• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GbG Exploitation must be stopped

Thrawnf

Corporal
Everyone does things to get points to climb ladder in some way.... people do quests some fight like mad, others do whatever.... SO WHAT ?? whoever is #1 is #1 get over it i say.... when a player is #1 and new features come in, they should be aware if they want to keep position they have to work with whatever is new. if not then they may risk drop in rank?? that's life ...however, things evolve and remember its a game... Be happy, enjoy and chill out... congrats to anyone who is top 100

hehehehe

me I become 1st because the 1st stop to play hehehe

Cuthwolf

Captain
I just googled Foe Chrome extensions to see what all the fuss is about:

If you really want to STOP FOE exploits start with banning ALL Extensions & those that use them - They ARE nothing more than GAME CHEATS - plain & simple

This is just one:

View attachment 21418
The tide is turning. FOE helper has been nerfed to be compliant and (from 1st July) those using the old version may be banned. I guess those tools are out too.

GBG is the worst thing which happened to this game.

They were aware they need to have some kind of a mechanism to stop players making infinite battles so they introduce attrition. Then they introduce ways to absolutely nullify that same mechanism and allow some players to have infinite fights. How smart is that?

Someone once said Siege Camps should be removed, I laughed at first. But now I see they were having a good point as GBG is exploited heavily. Remove SCs, Watch Towers, Traps and Decoys. Everything which affects attrition and have players fight to best of their abilities. Stronger players will still do much more than the weaker ones, but not infinetly more.

The tide is turning. FOE helper has been nerfed to be compliant and (from 1st July) those using the old version may be banned. I guess those tools are out too.

I read in the rules way back that scripts are not allowed - BUT a full blown program complete with scripts and support dll's is ok - You have got to be kidding!

Anything - anything that assists in "helping" you play the game is a violation of the no script rule!!!

Excerpt:

Getting Started Tutorial
Extensions are made of different, but cohesive, components. Components can include background scripts, content scripts, an options page, UI elements and various logic files. Extension components are created with web development technologies: HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. An extension's components will depend on its functionality and may not require every option.

This tutorial will build an extension that allows the user to change the background color of any page on developer.chrome.com. It will use many core components to give an introductory demonstration of their relationships.

Last edited:
And I do love a good laugh - when somebody says "it makes the game easier" of course it does - cheating always makes everything "easier"

I received a message the other day from a player who was a member of EJ's guild Synergy. They stated that members of Synergy are required to add DAs to sectors on the All Ages that will be dropped for Ploddie to hit after recalc to accumulate points.

How is that 'hard work'? How is that 'fair and honest'?

I received a message the other day from a player who was a member of EJ's guild Synergy. They stated that members of Synergy are required to add DAs to sectors on the All Ages that will be dropped for Ploddie to hit after recalc to accumulate points.

How is that 'hard work'? How is that 'fair and honest'?

What's wrong with that - LOL - That guild would be one hot potato - dropped at the 1st reading of a msg like that!

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
GBG is the worst thing which happened to this game.

They were aware they need to have some kind of a mechanism to stop players making infinite battles so they introduce attrition. Then they introduce ways to absolutely nullify that same mechanism and allow some players to have infinite fights. How smart is that?

Someone once said Siege Camps should be removed, I laughed at first. But now I see they were having a good point as GBG is exploited heavily. Remove SCs, Watch Towers, Traps and Decoys. Everything which affects attrition and have players fight to best of their abilities. Stronger players will still do much more than the weaker ones, but not infinetly more.

You know, as much as it would suck to not be able to use SF's many siege camps that we still from Gisk, them being removed entirely would make GBG rather interesting and less about just farming and pushing under camps. Then it really would be about how good your guild is, not how big your wallet is.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
But my guess is that defeats GBG's purpose as well, to drain peoples resources (you spend more resources under camps which cost thousands especially those not farming mid under them) and generate revenue from people

Bilds

Private
The bottom line for me seems that some old skool players are not so willing to adapt as the game changes over time.
Newer features and advanced ages like SAAB bring new opportunities, some take them...investing time and dedication to the cause, whilst others sit back and complain when their lower effort sees them falling back.

These players seem happy with some methods of old (e.g. 'plodding' was mentioned, collaborations and sector swapping in GvG, sure they will be more), but not happy with newer methods on a similar vain?

To Goremise point above, I think your second point hits the mark. Goods for the buildings in GBG are not granted freely. Guilds need to plan and work to build up enough to make a difference, so the difference they do make on the battlefield are the reward for the effort.

To the serial moaners and whiners, I say PLAY THE GAME that Inno provides FOC, and stop complaining about how lower individual effort and poor forward thinking leads to a lesser result.
Adapt and survive or stoically remain and wither.

legend9182

Major-General
The bottom line for me seems that some old skool players are not so willing to adapt as the game changes over time.
Newer features and advanced ages like SAAB bring new opportunities, some take them...investing time and dedication to the cause, whilst others sit back and complain when their lower effort sees them falling back.

These players seem happy with some methods of old (e.g. 'plodding' was mentioned, collaborations and sector swapping in GvG, sure they will be more), but not happy with newer methods on a similar vain?

To Goremise point above, I think your second point hits the mark. Goods for the buildings in GBG are not granted freely. Guilds need to plan and work to build up enough to make a difference, so the difference they do make on the battlefield are the reward for the effort.

To the serial moaners and whiners, I say PLAY THE GAME that Inno provides FOC, and stop complaining about how lower individual effort and poor forward thinking leads to a lesser result.
Adapt and survive or stoically remain and wither.
Actually only thing which needs to be stopped is that
Those guilds who make alliance to punish others by stopping them from taking a sector
So they should imply a rule for those who make alliancez in gbg
Screenshot_2020-07-10-12-40-57-827_com.innogames.foeandroid.jpg

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer
You just have to love FOE's intentional attack on our resources - LOL
View attachment 21467

Always the lowest in inventory -- cost the most in goods

That is good :) A guild that has balanced inventory wins.

And if that is really the case, use that knowledge and game the system. Hold of donating one/two goods...so that your guild inventory looks un balanced. Then during gbg, donate from your inventory and build the buildings. Tada.....You score

Emberguard

Legend
You just have to love FOE's intentional attack on our resources - LOL
View attachment 21467

Always the lowest in inventory -- cost the most in goods
It's random but weighted chance towards whichever ages you have the most of in your guild. If it were truly on the lowest goods in stock then these buildings wouldn't be putting the highest requirement on the goods we have the most of out of the three options presented nor would it put it on the middle amount.
1594441653908.png

1594441681763.png

1594441705243.png

Yes sometimes the goods in your treasury you're down on will be what you have to put the most in for. But that's because it's random

Which treasury goods will be asked to raise province buildings?
  • Only the eras that are represented in a guild will determine the costs of province buildings. If a guild has two members, one in Iron Age and one in Colonial Age, then only goods from those two specific ages will ever be asked for. Nevertheless, the distribution takes into account the weighting of represented eras, which means that if a guild has mostly members of Space Age Mars, then it’s most likely to see Space Age Mars goods as costs

Last edited:
Did they just stop the prizes in GBG? They should give a warning beforehand. I just did 10 battles and 4 nego without receiving one single prize. If there are no prizes then why would anyone dump their goods and units in GBG? This is just frustrating.

Emberguard

Legend
Did they just stop the prizes in GBG? They should give a warning beforehand. I just did 10 battles and 4 nego without receiving one single prize. If there are no prizes then why would anyone dump their goods and units in GBG? This is just frustrating.
Nothings changed with the prizes

I just picked up about 180fp and loads of other stuff so seems ok to me :)

After 4 seasons of seeing the same mix of required goods for the same types of bldgs. - I have a hard time believing the stated reasons - As I am a one man guild - the mix of required goods each season is more obvious and very little has changed.