• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Game not loading

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
  • World: Fel Dranghyr & Arvahall

• Browser and Version: Chrome Version 44.0.2403.155 m (latest)

• Overview of the bug: I am not able to load the game

• Screenshots: Its just a blank blue screen that comes before the Loading Screen.

• How often this occurs: I am not able to get in to the game for the whole day today - say about for the last 14 hrs.

• Urgency: Very Urgent

• Preventative Actions: Emptied Cache ...refreshed the game many times over ... Updated my drivers ...tried to load it in a different browser (MS Edge) .... Tried to load it in Incognito Mode ...

• Summary: I had an update in Windows 10 yesterday and Later my nvidia graphics card also got updated .. Today when i tried to log in I was able to get to the login page where i can choose the world ... but once I chose the world the game never loads ... I never got the game loading screen ..Its only been the blue screen ... there's a message below which says "searching for available socket" for few minutes and then that also vanishes leaving me to watch the blue screen ... I am not really sure whats wrong suddenly but i dont think anything's actually wrong with my computer as I am able to load all other websites which needs flash / graphics card.. I am even able to play Inno's another game - Elvenar, without any issues which I think needs more or less the same requirements as this game. There have been times when I keep refreshing the loading screen is seen but then it just goes upto some % and stops usually around 74% (also seen stopping at 53 -54% one or 2 times)

• I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Done to the best of my knowledge ...

• Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum:
Yes (mentioned above all that I have tried)

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
Nobody around to help ??? Been more than 2 hours since i reported this complaint .. and I m still very much having it ... Waiting for a reply or a solution ...

DeletedUser16026

Thank you for reporting this to us, ddevil, sorry that you're experiencing login issues. If your issue's urgent and prevents you from playing the game, you may want to contact support by sending a ticket, as you would receive a response faster there.

Win10 is a bit slower than its predecessors at the moment due to some unexpected issues with the OS, but these should not prevent you from loading the game. FoE is heavier than Elvenar both with graphics and with memory, so loading the game could be slower than loading Elvenar. Can you please make sure you're trying to load the game through https (https://en.forgeofempires.com/page/) and can you double check your connection (if your connection is slower, let the "loading" screen stay up for a longer time as after a cache clearing or when loading the game for the first time on a browser it's going to take longer than usual).

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
Thank you for reporting this to us, ddevil, sorry that you're experiencing login issues. If your issue's urgent and prevents you from playing the game, you may want to contact support by sending a ticket, as you would receive a response faster there.

Win10 is a bit slower than its predecessors at the moment due to some unexpected issues with the OS, but these should not prevent you from loading the game. FoE is heavier than Elvenar both with graphics and with memory, so loading the game could be slower than loading Elvenar. Can you please make sure you're trying to load the game through https (https://en.forgeofempires.com/page/) and can you double check your connection (if your connection is slower, let the "loading" screen stay up for a longer time as after a cache clearing or when loading the game for the first time on a browser it's going to take longer than usual).

Darkstar My issue was handled by another ingame mod and I contacted the support on that mod's instruction already ... My issue was on Chrome and not on MS Edge ...I only tried it on MS Edge to check if the same issue persists on another browser ... Thats why I have mentioned it in Preventive measures I took and not in the Web Browser I am using .... Also I think I have clearly mentioned that I had no issues whatsoever one night back and this problem started suddenly yesterday after the updates on my computer... Its the same web address I have been using it all the while so no issues there.... The game does not load but the login page loads completely and fully with all the images ... Its only the loading screen that was not working yesterday ... And the game also loaded once in while but I was not able to do anything in it and many times the loading screen showed up too, stopping at 74 -75% and sometimes 53-55% which I have mentioned very clearly in my Report ... And the funny thing is that I did not do anything at all and everything became alright by today ... I am able to play the game So obviously the issue was not on my computer but something to do on the Inno server side as far as I know ... I tried till late last night and when i couldnt load the game I closed the game switched off the computer and retired for the night ... when I tried to open the game the first thing in the morning it was like nothing ever was wrong with it ... Nothing added in between but the game was working perfectly alright this time ... SO I would like to say one thing that if someone complains about some issues in the game it need not be always the players computer ...there can be mistakes on the Game side too ... and I request you to try and check on the other side too in future before saying about what might be wrong with the players computer .... thank you

My issue has been resolved on its own ... and I would like to thank the Ingame Mod who tried to help me and did check on the game when i was having the issue and also answer me on my ticket too ...

regards

ddevil

DeletedUser16026

Of course there are issues on the game sides, we do not claim the opposite. But when something is affecting just you and no one else, we need to figure out what exactly is causing that. The various suggestions are not a way to blame it on your device, it's a way to figure out precisely what is happening and why -you- would be affected but -others- aren't. We need to test various things to locate the source of the issue.

Glad to hear the issue has resolved itself. Enjoy the game.