• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fixed: GB Levels being deleted with Donator FPs

• Thread starter DeletedUser103987
  • Start date

DeletedUser109966

apparently it was profitable for high arc players to invest in oracle of delphi but I have no idea what level but apparently profitable enough
that players where leveling it up to a certain level and rip it down and start leveling it back again and the cost of leveling the oracle was less then the amount
received from arc + bonus

so but doing that lots of time people get lots of packs and after that distributes fps across lots of gbs but most of people like were not aware of that exploit
as I dont have high arc

imagine investing like 1000 fps and receiving everytime 1500 back

I dont know numbers and didnt find any but apparently it was huge amount (bad programming and no testing done on that)

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/great-building-levels.34395/

OK.. all well and good, poor INNO maths yet again... and I did invest in a couple of Oracles, but I haven't even managed to win a set yet... and couldn't have spent more than about 200fps in total on Oracles and probably haven't even made a single fp... why on earth have I just lost 25 levels on my Kraken ??... plus my investments in loads of other players GBs whose levels have disapperared ??... what the hell of a kind of fix is that ??

Addonexus

Chief Warrant Officer
Fak you all for my 1FP collection from 76 kraken, 10k FP loss and 75 levels lost. YOU ARE TRULLY THE WORST, CONGRATS, i cant imagine a team like yours. May i add all my positive experiences with inno from the past years? you are horrorsome gusy,if you need help ask me.

DeletedUser108965

I'm a high arc player. I invested a total of 57 fps into an Oracle, I got exactly 57fps in return. I invested at 0% profit as part of my gb levelling group.

The cost to my account is 31 lost levels on my Cape and approx 6k fps in investments and packs from inventory.

Please explain to me what I did that was so wrong that I and my city should be punished in such an unfair manner?

----------------------

As for these Oracles that were being put up and down, where are they and where would they have got so many bps to be able to continue doing this for long enough to throw the balance of the game out?

IF there were suspicions or evidence of any player doing that, then surely the mods or whomever could have simply looked at those accounts and closed those down, temporarily or otherwise. Someone must have reported something that raised this issue right?

You could have simply stopped all donations to Oracles until you found the said culprits.

My guess is, by the actions they took, they have no intention of returning lost levels, or fps to anyone.

I'd like someone from Inno to explain to me why they think I, or anyone else should continue to play and support this company?

Ceban

Brigadier-General
I cant belive that solution for all their problems is 'lets delete levels where oracle investors invested their FPs' did they even considered possibility that owner of building wich they are erasing dont even have clue that someone exploited that damn oracle and that he wasnt even aware that it is possible???

DeletedUser109966

I cant belive that solution for all their problems is 'lets delete levels where oracle investors invested their FPs' did they even considered possibility that owner of building wich they are erasing dont even have clue that someone exploited that damn oracle and that he wasnt even aware that it is possible???

I agree... I don't think INNO have any intention of returning the levels. They are gambling that many will just accept it and if some leave, who cares. You wait and see...

DeletedUser12146

On GB ranking list GB's were refreshed to new/bugged levels; not a good sign :)

W5QEekm.png

To:
nyTsJJ9.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser108331

Avoiding Bugged GBs

Like everyone I know, I am avoiding contributions to bugged GBs on the assumption that the GBs will eventually be fixed.

If you want to check if a GB is bugged before contributing, then it seems (from the ones I have checked) that the previous completed level has no contributors (shows "There are no contributors yet"). Note, it may be an even earlier level that has not contributors if the GB have levelled since it was initially bugged.

DeletedUser103987

I'm out until it's fixed - lost 20+ arc levels, thousands in packs and I didn't even know what the silly bug was with the Oracle. Great to see I've been hit for something out of my control and the usual level of customer support is next to none.

DeletedUser111502

All this has done is further expose Inno's inability to run a game (do their job).

They had revenues of 130+mil euros last year. In return it seems to be:

Problem:

Inno release a GB that is overly profitable (Inno's fault). Players see it and try to make some FPs and some take it too far and go in to full exploitation mode (which wouldn't have happened if Inno got it right in the first place).

Solution:

Just delete hundreds of thousands of FPs from the game and ruin thousands players of progress regardless of whether they have had anything to do with the Oracle Exploit or not.

How inept can you possibly get? Inno continually shows utter disregard to the view and opinions of it's customers and once again they're going to do the same and probably screw thousands of innocent players over who have had nothing to do with the Oracle.

I'm one of the fortunate ones. I've only lost 250 FPs from contributing to a Kraken which seems to have been busted back down to level 1 for whatever bizarre reason. I also know full well that the GB owner has never contributed to an Oracle.

There is a team member within my guild who has lost dozens of levels in his arc. He has never contributed to an Oracle and all of the contributors to his Arc have also never contributed to an Oracle (why would we? It's a rubbish GB). He is at the point where he is considering walking away from the game completely because of how poorly this has been handled and years of hard work has been undone because if Inno's inability to do their job.

I have stated many many times to Inno - Listen to your customers!! Your actions are damaging your reputation and customer retention.

DeletedUser103902

I think that anyone who exploited this GB has to have something done sorry but you just have to suck it up, just like if you do FPs swaps across worlds or other such things BUT IT IS UNFAIR to punish everyone who gave a helping hand to a newbie get a first GB or loses Levels because someone put in to your GB that WAS or WASN'T exploiting this GB....For me the ARC killed FPs swaps and to some the only point of the game is to get the highest GB now, GVG finishing at AA (which is a load of rubbish), people no longer have to keep going up eras...so they can sit and rise high GBS... I do feel sorry for the levels lost to those who didn't know...but I think this forum would have more than 3 pages of comments if everyone was so guilt free.

DeletedUser12146

I think that anyone who exploited this GB has to have something done sorry but you just have to suck it up, just like it you do FPs swaps across worlds or other such things BUT IT IS UNFAIR to punish everyone who gave a helping hand to a newbie get a first GB or loses Levels because someone put in to your GB that was or was not exploiting this GB....For me the ARC killed FPs swaps and to some the only point of the game is to get the highest GB now, GVG finishing at AA (which is a load of rubbish), people no longer have to keep going up eras...so they can sit and rise high GBS... I do feel sorry for the levels lost to those who didn't know...but I think this forum would have more than 3 pages of comments if everyone was so guilt free.
This could be easy solveable if they just banned the users who exploited new GB.

DeletedUser111502

I think that anyone who exploited this GB has to have something done sorry but you just have to suck it up, just like it you do FPs swaps across worlds or other such things BUT IT IS UNFAIR to punish everyone who gave a helping hand to a newbie get a first GB or loses Levels because someone put in to your GB that was or was not exploiting this GB....For me the ARC killed FPs swaps and to some the only point of the game is to get the highest GB now, GVG finishing at AA (which is a load of rubbish), people no longer have to keep going up eras...so they can sit and rise high GBS... I do feel sorry for the levels lost to those who didn't know...but I think this forum would have more than 3 pages of comments if everyone was so guilt free.

I think there's a lot more people who knew nothing about this Oracle issue than those who did and exploited it. The proportion of players who are active in the forums is very low. I know that nobody who I associate with in the game knew about it but I know plenty who have been affected.

DeletedUser110180

If this is not fixed, and very soon...I will be seeking a full refund on my game as it is clearly broken...you can take your FoE and you know what you can do with it....just about had it with al, these bugs....so stop with lame excuses and fix the issue, it's not like some of us haven't invested a lot of money in this game

DeletedUser103902

I think there's a lot more people who knew nothing about this Oracle issue than those who did and exploited it. The proportion of players who are active in the forums is very low. I know that nobody who I associate with in the game knew about it but I know plenty who have been affected.
I didn't even know about it....but my game play is not getting high GBs, I did say I do feel sorry for those who didn't know so FoE have to do something.

DeletedUser110367

The abuse of a GB is only valid because of Inno changes. End of the day the game has had the Arc for many years and everyone knows the REAL value of the arc and the power behind it. Inno should always know this, they are ones who created it. Therefore when they were implementing the new GB there were many ways to avoid this. However inno action was to add a general script that looked at everyone, and if people met the condition then they were treated as a criminal. No Messages, no conversation, no choices - straight to execution. They were treated like they abused this function when Inno should have done it manually and checked, maybe someone taking shortcuts?

However I work with software and devastation it can cause when software goes "live" with a bug for the customers.
So I understand the mistake the Inno Developers or implementation team have caused, however the reaction has not been ideal. The communication from the higher up people earning profit and living the high life has not been great. End of the day Inno caused the issue and instead of doing an urgent check or rollback, people went home as normal at office closure. From what I have read, Inno makes millions by providing a service and I would have expected developers and teams looking at the problem, regardless if it was office time or not. That is what is expected by any company who suffers "downtime" or issues with their system. One extreme, Air Traffic Software .."don't worry guys..the planes route are not accurate..but work with it..and we will get back to you - his on lunch right now"

But we just don't know the real update or information, all we are being told.. Wait...we will get back to you...

DeletedUser111589

I think it would be better had they not took back those FP but stopped further increase/exploit and gave the rest of player few thousands of FP. The large giveaway would be outrageous and costly for Inno but it would quench this current situation and exploiters would have nothing to say about it (nor the innocent ones hit by GB restart)

Belergon

Private
Not to mention that I have lost 67 levels from my Kraken, I am loosing daily lots of fp because of that. Not to mention all the thousands of invested fp into various Krakens. I am certain that if Inno is capable of deducting fp from exploiters then they are more then capable of adding all the lost fp to those, 99% or population, who didn’t abuse Oracle.
It would be nice if one of the managers could confirm that this is the case.