• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: GBG Generals (+ GBG balances)

HyldenMan

Private
Problem: Currently, GBG has a few problems:
  • Too dull/stagnant: The way GBG is being played is the same and never differs from building Siege Camps everywhere and swap sectors every 4 hours. GBG results are usually determined by the first few hours of the season.
  • Uses one aspect of the game: Which is fighting. Trading is inefficient unless maybe for the first few fights, and defending army boosts are of no use at all.
  • Too abusable/profitable for high-attacking-army players.
The following proposal is meant to solve these issues as well as make all playstyles of the game playable.

Proposal: This proposal is composed of 2 points. I do realize that this is discouraged here, but if I propose one without the other, it would seem like a - for a lack of a better word - a stupid change:
  1. GBG generals:
    • GBG generals would provide different boosts to GBG battles/armies.
    • There are 3 types of GBG Generals: Attacker, Defender, Trader.
    • At the start of each GBG day, a guild leader can assign up to 3 generals, one of each type.
    • These Generals can be assigned to a conquered guild's sector, and provide 100% of their bonuses (see below) to the territories they are on, and 50% bonuses to adjacent territories.
    • Once assigned, they there until GBG reset at the end of each day.
    • If the sector a general is assigned to is conquered by an enemy Guild, the general falls back to the nearest sector. If two or more of the sectors are the same distance from the Generals' sector, the closest one to HQ is selected.
    • Attacker General:
      • Grants advancements on adjacent sectors a chance to avoid gaining attrition equal to 1.5% of the general's attacking army' attack+defence boost.
      • Eg. If general has 1000% attack boost and 1000% defense boost for attacking army, chances would be 30% and 15% for assigned and adjacent sectors, respectively).
    • Defender General:
      • Increases the number of advancements required to take the sectors they are on by 2% of the general's defending army's attack+defence boost.
      • Eg. If general has 1000% attack boost and 1000% defense boost for defending army, advancements would be +40 and +20 for assigned and adjacent sectors, respectively.
    • Trader General:
      • Increases the chance to win a prize from advancements by 1% of all the goods acquired by the general in the previous day.
      • Provides double the chance when negotiating.
      • Days are calculated from/to GBG resets.
      • Unrefined goods count for half the value, special goods for double.
      • Goods have to be of the general's own age/era.
      • Trades do not count.
      • Eg. if general gathers 1000 goods the previous day, this will give a chance of 10% of getting a prize.
    • Boosts of the same general coming from different sectors stack multiplicatively.
  2. Changes to balance out the previous suggestion:
    • All SAME GBG buildings stack multiplicatively. I.e if you have bonuses from 3 Siege camps, chances of you gaining attrition will be: (1-0.24) x ( 1-0.24) x ( 1-0.24) = ~44%. Which means you have a 66% chance of not gaining attrition.
    • All DIFFERENT GBG buildings stack additively, as before.
    • New Tavern Boost: Convert 20%/30%/40% of your defending army's attack boost to your attacking army. This makes the defending army playstyle more viable.
    • Decrease Reward Chance: I have not worked out the math yet, but I think by 10% will be just fine.
    • Provide a reward upon conquering a sector: Every guild member that has participated in conquering a sector will gain a reward. Every sector has its own rewards.

I will make a separate suggestion for the 2nd part of this proposal and link it here. However, I think these two suggestions should be linked.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea? None of the previous suggestions were brought up in the form.

Reason: This suggestion serves multiple purposes:
  1. By providing GBG generals, one can choose to build their city to be a Trader, Defender, or Attacker.
  2. Disallows mindless 0% attrition attack bursts.
  3. Shifts the purpose of GBG from getting out as much attacks as possible to conquering territories, which is more strategic.

Visual Aids: Will try to provide some visuals as I tune this draft.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The previous numbers are susceptible to change and are not final. Please consider the idea rather than the numbers.

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

To start with a poll should only have two options, not four. Second, ideas about changes for GBG can be put in the GBG feedback thread. Third and foremost this is DNS in more than one way.

What Not To Suggest?

Please note that any other ideas along the same lines will also be moved to this forum, and not forwarded, so it's in your own best interest not to suggest any ideas similar to these.

In particular, please do not suggest the following ideas, as they will not be implemented:

• Ideas to make yourself richer.. or make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it.
  • New buildings or items. Buildings and items are decided upon according to a feature, event, era and need to ensure they are balanced within the game
  • Extreme changes (new battle system, ...)
  • Changes to existing rewards.
  • Ideas or suggestions about new features. Those need to be put in the feedback thread created to share your thoughts about that feature.

Any suggestions you have concerning GBG you can propose in the GBG feedback thread. Any discussion about GBG you can have in the several threads on the subject.