• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Duplicate: game very slow and high graphics usage for progressive and industrial era

eeyore

Corporal
  • Arvahall
  • Firefox 22.0
  • Overview of the bug:high graphics usage
  • Screenshots:none
  • Occurs always
  • Urgency:?
  • Preventative Actions: not play the game
  • Summary:On motivating / polishing neighbours in the progressive and industrial era the game slows down greatly, increasing usage of processor; e.g. macbook heats up to 80C! Game is slow to respond (even on 12GB RAM on desktop Mac Pro) when moving on from neighbour to neighbour. Very poor performance and by FAR too intense for normal graphics.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported:Yes
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum:searched "game slow" and "graphics" but found nothing relevant

DeletedUser

This has already been reported several times and a fix is currently being developed.

I understand your frustrations and that you're looking for as quick of an answer/solution as possible, but please in the future, use the forum search feature to check if the problem has already been reported. This will help keep the bug report section neat and tidy which means less time spent on reading all the posted bug threads, and more time spent on working on a solution. Also, searching allows you to see others with the same issue and how to fix it if it is a bug that's fixable by the player, or at least a possible work around until permanent fix is released.

DeletedUser97249

Any update on this? The game has got particularly slow on both my mac's in the past 6-8 weeks.