• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GbG, good new addition to game or mockery full of flaws???

Caellum

Private
Let me hear your oppinions... Is GbG good addition to the game or total mockery or something in between?
My oppinion is that GbG have so much potential to be improved and to be really good thing for the game but what it is now is total joke, first of all 3 diamond tables??? do you have 3 champions league in football??? And next round that number will raise to 4... So current situation in one of the worlds on 3 diamond tables:
Table 1: top guild from that table, in GbG and that world in general won table 7 days before end of round, secured it mathematicly 5 days before end of the round and stopped build buildings in GbG but at least playing it decently and not making mockery out of it...
Table 2: 4+ guilds agreed on day 1 more or less who get what spot on table and just exchanging sectors without deleting sieges for eachothers to get personal rewards and players wich are farmers and wich have 50k battles in 5 years of playing FoE now do 1k battles per day...
Table 3: 1 guild wich is in reality top 3 guild in GbG but got 5th last round cause they played game properly and was fighting strongest guild on that server lost few points but still stayed in diamond and now have with them 6 more jokes of guilds in comparation to them considering GbG and now have 25 sectors for few days already, more points than all other guilds combined from that table and nobody to hit so their players are nervious cause they cant get battles...

So as you can see by description, this GbG format is total joke and GbG have so much potential if you make some small adjustments, for start raise guild reward and reduce players rewards and you will solve a lot of problems... all that greed inside guild and all this making mockery that guilds split spots on day 1 and just exchange sectors between themselfs to get players/personal rewards...

On other thread someone already mentioned how SoH is overpowered building, atm i have 9 of them on level 5 but all of my i earned with fair fighting, i feel sick when i see that farmers with 2 times lower fighting bonus than my and 3 times less developed towns achieved the same just cause they do this exchange mockery wich inno made possible by giving really good players rewards and encouraging players greed to exploit GbG for something for what it shouldnt be used and not to be a competition between guilds...
Solution of this is really easy...
1. Make guild rewards a lot higher and players/personal rewards a lot lower or keep them same but make chances to get them a lot lower
2. Make JUST ONE TOP LEAGUE and not that guilds calculate on wich diamond table they will finish, 1, 2, 3 or 4 and then 'play' that exploiting crap instad of proper game/GbG...

To stop those trolls like agent on start with some ideas how i am crying cause of myself or my guild or some similar BS, with this sugestion i am shoting in my own legs cause trust me with my current town/bonus current format is win on lottery for me, that knows all wich play en5/east-nagach but in general that is total mockery and completely useless and how i heard on some other worlds GbG is even more blatantly abused and used just for personal gain...

it has become almost impossible for medium size guilds to participate when you have 2 strong guilds in the same league, even in diamond league which is supposed to be the best of thee best, when the map opens every 4 hrs it literally changes from one guild to the other with in about 3 minutes with other guilds barely able to take a sector its becoming repetitive and quite frankly almost impossible for any guild but the top 4-5 in each world to be competitive.

potatoskunk

Master Corporal
@Caellum, I'm in a GbG round like that. Even worse, we're in a terrible starting position where our front lawn and all the surrounding sectors have a maximum of one building spot. We do have an agreement with the other guilds in this round to leave other guild's front lawns alone, which does help, but to get anywhere we have to expand out of our starting sector with support from only one SC, and then the next sector we also only have one SC, so we have to take two full sectors before we get support from more than one SC.

However, we're in third. Why? Because the two top guilds are squashing everyone else just as much as us, and when we get an opportunity to push into the middle, we're taking it; we share the attrition load and push through to enjoy the goodies in the middle. It's frustrating to get pushed back to our front lawn repeatedly and lose multiple races, but we're still competing with and beating the other guilds. Other guilds have been in the middle too, but not as much as us.

And most of the other GbG rounds I've been in haven't been like this. Most of the previous rounds have been much more dynamic.

I don't think two dominant guilds is necessarily a problem. If you have the firepower, you will still have opportunities to push into the middle.

If you're in diamond, unless you're in one of the very top guilds, you don't really try to finish 1st or even usually 2nd. The goal is 3rd or 4th, maybe 5th, and farm as many personal rewards as possible. You can also try short-term alliances with other guilds.

rayster001

Private
TOTALY AGREED
- No fair competition
- To much reward every day
- To many diamonds league
- and of course the one I was proposing in another post, Statue of Honor lvl 5 is too overpowered and will replace many buildings in the game, including events buildings.

GBG is too generous.
Not really , I got 5 SOHs and ive kept almost all of my event buildings up to this point and ive got 2 - 8s a 7-6 and 3 [;-))....... I DID take out some to squeeze in 5 house of the wolf though

Malang

Private
GbG is a good addition to the game. However, the game mechanics can be improved greatly by overhauling. I think the developers of FoE needs to study a game named "Clash of Kingdoms" which is shut down years ago. But the concept of the game was great, and some of its mechanics can be implemented here actually.