• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fixed: Game not loading at all (PC/EN) - various servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnaK1972

Private
I'm not very technical - is there anything we can do, or do we just have to wait for the official people to notice and fix it?

labmoo2

Private
Looks like someone broke the code:

Code:
_main.js?v=2.5.10.1:653 SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input
    at JSON.parse (<anonymous>)
    at ForgeHX-82c704b7.js:formatted:144379:32

Edit: Yup this api call returns invalid JSON:

no idea what that means. is it something that can affect some users and not others? don't understand how some can log in fine and others can't.

gusofnl

Private
I have same problem tried two diff computers and my Mobile, I play in 6 world's....gotta be Inno problem !!

Both me and my partner in the UK, use firefox, working for him but not for me. Was fine before the update! Mine only loads to 50% on en5 and en9 and his is OK on en9. Hope they fix it soon! Getting withdrawal symtoms! ;)

darkreason

Private
  • World: en4, en9, en11 worlds that I play on (probably affecting others too)
  • Browser and Version: Chrome v96.0.4664.110, also Edge v96.0.1054.62
  • Overview of the bug: after initial home page (en0.forgeofempires.com), I select the world to play on, and then the game fails to load. Stuck on InnoGames logo with "hourglass" spinny thing below it, on black screen. No progress, it just remains stuck there, does not load the game.
  • Screenshots: No need, it's a basic black screen with nothing but the Innogames logo.
  • How often this occurs: Continuous since 7:30am Pacific standard time, January 3 (i.e. 3:30pm server time), no change, unable to connect into game at all since that time. Problem may have started earlier, that's just when I started.
  • Urgency: Urgent, critical problem, prevents playing the game at all.
  • Preventative Actions tried: Rebooted (no help); disabled FoEHelper addon; disabled Norton Safe Web addon; nothing works.
  • Summary: Game fails to load, stuck on initial black pre-load screen with InnoGames logo. Trying to connect from west coast of Canada.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes it has been reported by others, but without all this template info. It may be related to a game update 1.221 scheduled for today January 3 (https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/update-to-1-221.45019/).
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods? Yes, no luck.

System info: Unable to load into game to collect this info as per the bug report section.

Hardware acceleration: Yes, Chrome hardware acceleration is enabled.
This is happening in all browsers, its not the user the problem is server related in my opinion.

darkreason

Private
This is happening in all browsers, its not the user the problem is server related in my opinion.
Different servers for different countries ,this is a server issue, and they should be sorting it out at their end and not telling players to check their browsers or setting.

no idea what that means. is it something that can affect some users and not others? don't understand how some can log in fine and others can't.

darkreason

Private
just refreshes? does nothing else for me.
nor me, Ive been playing a month now and if this is how they treat customers ill be finding another game. Its all about the money if they cared they would fix this, and stop saying its the browser which is a standard response from game sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.