• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GbG, good new addition to game or mockery full of flaws???

OrionMnt

Corporal
No, SCs are allowing that infinite farm, without them even the strongest player will end up with 100-150 attrition, but now even a IA player can do thousands of battles with perma 0 attrition.
Smaller guilds should never compete against bigger guilds, they should compete against smaller guilds (cross-servers maybe one day)

P.S. Big guild = guild with many active players.

potatoskunk

Master Corporal
SCs allow infinite farming, yes, but that means someone with an attack bonus of 100-200% can farm pretty effectively if they get their tactics right. The biggest guilds with dozens of high-level players that can push their attrition to 150 and get away with it don't actually benefit much from SCs.

And you can't maintain that infinite farming indefinitely. You can only do so as long as you're able to attack sectors with 5 SCs - and that requires at least two supporting sectors. You will have to fight some battles with real attrition at some point.

OrionMnt

Corporal
The biggest guilds with dozens of high-level players that can push their attrition to 150 and get away with it don't actually benefit much from SCs.
No, they cant, 150 is really high, lets say 100 on average
And you can't maintain that infinite farming indefinitely. You can only do so as long as you're able to attack sectors with 5 SCs - and that requires at least two supporting sectors. You will have to fight some battles with real attrition at some point.
Yes, you can. When 2 guilds (or more) make the alliance or whatever they called it, they can just lock the whole map for the other guilds because of SCs allowing to fight with low/no attrition. And they swap sector every 4h (for low/no attrition depends on the map/sectors around). If there were not SCs, each player would take 1 sector (or even less on average) and that will be it, other guilds will be allowed to play which is good for the game.

Removing SCs will make small guild suffer, but that is the price we have to pay to balance the exploiting swaping sectors.
But I don't think SC will be removed, cuz Devs want that 24/7 playtime, if we are lucky they'll just reduce the efficiency for more than 1 SC like it was suggested.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
after reading so many posts over the farming and big guilds able to take a map as they have so many high players, then wouldnt getting rid of the attrition be the best way forward to let all guilds be able to fight and maybe it could make at least a better chance of stopping the swapping of sectors between pal guilds a real possiblity ?

Prefer to play in plat league than diamond , we now usually purposely drop down from diamond league as nearly every diamond battleground has 2 guilds that get together and do the swap hack on 159/160.
seems Inno dont care about the hack as they just turn a blind eye........

Emberguard

Legend
after reading so many posts over the farming and big guilds able to take a map as they have so many high players, then wouldnt getting rid of the attrition be the best way forward to let all guilds be able to fight and maybe it could make at least a better chance of stopping the swapping of sectors between pal guilds a real possiblity ?
Debateable.

The big guilds can do that because they have both the numbers and the speed. If they can take a sector within 1-2 mins does attrition really matter? You‘d still need to be able to match their speed and capabilities

jaxie

Private
I took a break from FoE just after GBG started. It seemed like a good idea then. I am horrified at what it has turned into. No one cares about ranking, its become a farm with huge rewards with guilds pairing up to milk it. Some people play it for the strategy and for the good of the guild, but a lot are only interested in using it for personal gain. I am disappointed that INNO haven't done something to fix this, I'm sure that they never intended it to turn into this. It had so much potential, but I hate it now!

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
I took a break from FoE just after GBG started. It seemed like a good idea then. I am horrified at what it has turned into. No one cares about ranking, its become a farm with huge rewards with guilds pairing up to milk it. Some people play it for the strategy and for the good of the guild, but a lot are only interested in using it for personal gain. I am disappointed that INNO haven't done something to fix this, I'm sure that they never intended it to turn into this. It had so much potential, but I hate it now!
I think you have identified exactly what is so good about GBG. This is a long term game, not a quick and easy. As such, ranking really has no place or reason in it - other than to identify what you have in points gained versus other players. There is nothing to be fixed really, since it fits properly with how a long term playability is meant to be played. Not meant to get to the next stage as quick as possible - get there where and when you can, in a nice leisurely fashion. It has the potential to fit perfectly with a long term game plan, and it works. There may be some minor fix and squeaks here and there, but the overall design and intent is basically what it should be.

potatoskunk

Master Corporal
There seem to be mixed views of what GbG should be.

Should it be a place to farm personal rewards, that also gives real benefits to the guild? Or should it be an arena for guilds to compete for the top spots?

I don't see any particular reason why it should be one way or the other. Both, I think, result in a fun competition. A heavy emphasis on personal rewards results in somewhat different tactics from what you would expect from an emphasis on guild placing - but also provides a strong participation incentive.

But I think this is where much of the difference of opinion lies. The people that dislike the way it works now would prefer an arena where guilds compete for the top spots, rather than a place to farm personal rewards and also benefit the guild.

So: let's hear your arguments as why something structured around guild competition rather than farming personal rewards is better.

dorocill

Corporal
There seem to be mixed views of what GbG should be.

Should it be a place to farm personal rewards, that also gives real benefits to the guild? Or should it be an arena for guilds to compete for the top spots?

I don't see any particular reason why it should be one way or the other. Both, I think, result in a fun competition. A heavy emphasis on personal rewards results in somewhat different tactics from what you would expect from an emphasis on guild placing - but also provides a strong participation incentive.

But I think this is where much of the difference of opinion lies. The people that dislike the way it works now would prefer an arena where guilds compete for the top spots, rather than a place to farm personal rewards and also benefit the guild.

So: let's hear your arguments as why something structured around guild competition rather than farming personal rewards is better.

The irony is Personal rewards are gained from the Guilds resource. It would be only be fair if the Guild gained more rewards.

dorocill

Corporal
Guild resources (treasury) are paid by donations from guild members. Isn't it fair that guild members get rewarded for their treasury donations?
Exactly, all members donate & my contention is all members should get
rewards. Anyway, I found my way by offering fps from my stash to all our low scoring members.

Knight of ICE

rewards. Anyway, I found my way by offering fps from my stash to all our low scoring members.

Not all members donate automatically nor do all donate the same.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Not all members donate (or perhaps in your particular guild they do) - but rewards are based on participation, not on donation. Build an Observatory, have an Airship, and the guild gets additional goods when player makes collections. Absolutely backwards sense that those players should get a reward for clicking on a button. And if a player does not want to donate, or have buildings that can help the guild overall, then it is up to individual guilds if they want to have a hanger-on sucking up space in their guild, if the guild wants actual players who want to be in the guild. No, all members do not deserve nor should they be rewarded. Besides, all members are already rewarded on a daily basis from the added bonuses that their townhalls will give them - even if the player has done absolutely nothing to help enhance the guild.

Not all members donate (or perhaps in your particular guild they do) - but rewards are based on participation, not on donation. Build an Observatory, have an Airship, and the guild gets additional goods when player makes collections. Absolutely backwards sense that those players should get a reward for clicking on a button. And if a player does not want to donate, or have buildings that can help the guild overall, then it is up to individual guilds if they want to have a hanger-on sucking up space in their guild, if the guild wants actual players who want to be in the guild. No, all members do not deserve nor should they be rewarded. Besides, all members are already rewarded on a daily basis from the added bonuses that their townhalls will give them - even if the player has done absolutely nothing to help enhance the guild.
Guild leeches sucking guild benefits without doing anything for the guild. Well, yeah, up to guild leaders if they want to feed them or boot them.

Last edited:
so after a exciting, competitive 1 week stint in platinum league, which is fun and exciting ...........

we are back in the usual slum of the diamond leagues......
of course , just like the previous 5 diamond leagues we find 2 guilds team up and take over 90% of the map with the 159/160 swap exploit....
and of course as usual inno hasn't done anything about the exploit ,
i guess the diamond spend by the exploit has them turning a blind eye....
so we hardly bother and again will purposely drop out of diamond league, saving resources and troops and just doing the minimum possible...

and look forward to platinum league for some actual real competition , and not the exploit crap that certain players seem to defend with their reputation diminishing with each post.

of course , just like the previous 5 diamond leagues we find 2 guilds team up and take over 90% of the map with the 159/160 swap exploit....
Although I hate this, it is simply a gameplay tactic. Why would inno do anything about it when everything is being done within the rules of the game?

We generally try to stay in platinum too to avoid this but do our best to get in their way and disrupt the swaps where we can

dorocill

Corporal
so after a exciting, competitive 1 week stint in platinum league, which is fun and exciting ...........

i guess the diamond spend by the exploit has them turning a blind eye....
so we hardly bother and again will purposely drop out of diamond league, saving resources and troops and just doing the minimum possible...

and look forward to platinum league for some actual real competition , and not the exploit crap that certain players seem to defend with their reputation diminishing with each post.

It’s the same for us. We use the diamond time to build resources & platinum to dominate. It’s good in a way that it breaks the monotony. I just wanted to point that I don’t see much of a diamond spend, a few hundred for the whole guild with all members chipping in some is the norm. This amount is easily earned back from rewards ( I shouldn’t be saying this out loud lol ).