• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GBG IS BROKEN

GBG has not forced you. GBG can not force you. It is your decision. All you are doing now is using GBG as an excuse.
here we go again the choce is ofcourse ours yet it does not change the fact that GBG should be renamed Guild Farming Grounds??? What I am trying to say and will try again is Stop leaning the game to top 10 guilds and let the other 95% of players have a chance. Case and point 1 billion point ranking really? I even abused Guild Farming grounds to go from 150 to 600+in million in rank in months not years.Again I ask try it Inno every open flag aguild holds 10% reduction of camps GFarmingGrounds becomes GBG/

B stands for Battles now long forgoten.

I tried similar feedback in March in the GBG feedback thread. The game has balance issues with the Space ages, the separate colony means these goods are super-plentiful; never before was it possible to store up 20-50K of goods in an age, but I have that and more in Mars and above. I played the same way VF and below, but could never amass more than 10K in any age. Major imbalance added to the game.

The side effect of siege camp greed (aka the whole point of GBG boiling down to build camps and farm with free attrition being all anyone does) is it encourages guilds NOT to take in new players, or in fact to want only the Space age players. And it's a shame because while my guild still takes in lower ages, we do have times where we 'suffer' for it; my stubbornness in persisting does make me resent that while we are not letting the effing camps dictate everything in our guild, the game is designed to disadvantage us for it.

And I got shot down by the same people as the poster above, back in March, for the same ridiculous reasons:
  1. Just make more Iron, EMA, HMA goods, and you can still take in the newbies! Sure, every higher level player is going to volunteer to donate a 10x10 space in his town to make a bunch of low age goods to support that (NOT!) This is totally missing the point. It's weird for a game to be slanted to where taking in newbies not only means you have to help them until they can carry their own weight, but it also actually punishes you personally as they interfere in your own ability to play. Where is the fun in this exactly?
  2. Control your greed, no one's forcing you to build siege camps! right, no one's forcing you to fill your town with buildings that make Forge points, goods, and 10-20 checkmate squares, botanical rotundas, carousels, and royal marble gateways either - but you do! Why? Because that's the strategy now effected by the poor game design which has taken variety out, unbalanced everything, and not only allowed but encouraged (antiques dealer selling them all day every day) multiple 10's of copies of rows of the same effing buildings everywhere. If you want to be competitive in the game, this is what you have to do. Let's live in reality of what the game actually is now, shall we?
  3. And my favorite - game exploits and greed are to be fixed by the players, not by the developers! Right. Hey guys, next time you see an exploit, don't ask anyone to fix the problem or restore balance, just walk away and pretend you didn't see it. Remember: It's not the developers fault when they add game mechanics that unbalance the game, it's the player's fault for playing with what they've been given! :sarcasm:
Go ahead, let the trolling begin!

they do listen trust a few of us that are defensive lunatics they fixed Virgo off PVP and now will the dev's hear this? Rename GBG to GfarmingG or fix it.

What's broken?

Seems fine to me, have done some fights and negotiations (for space carrier chances) taken a sector or 2 and built some buildings.

One world the map had been overrun but a much faster and stronger guild

Everything seems to be working fine
What is broken ?
What is not broken. That is the better question to ask. Stronger guild, how do you measure that. As always Inno's approach is quantity and not quality. Match up guilds with 75 members against guilds with 30 and use the same completely unfair attrition system.
Congratulations to Inno for creating this fantastic feature and the 2 strong guilds for farming each round.
I support the call to boycott until there is a fair and fun for all replacement

Put an end to this joke of farming in GBG.
Question for Innogames if anyone of them ever read this:
Do you want to make 150 players happy or have a fun game for the entire community?
BTW, not expecting any answer from Innogames. That would be too much to ask.

r21r

Major-General
meanwhile again a player is gonna do ~100.000 battles within a round.
are we serious ?
the RQ's hurted you because they didn't required a bot ?

Oh how exciting it is to "WATCH" another GbG season go by. Much better than watching the Olympics; Look at all those Siege Camps - Who will get the Siege Camp Builders Gold Medal this season - LOL

Draqone

Corporal
Oh how exciting it is to "WATCH" another GbG season go by. Much better than watching the Olympics; Look at all those Siege Camps - Who will get the Siege Camp Builders Gold Medal this season - LOL

Are you suggesting an idea that Innogames implement a nerf of siege camps? :P

Of course not, If anything were wrong with them wouldn't they Fix It - lol.
Everyone playing GbG is enjoying GbG - what needs to be fixed. It's fun to watch 2 guilds monopolize the entire season - what is wrong with that.

Vesiger

Monarch
Once an attack is made on a sector it must be captured within 1 hour or All battles on it are lost. No sector holding until that Just Right Moment to capture - Capture the sector or lose all attempts/fights. and that guild must re-fight to take!
That would mean that only the top guilds could take any sectors at all - it often takes us more than four hours to scrape up enough attacks between enough players to complete 160 battles, especially with high attrition.

Vesiger

Monarch
That's not adding strategy to the game. That's just removing siege camps in a overly convoluted way.
I still like the nice simple suggestion of not allowing more than one siege camp in any one sector, however many building slots it has. You can still get multiple siege camps supporting attacks on a neighbouring sector, but you need to virtually surround it to reach the zero attrition mark.
It also has the benefit of encouraging guilds to build other structures on the other slots, instead of no-brainer siege camps on everything...

I still like the nice simple suggestion of not allowing more than one siege camp in any one sector, however many building slots it has. You can still get multiple siege camps supporting attacks on a neighbouring sector, but you need to virtually surround it to reach the zero attrition mark.
It also has the benefit of encouraging guilds to build other structures on the other slots, instead of no-brainer siege camps on everything...
One siege camp is a good idea but not realistic. More siege camps means more diamonds spent and profit for Inno which is perfectly fine. They need to make money to provide this service. A better solution would be changing the attrition system. Attrirtion increase should be based on the number of players in a guild similar to GE.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
One siege camp is a good idea but not realistic. More siege camps means more diamonds spent and profit for Inno which is perfectly fine. They need to make money to provide this service. A better solution would be changing the attrition system. Attrirtion increase should be based on the number of players in a guild similar to GE.
Absolutely a bad idea. Not everyone in a guild is going to be playing GbG, and some will play at the beginning of each restart, some at the end, some in the middle, and some play a bit here and there throughout the daily session. Your idea is just going to sabatoge those who do not participate at the start of each reset each day. Since attrition is 'player' based, not 'guild' based (as GE is). Last thing anyone wants, as problematic as GbG is right now, is more problems added to it.
If guilds do not truly belong in the Diamond league, then they should go back down a league that they can play in. They want to stubbornly refuse to play the league that they are able to play in, then they can stay in Diamond and just watch the other guild(s) continue to dominate the underpeforming and underserving guilds.