• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GB Etiquette

Walachia

Private
Are there any general rules around GB's and adding FP and moving GB's to the next level. do you need to ask for permission prior?

any info will help, i don't want to be upsetting anyone.

thanks

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
You can do whatever you want to do. In general though, the more 'standard etiquette' would be
1) no sniping guildie GBs. You will probably have a general set of swaps and a 1.9 that you can use for adding FPs
2) sniping people on your friends list can be seen negatively. However, you may find friends that are okay with FPs being added at any time -- those are good friends to have
3) do whatever you want to people on your neighborhood GBs. You owe them nothing, they owe you nothing, so you should feel free to add as you wish.
4) you will find a number of people quite upset with any kind of sniping. Anyone (especially on your neighborhood) that gets upset with you - just send back a cheerful reply, thanking them for having the GB open for your opportunity.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
do whatever you wish, take no notice of players who scream your snipping them as there is no such thing, its just made up by the players themselves as they like to feel they can control who makes points from there gbs which just isnt the way, they are lucky as there gb levels and it costs them hardly anything, but they do moan if it costs them a few extra but as i say take no notice of them and play the game the way you want

Walachia

Private
thank you both, very helpful.

1) no sniping guildie GBs. You will probably have a general set of swaps and a 1.9 that you can use for adding FPs

does snipping mean bumping a player down a level? have no idea about the 1.9? what does this mean.

my guild has swaps however it's dominated with a certain few and you can't ever even get in the 5th place slot to get the bonus.

maybe i am in the wrong guild!!

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
thank you both, very helpful.

does snipping mean bumping a player down a level? have no idea about the 1.9? what does this mean.

my guild has swaps however it's dominated with a certain few and you can't ever even get in the 5th place slot to get the bonus.

maybe i am in the wrong guild!!
Can always ask your guild leader to help you secure lower positions if you after more blue prints

Shad23

Emperor
sniping is securing a spot at a rate lower then 1.9 , 1,9 is bonus offered by your Arc at lvl 80 maybe someone else could care enough to explain 1.9 more in details to you am not the best to explain it

How can I tell who put points on my GB? I try not to level certain buildings (Alcatraz, CDM etc, where leveling uses up the rewards from those buildings) and would like to tell people who level mine that I'd appreciate them not doing it. But how do I know who did the leveling?

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
no rules with gbs, you can donate as much as you wish,
it helps players to level there gbs faster, that should be all players are concerned about, but many players do get all hung up about being snipped
but the truth is if people put in enough fps that no one can over take them then they can not be snipped, there own lazy ways and them trying to make profits etc out of gbs causes problems, so some players try to invent there own rules to make it a sin to dare to over take them, but take no notice its there own fault if they do not put in enough fps they have no rights at all over what they can expect back, only if they secure there own postions its that simple

Zec Rich

Private
I had someone message after I sniped their GB claiming they lost 200fps on a CDM going from level 13 to 14 and wanted repaying.
They did not lose 200fps on their own CDM at that level,
Owner added 510 1st place pushed to 2nd added who added 109, I sniped & levelled using 154fps for 1st (110+99 reward) and so I just replied "cheque is in the post!"

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Nothing wrong with what you did at all. And you absolutely do not owe that other player a single FP.
If that person feels that they should be in an absolute position of 1st (2nd or whatever), then it is up to them to secure it - nobody else. No matter what happens, the owner of the GB received free FPs from you and the poor/bad player that you are referring to.