• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: GBG Crystal League, Achievements and balance changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MenthoL

Private
Proposal:

Guild Battlegrounds Crystal League and achievements addition followed by balance changes suited for all types of guilds with a special focus on scalability and difficulty versus reward. Most of the changes can be implemented with minimal effort but can bring a fresh look to Guild Battlegrounds.

Reason:

Crystal League is designed to get the most determined and eager guilds to battle for better rewards and prestige – “everybody wants to rule the world” they say.

Guild Battlegrounds Achievements or better said – why does only Guild Expedition get the spotlight?!? I want to show of my “Negotiation Master” or “Let me try again” title to all my friends, mates and neighbors.

Balance changes - now let’s get into some serious work. By modifying parameters such as siege camp percentage, sector locked down time, negotiation points rework, building slots for specific sectors will improve the whole Battlegrounds system as a whole by making it more appealing and rewarding while giving everyone a chance to reach the top while addressing and adjusting well known issues/flaws.

Details:

Crystal League brings a maximum of 4 guilds together to fight (or negotiate) for the round. It will provide better rewards (e.g.: ~14 FPs and 30 diamonds as individual rewards) and more prestige/building fragments for the guilds as a whole.
This fierce league will see less guilds competing for the trophy but do not be mistaken – competition is strong and the fighting (or negotiating) becomes more difficult.

Achievements will give the opportunity to show off new titles to everyone else and provide a visual progress towards your goals. Achievements examples:

*Fierce fighter – Finish 500 / 1000 / 10000 / 100000 fights.
*Trade master – Finish 250 / 1000 / 2500 / 5000 negotiations.
*Let me try again – Fail 500 / 1000 / 5000 / 10000 fights/negotiations.
*Empire builder – Build 100 / 200 / 500 / 1000 buildings.
*Patience is a virtue – Finish 20 / 50 / 100 / 200 buildings using diamonds.

Balance changes:

Maximum guilds/map changed depending on league:

Sometimes there is just not enough space on the map for all the sweet friends and enemies to maneuver. Also, small guilds cannot compete with the big guilds and so some breathing room would work wonders!
- 4 guilds in Crystal
- 6 guilds in Diamond and Platinum
- 8 guilds in Gold, Silver and Copper

Sector locked down time:
Many people can relate that coordinating swaps every 4h is exhausting and tiresome. Everyone needs to work, go to school or sleep?!? This should free up some time to enjoy the other features of the game or focus some more on real life. ^_^
- 6h in Crystal and Diamond
- 5h in Platinum and Gold
- 4h in Gold, Silver and Copper

Negotiation rework:
Is fighting the only way? Nothing hurts more than a failed negotiation! Negotiations have been used only when managing attrition or when having no possibility to fight. To bring those master traders up on par with the fighters I propose every negotiation will get:
- 4 points instead of 2 when successful but also
- 2 points of attrition instead of 1

-Siege camps:
Reduced values depending on league:
Love to hate or hate to love – Siege Camps are the most important building in GBG. Their power needs to be addressed but not enough to change the game entirely. Also, a cap shouldn’t be necessary since 6 camps are now needed in Crystal league for example to enjoy some good old free fights.
- 18% Crystal
- 19% Diamond
- 20% Platinum
- 21% Gold
- 22% Silver
- 23% Copper

Sector building slots:

Everyone hates when it seems you are the only guild with a bad start. You are still struggling to take your first sector but other two guilds are fighting in the center.
I propose that the first sector in front of the HQ has two building slots guaranteed so that all the guilds have equal chances to get out of their comfort zone. This is already the case most of the time for at around 4 or 5 of the guilds.

Visual Aids:

Really fast mock-ups of the new Crystal League (using Diamond league assets) made in paint:

GBG Guild profile.PNG

GBG Guild profile 2.png

Balance:

What impact will those changes have:

+ GBG becomes more popular due to a new league, achievements and attractive balance changes.
+ Crystal league will bring better rewards for individuals and guilds.
+ Some separation between big/small and very active/somewhat active guilds will be achieved.
+ Sector locked down timer increase will relieve some pressure off leaders and coordinators.
+ Siege camp are nerfed but having no cap it still is possible to get plenty of rewards if enough time, goods and possibly diamonds are used.
+ Negotiating will be at the same level as fighting so two different options can be used effectively.
+ Goods producing building and Great Buildings will become more important for the above-mentioned reasons making branching event buildings more appealing towards goods.
+ Every starting position will have an equal chance to reach the map center.
+ Effectiveness and motivation reduction in using scripts, exploits and unlawful third-party software due to the “limits” and “costs” in place for the higher leagues.

Changes and adjustments required:

All numbers provided are subject to change and test thoroughly before reaching live servers but the ideas and framework are straight forward and can be implemented with no issues in the current system.
Construction time / bonuses of other GBG buildings apart from the siege camp need to be adjusted to keep everything in sync.

Abuse Prevention:

Changes mentioned are enhancing the Battlegrounds experience while actually reducing some of the possibilities for exploits. There are no major drawbacks that I can personally think of right now.

Summary:

The entire Battlegrounds “overhaul” and new features shown bring new life into the beloved part of the game and addresses some of the flaws currently present. It provides equal chances for all guilds to succeed and also a very competitive reason to advance further into the new league system.
Please let me know what you think and bring your suggestions to the discussion.
See you on the map and have fun!

romeo-rainy

Corporal
+1 GBG always needed a new league. There are some thing sthat might need to be changed to balance GBG well. I think siege camp should give 15% instead to prevent swapping and the rewards be 12 FP.

Knight of ICE

Thank you for your suggestion, but this idea is on the Do Not Suggest List to start with. Better rewards and a new battle system, so I am closing this one.

There is an active feedback thread for suggestions and discussions on GBG. Several of the suggestions you are making have already been made there, so if you want to join the discussion, start using that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.