• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GBG Booster for Weaker Guilds

• Thread starter Deleted member 118943
  • Start date

Sounds good ?

• Yeah

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Nope

Votes: 21 95.5%
  • I don't think this can be done

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

GbG is like Marmite, some either love it, or hate it. Even an 80-member guild has less than half participating in GbG just for fun and FP rewards. Small guilds have no chance of being on top of GbG rankings unless they're all Diamond spenders.

If your guild is not doing well in GbG, time to find another guild that is. A guild that has a daily obligation of 20+ minimum Attrition to join, may suit. I'm also seeing a lot of guild hoppings lately (and bootings).

DeletedUser

Wow. Namecalling already starts after 1 comment given. Ask nicely and I will tell you. Be an ass and get treated like one. So far you are getting great support, so keep it up!

Yeah mate its a game for free time you are not in real life and you are not payed for being One-Eyed among the Blinds
You namecalled <suck where they belong etc>> sorry not me
With all the Respect

I don't like rewarding people for being bad

maybe worked for you in the past

but sure should not be in this game

What do you mean Being Bad ? The idea was to motivate people try GBG why this can be bad ?

bad people get there chance to have fun

next season after they moved down because they are too bad for the league they are currently in

ok mate You are the Good , they are the Bad i got it.
Who is the Ugly ? :D

DeletedUser

Motivate them another way this will never be voted for.

Well the examples are just examples the main idea is to talk about what can be done for more participation in GBG
The Daily Quests requiring GBG attacks/negos is way more simple and maybe a lot better than my examples !

GbG is like Marmite, some either love it, or hate it. Even an 80-member guild has less than half participating in GbG just for fun and FP rewards. Small guilds have no chance of being on top of GbG rankings unless they're all Diamond spenders.

If your guild is not doing well in GbG, time to find another guild that is. A guild that has a daily obligation of 20+ minimum Attrition to join, may suit. I'm also seeing a lot of guild hoppings lately (and bootings).

Well my Guild is in very better condition as about GBG but i saw this happening on my GBG Map and i thought of this proposition !
I have seen Guilds with 20 people being not only more Active than 80 people ones but also VERY stronger than them
I Suppose its the Guilds Build and main purpose that can make such big difference

Agent327

Overlord
You namecalled <suck where they belong etc>> sorry not me
With all the Respect

That was a comment in general. Not directed at you at all.

What do you mean Being Bad ? The idea was to motivate people try GBG why this can be bad ?

He means being bad at the game. What you want has nothing to do with motivating others, but all with making it easy for them.

ok mate You are the Good , they are the Bad i got it.
Who is the Ugly ? :D

You don't get it at all, but good choice to ridicule your own proposal. That will surely help.

Well the examples are just examples the main idea is to talk about what can be done for more participation in GBG
The Daily Quests requiring GBG attacks/negos is way more simple and maybe a lot better than my examples !

In that case you should start a discussion on the subject. Not come up with a crackpot idea.

Well my Guild is in very better condition as about GBG but i saw this happening on my GBG Map and i thought of this proposition !
I have seen Guilds with 20 people being not only more Active than 80 people ones but also VERY stronger than them
I Suppose its the Guilds Build and main purpose that can make such big difference

You have no idea what the purpose of other guilds is, so you should think they need your help.

rjs66

Lieutenant
i thought the whole point of the game was to challenge you, so you make an effort to grow and become stronger to meet those challenges

without the challenge (people being given a free ride because the are smaller than others) , people will just log on , do the minimum and log off again, and start complaining that everybody has bigger and better stuff than them and can outclass them in every aspect of the game
(some people seem to do this anyway)

those that have been playing longer and have put more effort in will have bigger and better stuff, why should they be handicapped and punished (relative to newer players) for that ?
people complain that things are "not fair" for them, so their ideas are to make it unfair for others instead

if one person is given an advantage then all should be given that advantage - that is fair

DeletedUser99588

-1, Agent summed it up well.

I didn't realise ideas didn't have to be formatted anymore. Awesome!!!

Galladhorn

Monarch
Your idea has good intentions which is to create more interaction for more guilds and players but not the best outcome. If a guild has less provinces it means that it did not advance to take provinces. Essentially a Guild could then wait for others to have a hihger number of provinces then take action getting the bonus – That will essentially be a bonus for inactivity. And how would this Code you suggest be activated/selected?. Just because a Guild did not take any provinces does not nessesarily mean that it is per say a weak guild. A guild of e.g 10 members can be immensly strong depending on the individual members, their coordination of play and e.g stockpiles of Goods for negiations when attrition gets too high. A guild with many members can equally be a weak GbG guild if only very few members pariticipate or they have poor stockpiles. A guild of one member is naturally not suited for this type of play.

A guild can also choose not to do much in one season based on the other guilds that are present – it is a strategic choise. it was also already mentioned but we have just seen the very beginning of GbG and it will take a few more seasons before guilds find their right League for more balanced Battlegrounds. Already this new season here in early January are proposing a far more balanced Season to the prior seasons.

And just remember that it is called Guild Battlegounds – it comes down to guilds attracting active members that are interested in doing GbG and/or guilds changing their structures to be able to play GbG more competitive. It can not come as a surprise as also mentioned above that more players will swop guilds because of GbG. The same thing happned when GvG was going high. In this long term never ending game there is plenty of time to grow both for the individual player as well as for a guild – patience, persistence and planning are all virtues of FoE. And with the League system of GbG there will be room for nearly everybody to play GbG – it just takes some Seasons to get it balanced.

DeletedUser

in many games there are such boosters or even bounties for killing higher in rank players its not a newborn by me idea.
The true target as i said was to motivate people especially in lower leagues such as silver and cooper (some of gold looks like silver/cooper too lol)
Thanks for every feedback and second spent to read it and answer, there is always something possitive to keep even from not very well prepared ideas but this one was a directional question mostly to see what people are thinking as long as such boosters are already in market on other games !

Blayze99

Private
I do agree that there is an issue that you have identified in how competitive each GBG (and also GE) round is however I'm sorry but I don't think this is a good way to solve the issue.

I do agree with what some others have said in that increasing rewards in some way to add incentive may be a better way to go. This could include widening the gap between the already existing rewards. In my belief the difference between coming first and last in GBG is way too small in terms of rewards.

Emberguard

Legend
So, do nothing to start so you are behind. Get a magic code then smash everybody as you need to do less and have less attrition

This is precisely why it'd need to be something that doesn’t start until the first reset after starting if it were ever a thing.

Ive seen games before that use systems like whats being proposed. It rarely makes for better competition if its applied to whoever’s in last and changes with the positions changing during the competition.

Either those that would have won win anyway because theyre better at the game and utilise the boost more effectively -OR- it compensates too much in a way that makes it impossible for the best guilds to ever win.

It’s much easier to balance when the bonus is based on their performance in the previous round. Aka a underdog bonus. Which is already there in regards to the MMR changes and rewards gained if versing a guild from a different league, but not there in terms of the actual VP or advances needed

Mind you there was one game show I watched where whoever is in the lead can give up that lead in exchange for a reward. That system worked quite well as it doesn’t punish players for being good but rather gives a choice of whether they wish to trade receiving a handicap for a reward

Last edited:

DeletedUser

It’s much easier to balance when the bonus is based on their performance in the previous round. Aka a underdog bonus.
let me ask, does the previous round position affects where the guild will be placed (i mean between which guilds) on the current map ?
i havent seen so till now and i think its kind of only helping the stronger since the weak cant do anything if they start in the middle of 2 very strong guilds
(strong according to their last gbg results ofcurse)

let me ask, does the previous round position affects where the guild will be placed (i mean between which guilds) on the current map ?
i havent seen so till now and i think its kind of only helping the stronger since the weak cant do anything if they start in the middle of 2 very strong guilds
from personal observation it appears that the 2 highest ranked guilds start with the slight advantage of higher point sectors in front of them and usually opposite on the map, but this could just be coincidence in the couple of times I've looked at it

DeletedUser

from personal observation it appears that the 2 highest ranked guilds start with the slight advantage of higher point sectors in front of them and usually opposite on the map, but this could just be coincidence in the couple of times I've looked at it
i think its totally random, or thats what i have seen till now

Agent327

Overlord

MMR affects where the guilds will be placed. Guild with the lowest MMR is placed in the 12 o'clock spot and clockwise MMR increases.

Nothing random about it buddy.

DeletedUser

MMR affects where the guilds will be placed. Guild with the lowest MMR is placed in the 12 o'clock spot and clockwise MMR increases.

Nothing random about it buddy.
so the Guild with the highest MMR is <<benefited>> correct?
Thanks for info

DeletedUser

Basically it is balanced, but the lowest one on the map is screwed.
They could make it by choice, the lowest guild by mmr or by his performance on previous round can select 1st where he will start.
They could even make it by Auction either by time or either by 1,2 or 3 maximum bids.
Or a different one in every League.
Just leaving some feedback for future search - research