• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GBG IS BROKEN

What's broken?

Seems fine to me, have done some fights and negotiations (for space carrier chances) taken a sector or 2 and built some buildings.

One world the map had been overrun but a much faster and stronger guild

Everything seems to be working fine

Last edited:
Our guild's GBG experience has been ruined over the past few months. We have consistently been matched with dud guilds that don't belong anywhere near diamond league. These guilds can neither compete with us nor swap with us. This is absurd and not fun. We have to sit around for hours and hours for any of these smaller guilds to take sectors from us so we can have something to hit later.
We're not even trying to boycott GBG but these stupid match ups force us into a place where we literally have nothing to do on the map.
SIMPLE FIX: REDUCE THE NUMBER OF DIAMOND LEAGUE MAPS RUNNING AT THE SAME TIME AND MAKE THE MATCH UPS RANDOM FOR REAL!

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Even better fix: limit SC bonus stacking up to 72% chance for no attrition (3 SCs). Then this 80 member strong guilds won't have to sit around forever and they will be free to use their time on some better things.
Even better fix is to eliminate SC so that a strong guild cannot just sit and take over a bunch of sectors at once. Make them work for it, gain the attrition and then have to sit and wait for the reset. Allowing 0 attrition allows one very strong player to be as strong as a guild - since they only need to have a very large supply of troops and that person can sit there and keep taking over all sectors by his/herself. As well, a guild that gets too far ahead of everyone else in VP should have additional attrition placed on the guild,

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
As an added reward/bonus, the guild that finishes first should receive additional attrition (20-50) for at least 7 days in the next session, so as to make them work harder, as well as give the other teams a better chance against them. That would probably just be something that should be awarded to Diamond League guilds though.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
The algorithm is broken and has been for the last 5 rounds at least, every single time we are matched with the same 4 guild that can not be how it is meant to work, especially as it is not the way it worked up till 5 rounds ago

but inno will not acknowledge there is a problem

I thought it was random too, but it certainly is not now, and I don't know if it ever was or something changed for 2021. Someone was able to predict all our matchups exactly for this season and prediction was correct when sorted by guild ID for all the diamond boards among guilds with 1000 rank.

GUILD ID NUMBER goes back to when each guild was created. it explains why we see the same 4-5 guilds without fail because we happen to have been created around the same time in 2014. And the only variety we see are picking up 2 or 3 guilds created after or before us, depending on who got -25, -75 etc to get bumped below 1000, still we see the same match-up from only about 10 guilds, just every other season if they take a trip below 1000.

RegV

Corporal
@Ariana Erosaire: Your original post about this, as well as a couple responses were deleted by an (over-zealous?) mod because you linked to an external site. But it was an interesting post, and worth reposting with just the link redacted (which is what the mod should have done):

Ariana Erosaire said:
Sadly it is not random. we have confirmation in our world that guilds with 1000 are being sorted by GUILD ID NUMBER which goes back to when they were created. it explains why we see the same 4-5 guilds without fail because we happen to have been created around the same time in 2014. And the only variety we see are picking up 2 or 3 guilds created after or before us, depending on who got -25, -75 etc to get bumped below 1000, still we see the same match-up from only about 10 guilds, just every other season if they take a trip below 1000.

Someone was able to predict all our matchups exactly for this season and prediction was correct by guild ID for all the diamond boards among guilds with 1000. you can see guild ID on a site like <REDACTED> the ID is right there in the link, 10726 happens to be my guild.

There are 32 guilds with 1000 and 56 total in diamond, yet we are sorted among approx the same 10 guilds, over and over. I have racked my brain trying to decide if this is new or just enough guilds have all gotten to 1000 that now we notice it. Was it ever random? I thought it was too... but it isn't now. There were times we used to get matched with a bigger variety of guilds, including those who are far away from us in guild ID number, through the end of 2020. but in 2021 we have settled into this pattern with no variety.

My reply was also deleted, but the jist of it was, nice bit of detective work. Assuming the analysis is right, then the order isn't random at all. Which is what a lot of players have been saying for the last few weeks.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
@Ariana Erosaire: Your original post about this, as well as a couple responses were deleted by an (over-zealous?) mod because you linked to an external site. But it was an interesting post, and worth reposting with just the link redacted (which is what the mod should have done):

My reply was also deleted, but the jist of it was, nice bit of detective work. Assuming the analysis is right, then the order isn't random at all. Which is what a lot of players have been saying for the last few weeks.
Except at the end of the day - you still have absolutely no idea if it is random or not. All you can do is make assumptions. Certainly some of the assumptions seem very reasonable - but again, they are only assumptions. So until someone is 'officially' comes out and gives some answer, will not know what is happening. Certainly it is worth being frustrated that nobody 'official' will give any answers, but it is also just as frustrating coming to these forums and seeing the same whine and dance going on constantly every day, if not almost every hour, for the last few weeks.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer

Thanks - and yes, I reposted also, in both places. It wasn't me who figured it out but now that the prediction was correct - (sort by GBG rank and then by guild id) - well time to share that there's an explanation besides the random number generator has never really been random, which is a computer science nerd known issue - Yeah but it's not this predictable either!

There are forge db sites most players know about, where one can find Guild ID to figure this out, but the prediction (sort by GBG rank and then by guild id) worked for how we got matched up this season on en3, and explains why we have been seeing the same guilds for the last several seasons, +/- those who get bumped under 1000 for a round. If you have rank 1000 you should see a really obvious pattern in the guild id's of everyone who is matched up with you, if you look them up.

Whoever places in the top 4 will likely be paired again. There are 4-5 other guilds we are usually matched with that have close guild ID numbers but current ranks of 925 and 975, but they will be back at 1000 and keep us locked into the same general grouping. What people are reporting with same groupings is not imagined.

Ok, so if this is how the algorithm works, you can more or less precisely predict how the next guild match will be.
However, you'll have to look up all the IDs of the guilds with the same LP and sort them in order. Or keep a list, of course.
You also need to know how the algorithm for the grouping of the guilds work. How many boards with 8 and 7 guilds?
Also, if you go below the group of 1000 LP guilds to guilds with different LP (975, 950, 925...), the predictions become a little more complicated.

Last edited:

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
sure you can predict it, easily it shows the group sorting for everyone sitting on 1000 LP. maybe more people will and we can prove it out. r21r seemed to be able to confirm it in his posts on the other thread.

I have been trying to think if it's possible the matching has been the way it was all along and we just got enough guilds all hitting 1000 every week that now we notice? but my gut says that's not likely, we used to see all kinds of different guilds, ones that I now know were very far apart from us in guild ID, and many were hitting 1000 all the time months ago too, before this repeat cycle started.

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer
I have been trying to think if it's possible the matching has been the way it was all along and we just got enough guilds all hitting 1000 every week that now we notice?

Nope, some of us remember matchups that would have been impossible under this scheme. But they all were 2020.
I'm not probably the best person to judge about this though, both my guilds on 2 servers I play are very high up in the list (#1 and #2 out of existing guilds), so we have some 950 LP guys almost always, and they do change.

Manuel Laboria

The sorting is by LP first, then by guild ID, applies to all LPs (not just 1000). Predictions we had in EN03 were correct for many boards.

Original author:
https://foe-blog.blogspot.com/2021/04/blog-post_18.html
and their predictions on RU
https://foe-blog.blogspot.com/2021/04/blog-post_26.html - prediction #1
https://foe-blog.blogspot.com/2021/04/blog-post_27.html - prediction #2

It's a nice idea to do it this way, it just doesn't work for the game. If GBG was already boring with farms rather than "battles", this is killing the fun altogether. Some guilds are now deliberately avoiding to score in GBG, just so their LP drops and they can avoid having to see the same guilds over and over... that can't be the intention, can it? Please change something about this algorithm....

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume it's new. We've been complaining about the lousy matchmaking for a long time, so maybe this is their new way of testing a new algorithm. Sorting it by guild ID that goes back to when the guilds were cerated doesn't make it much better though.