɴɪx 2 as newer guilds continually get put together, and not with any of the older guilds because they have ids of 22,017 and 22,202
Two older guilds We raid naked and Blacklist are continually together on IDs of 7,218 and 6,967 respectively

sidders6

Private
Calling all guilds to boycott GBG until Inno sort this mess out.
As I see it the only thing wrong with GbG is what makes it different to GvG; the fact that we can't counter attack in the same sector real time. A good friend of mine describes it as "Shooting fish in a barrel".

I love GbG and after this new algorithm was implemented my guilds motivation has gone down and down. It's time someone takes this directly to the head of Inno. Some players spend an immense amount of money on this game, and I understand it's not fair only to listen to them, we have to listen to everyone. What I've seen is that majority of players are complaining but nothing is being done about it.

My plea to all Forgers is to stop spending gems next round of BG as this round is paired with an event so it's not something I think will happen. If we all stop gemming / speeding camps I believe Inno will get some sort of urge to understand why this has happened. FOE is Inno's cash cow, they have other games but FOE make their bank balance want to keep going so a United front from all players is something that will help move this quicker.

Powe

Brigadier-General
I love GbG and after this new algorithm was implemented my guilds motivation has gone down and down. It's time someone takes this directly to the head of Inno. Some players spend an immense amount of money on this game, and I understand it's not fair only to listen to them, we have to listen to everyone. What I've seen is that majority of players are complaining but nothing is being done about it.

My plea to all Forgers is to stop spending gems next round of BG as this round is paired with an event so it's not something I think will happen. If we all stop gemming / speeding camps I believe Inno will get some sort of urge to understand why this has happened. FOE is Inno's cash cow, they have other games but FOE make their bank balance want to keep going so a United front from all players is something that will help move this quicker.
Unless they just remove camps.

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
i really wish INNO would change this matchup algorithm, numerous players will quit if this goes on, and i myself too also will quit this game, im not playing this game to be bullied for months

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
if this algorithm continues, i would admit the time when there were only gvg were better, whats the point of gbg if 2 guilds always win and win and the other just always lose or pushed back?