• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Unformatted: GbG adjustment

JudgeDredd81

Private
Finger's idea sounds better to me, as overall ofc.
not sure if it will make Dredd's issue dissapear, as he might meet again all those guilds hes actually trying to avoid with his idea, maybe for 2-3 rounds more or less.

as for the siege camps, again, if the maps where limited, then farming would aswell be limited (at least not expoitable), so my idea for that, would again be balancing via competetion. all big clubs on 1-2 diamond maps, depending to what each world has , then the rest within 1-3 platinum, 2-4 gold and silver-cooper, make them unlimited with reduced chance for SoH fragments as rewards..
(not that this will ever happen, but come exploit that lol)
What would the end goal be diffrent from max CAP conquering sectors a round?

JudgeDredd Promoting your idea in comments and discussing it is fine. But you need to add a vote to your idea. It will probably only get forwarded if it gets enough yes votes.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Only problem with the suggestion is that the feature is called GUILD BATTLEGROUNDS not GUILD SHARING GROUNDS some guilds share some don’t change the record everyone keeps repeating themselves, it’s a cash cow for Inno at the end of the day, you think developer didn’t know guild would team up and use diamonds more frequently than any other FoE feature in the the last 7-10 years

r21r

Major-General
What would the end goal be diffrent from max CAP conquering sectors a round?
if you compared with what i have in mind as siege camp limitation, the difference is that with your way you have to tell people "don't", while the other way, you just put them all together and let them realise they can't.
as i said, i don't believe they will ever move that way, reseting the LP seems more realistic to me, but you never know.

i wouldn't vote for a CAP, but i agree on the reasoning part (smaller guilds shouldn't be 1st) at diamond and 2nd) matched with <<beasts>>)
for LP reset every 9months ~ 15months (that should vary depending the world etc) i would vote for

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
get rid of sc, that will slow everyone down in the game, players will only be allowed to fight upto what there attr will let them, yes bigger players who have been around a long time will always be able to do more but then that is only right as they have higher stats
but everyone would then be able to do what there stats will let them over the attr and you will get a much fairer result, and also as you improve so to will your stats and you get to do more fights, keep it the way it is then all the big hitters or even small hitters can suddenly become super fighters all because of sc keeping attr down

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
get rid of sc, that will slow everyone down in the game, players will only be allowed to fight upto what there attr will let them, yes bigger players who have been around a long time will always be able to do more but then that is only right as they have higher stats
but everyone would then be able to do what there stats will let them over the attr and you will get a much fairer result, and also as you improve so to will your stats and you get to do more fights, keep it the way it is then all the big hitters or even small hitters can suddenly become super fighters all because of sc keeping attr down
Super farmers you mean, or Sc warriors, your bang on the money and something i would love to see but wont hold my breath

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
There are people who can negotiate past 130 attrition. Daily. Just getting rid of SC is not a solution, there should be balance between fighting and negotiation.
so what if there are people who can get past 130 ? good luck to them its not about stopping anyone working to there strengths, its about creating fair play, there are 1000s of players who can get past 3k fights all thanks to sc and they never would if they had no sc keeping there attr at zero, most people struggle once there past 50 fights with no sc support, that is a much more balanced and true picture

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer
That's the point, it's not fair to those who fight. Removing SC will just shift the balance towards negotiation. Limiting SC bonus to 75% is a much better idea, for example. Not sure it solves everything though.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
That's the point, it's not fair to those who fight. Removing SC will just shift the balance towards negotiation. Limiting SC bonus to 75% is a much better idea, for example. Not sure it solves everything though.
The novelty would soon wear off, negotiating should be banned from “battlegrounds” and as long as people pay diamonds to rush the province buildings nothing will be done about it

50% of provinces is far too much. In our current GbG 2 Guilds hold 22 province each with the remain 6 holding 16 between them. If we can’t have better Guild matching then limiting the number of provinces held to a maximum of 11 or 12 is the only way to allow more Guilds to enjoy GbG.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Time to lock the thread never heard so much waffle trying to cap stronger guilds in a fighting game, take a good long look at yourselves and ask why are you even playing this game, doesn't the word competition mean anything anymore? Farmville awaits you all

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
There are 4 levels of GbG - and the higher you go, the higher the competition is. If you are in a level that you do not feel you can compete in, then you do not belong in that level and should go down a level. If you do not feel you should have to go down a level, they you will have to learn how to play at the higher level, or you will not. And if you do not - then you will quickly enough lose LP so you will automatically go down a level where you probably have better chance to compete.
This is like you saying you have gone to Vegas, and have been invited to the High Rollers table (Diamond League), but because you cannot afford the $1000 ante, you think they should create special tables for you. Well, if you cannot afford to ante with the High Rollers, then you do not belong with the High Rollers.
And so what if the sectors get taken in a blink of an eye?? That is all part of the game - and the speed with which sectors get taken is usually much higher when you are playing against the High Rollers.
Stay in the gold, or preferable Silver League, and enjoy playing a level that you feel you can compete in.
the only problem with that, is that guilds now seem to refuse to take sectors, in low leagues so they can stay bottom, so any guilds who play will auto get moved up as they will win top spot,
then of course they will meet the big hitters, who love to squeeze the small guilds as they can feel great like there super fighters or what ever, believe me they will soon start crying if it was them that was frozen out and pinned down to not be able to compete.

the game is flawed big time smaller guilds should never be moved into the big hitters league until they stand a chance, ie they have a good sqaud of players who can hit these big heads for 6,

the big guilds should always face each other so they have to compete, the smaller ones should also have to face each other so they can compete not big guilds v small ones as its like bows and arrows v tanks

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Time to lock the thread never heard so much waffle trying to cap stronger guilds in a fighting game, take a good long look at yourselves and ask why are you even playing this game, doesn't the word competition mean anything anymore? Farmville awaits you all
what competition ?
you can not call it competition if your facing a number 1 guild who then set about cheating working with other guilds to keep the rest out, and you are a small guild
one thing this game isnt about is competition, to many players cheating at all roads for any real serious competition to take place.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
what competition ?
you can not call it competition if your facing a number 1 guild who then set about cheating working with other guilds to keep the rest out, and you are a small guild
one thing this game isnt about is competition, to many players cheating at all roads for any real serious competition to take place.
In any normal competition there are winners and losers.. you have serious hang ups on GbG, im in a gold league through choice but i have no challenge so does that mean i always have to face the same guilds becuase im a small guild?, when i was in copper league a month ago i was one person took 20 provinces should i stay in copper league becuase i was a one man guild? Your argument is flawed . Some guilds/players play for fun and dont get upset over the game, you on the other hand constantly whine about it, dont get so attached learn to let things go... shall we tie up Usain bolts shoelaces so the other 7 sprinters have a chance of beating him in a race.

what competition ?
Guilds working together is not cheating. The problem is, that strong and weak guilds get matched together in the same league.
However, if only the equally strong guilds get matched together, we get the problem, that the same few guilds will tend to end up against each other over and over. Thus the need for cross server leagues.

Last edited:

r21r

Major-General
Farmville awaits you all
:D:D
In any normal competition there are winners and losers.. you have serious hang ups on GbG, im in a gold league through choice but i have no challenge so does that mean i always have to face the same guilds becuase im a small guild?, when i was in copper league a month ago i was one person took 20 provinces should i stay in copper league becuase i was a one man guild? Your argument is flawed . Some guilds/players play for fun and dont get upset over the game, you on the other hand constantly whine about it, dont get so attached learn to let things go... shall we tie up Usain bolts shoelaces so the other 7 sprinters have a chance of beating him in a race.
the gap between average and top guilds is huge frizz, i havent seen every each one complainers map and case, but i have seen guilds taking over the WHOLE map within 10min, maybe less..
cap or not, they shouldn't be together on the same map, put all the "hardcore" - (not human/nolifers) on the same map, and let them Battle for salvation.
there is no point "splitting" them via ID related match ups - who did that, either wanted to please the so called "top" dogs OR with all the respect has no idea whats actually going on , on battlegrounds lol.

imagine noodles+thors+hand+DQ+(whatever else is strong) on the same map. wouldn't that be a fair Battle ?

maxy P gets matched with the hand instead :'D poor ronnie haha

PS they shouldn't even be in Diamond folks, this needs not much brain to see . relax game ok, this is stupid with all the respect, i cant find better definition lol
(and for what ? +3FPs ? cmmon)

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
i know the gap is huge tinker, but that the price we pay, killer ronnie bounces between plat and diamond but he expects that and so should most guilds if they are not say on the top 20 guilds on the server, the other guild just farm together and it has become the norm. unless something is done about province buildings to balance out gbg it will not change so need to except the situation, only solution they could remove all province buildings and make it a battle of attrition not current climate with Zero punishment, but still some will complain becuse the bigger guilds would and should still win.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
i know the gap is huge tinker, but that the price we pay, killer ronnie bounces between plat and diamond but he expects that and so should most guilds if they are not say on the top 20 guilds on the server, the other guild just farm together and it has become the norm. unless something is done about province buildings to balance out gbg it will not change so need to except the situation, only solution they could remove all province buildings and make it a battle of attrition not current climate with Zero punishment, but still some will complain becuse the bigger guilds would and should still win.
no one is complaining that big guilds win, so long as its fair play, who can complain about anyone winning so long as its fair ?
big guild need to face the best opposition there is around, as who can beat there chest claiming to be a winner if all they do is beat up small weaklings ?

would you put the number 1000 boxer in the world with the world champion ? it would hardly be a fair fight at all

someone mentioned a cross server match up for leagues and i think that has a lot of merit, that way guilds in there own leagues can face guilds from the same leagues but from different worlds
something needs to be done to keep the best facing the best and the weak facing the weak until of course the weak can get better and move up only when there strong enough ?

as its stands i look down on these so called top guilds with so called top fighters as they are nothing as they can only beat weak teams and cheat the maps to make sure no one else gets a look in

one rule there should be is co op between guilds should not be allowed, lets see how good these so called top guilds are when everyone gets a crack at the game ?