• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Game freezes in Google Chrome

Cuthwolf

Captain
If I am playing the game in Chrome and open another tab, when I go back to the FoE tab the game is frozen and I cannot do anything other that close that tab.

Does anyone else get this? Is there a fix? It only started today.

DeletedUser110179

I found it worthwhile opening FoE in a totally separate window after occasional crashes while browsing.
Using Chrome ... Goto Options > More Tools > Add to Desktop [Open as Window].

This not only has the benefit of letting FoE run in it's own box ... but maximises the available screen space (without tabs and addresses bar) ... a kind of mini-fullscreen.

DeletedUser105639

I have this issue. I found that resizing the screen (either way) unfreezes it, then I reset screen size to 100%.

DeletedUser

If I am playing the game in Chrome and open another tab, when I go back to the FoE tab the game is frozen and I cannot do anything other that close that tab.

Does anyone else get this? Is there a fix? It only started today.
The main reason why this happens is the way new versions of Chrome handle Flash. Actually, annoying as it is, it is supposed to happen. As the previous posters have said, there are ways to try and sort it out, but the definitive fix will come with the html5 version of the game.

DeletedUser110179

the definitive fix will come with the html5 version of the game.
Awesome ...

objectives-character 200px.jpg