• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Game designed for Diamonds purchases

DeletedUser110488

To whom it may concern in FoE.
It's becoming increasingly difficult to finish all quests of all events, like this latest one. In fact, I don't remember the last time I was able to finish an event.
The collecting of trees was a little better this year, in Korch, but almost none in other worlds.

It seems the events are designed to make members spend diamonds; this is not always possible, so events go unfinished.

I used to play in all worlds but now I am down to 3; I'm also thinking to stop altogether because I find no satisfaction in attempting to finish an event to see that I'm not able. You might say this because of the layout of my city which is a valid point for Korch, but not in H and C worlds; there too the events go unfinished.
There is no fun in the struggle, believe me, and I'm not happy. :(
I'm sure one less player will not make much difference, but one player may know many other people that will not play FoE because of bad publicity from a player that quits the game altogether.
There is no need to reply. I'm merely letting you know that you have let me down and for this reason, I find very little enjoyment in the game; in fact, if it wasn't for friends I made in this game I would have quit a lot sooner.
Happy Easter!
VQ

Galladhorn

Monarch
Hi, I am replying anyway.

This last Spring event was certainly doable without using diamonds – perhaps one would not get into the Bronze leaqe or above, but getting one Pagoda up at level 7 was doable with "normal" play. And yes there is a tree pickup that plays into the luck as well. I have two cities and one a fully teched VF city and the other a EMA city – I managed to get a Pagoda from each and I did use 200 Diamonds to see if could get the EMA city into Silver leage. In fact both cities were going through the event at the nearly same pace all the way through.

When you write that you could not finish the Event, does that mean you could not solve all the Quests ?. – And if could your perhaps describe what Quests were causing your Trouble to solve. It is rather difficult to give some advice on gameplay and/or City planning not knowing how your play the different cities. E.g some players are Camping in Bronze or Iron Age – That certainly does not make it easer to solve all the tasks.

Also how frustatrating it might be – the fact is that FoE is free game, and naturally Inno must make their income somewhere – that is done through the sales of Diamonds, that is not a unique or uncommon game setup – many games works in this way.

– In any case help share a bit of light what has caused your trouble finihsing the Event(s).
Cheers

DeletedUser116830

It is possible to finish without diamonds.
In fact, I probably could have gotten into Silver League had I tried harder.

DeletedUser110488

You must spend a lot of time at the computer then... luxury some of us don't have.

To whom it may concern in FoE.
It's becoming increasingly difficult to finish all quests of all events, like this latest one. In fact, I don't remember the last time I was able to finish an event.
The collecting of trees was a little better this year, in Korch, but almost none in other worlds.

It seems the events are designed to make members spend diamonds; this is not always possible, so events go unfinished.

I used to play in all worlds but now I am down to 3; I'm also thinking to stop altogether because I find no satisfaction in attempting to finish an event to see that I'm not able. You might say this because of the layout of my city which is a valid point for Korch, but not in H and C worlds; there too the events go unfinished.
There is no fun in the struggle, believe me, and I'm not happy. :(
I'm sure one less player will not make much difference, but one player may know many other people that will not play FoE because of bad publicity from a player that quits the game altogether.
There is no need to reply. I'm merely letting you know that you have let me down and for this reason, I find very little enjoyment in the game; in fact, if it wasn't for friends I made in this game I would have quit a lot sooner.
Happy Easter!
VQ
It is possible to finish without diamonds.
In fact, I probably could have gotten into Silver League had I tried harder.

DeletedUser110488

Yes, I'm sure you can finish it if you have a great deal of time at the pc/mobile; luxury some of us do not have.

DeletedUser110488

It's best to stick to the basics of the game and avoid events altogether, or better yet find another game that brings a bit of joy.

DeletedUser111359

Averaging 2 quests a day on event doesn't take a significant amount of time at all.

DeletedUser108359

Yes, I'm sure you can finish it if you have a great deal of time at the pc/mobile; luxury some of us do not have.

No offense intended here as you are obviously upset, but, almost halfway through the event i had ( and still have ) problems with my internet. I can only log in once a day and then only for a very limited time. I have about 3 or 4 hours a day that i am able to access the game. I finished the quests and got a complete Pagoda on all 3 of my worlds with another at level 5 on 2 worlds. ( no diamonds spent ) And i didnt take the technically correct jumps. ( those with the best overall average complete ponds )

I have no idea how you could not get at least 1 full Pagoda on at least 1 world as if you completed all the quests and even without the cherry tree incidents it was possible to get 1 full building.
Yes Inno wants people to spend cash, its a business, but normally they design the events so everyone has the same opportunity to get a complete event building ( in theory, as some luck does play a part ) whilst those with extra cash are able to get more.

DeletedUser110488

@VampireQueen are the aiding quests the only problem you have with the events?

The aiding issue is a general problem... The main issues with events, for me, are not being able to spend FPs (I only get about 120 if I set all buildings for 24 hours) Not being able to complete 8hr, 4hr, 1hr, when my buildings are set for 24... scouting provinces is another problem as it takes 2 days...negotiating sectors another problem when low on goods... Korch is paticularly difficult for me because the layout of my city is quite limiting. Time is a problem... I don't have 4 hours a day, as CJS, to devote to events.​

DeletedUser108359

Time is a problem... I don't have 4 hours a day, as CJS, to devote to events.

i didnt say i devoted 4 hours a day to the game. Chance would be a fine thing. I said i only have 4 hours a day where its possible for me to access the game. ( thats how long my internet is on for at home, at work i have even less internet access ) some days im lucky if i can spare 20 mins to be on.

If aiding is a problem, you need more game friends.
Scouting provinces shouldnt be an issue as all the quests are available to be planned in advance ( see the wiki, or beta server )
Same with research quests. ( btw, both of these have an alternative quest, usually donating goods to guild treasury )
120 fps a day is not bad, on my main world i dont get that much, but i donate to a lot of peoples Gb;s and when they level i get fp packs from that which i save, if really desperate i buy fp's using game coins.
Most events have quests that require varies production times, you should have at least 10 blacksmiths in your village to accommodate these quests, 24 hour quests should be easy as your main production buildings are already doing that.
Completing provinces should be easy as you should always have at least one province ready tio complete
Negotiating sectors should be easy, on the weeks that an event is on you plan your GE around the event, 1st level needs very little goods, and if you are short you should be able to get friends, guild mates or even neighbors will help with trades if you just ask.

I dont know how long you have been playing for, but if you have been around for a while you should know all these things.

I'm sorry to say this, but in your case it looks more like bad planning or playing that let you down, not the event requirements.

bigger bottle.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110488

@VampireQueen I'm not sure what the FP requirements are in Future Era but are you able to keep an ongoing FP income from GB swaps? Saving packs for the more expensive parts of events may help you.

This latest event, minimum 17FPs were required per task... as stated previously, aiding is more of a general issue... it seems an awful waste of one's time to have to click 290 times in one sitting when a polivate all button would b ideal as it would save a great deal of time...

Galladhorn

Monarch
The aiding issue is a general problem...: You know you can AID the neigborhood in case you need to AID more than your usual average.
And if you do not have enough daily AIDs already then you must get more active freinds regardless. A good freindlist + and average active guild should give you more than enough AIDs to solve event quests.

The main issues with events, for me, are not being able to spend FPs (I only get about 120 if I set all buildings for 24 hours):
120 Fps is not bad at all – More than any Event Quest requires you to spend for one qeust. (My EMA city has an average income of 55-74 Fps a day).
...So earn a bit less FP´s a day and change the cycles so that you can solve the quests.

Not being able to complete 8hr, 4hr, 1hr, when my buildings are set for 24...
Then change the cycels during the event – Also remember to build some Blacksmiths if you have some extra space available – they are great at solving the Productions request.

Scouting provinces is another problem as it takes 2 days...negotiating sectors another problem when low on goods...
Go to the WIKI pages and see the Event "charter" (copy it to a local file) that way you can plan ahead for those Quests that requires a scouting.
If You do not open the map when the scouting is finsihed, but wait the the Quest comes up , then the Qeust will be immidiately solved, when the map is openend.

Time is a problem... I don't have 4 hours a day, as CJS, to devote to events.
You do not need 4 hours a day to play, or even less to solve a quest of the event. its not like you need to sit and look at the productions – You could try to set a timer, and go in when a series of productions has finsihed, collect – then set on a new batch and log out – takes 5 min and can e.g be done on the mobile app. Many players have a mixture of 8 hours collects and the rest is the main collection at 24H.

Events also holds an intent to explore and change the routines making sure that players learn to work around the various options to solve quests.

You also mentioned that Goods was a challenge – Goods are essential to play the game – Any player needs to survery their own stockpilings and average goods income – If somehting is getting low, solve it; Produce more goods, trade more or plunder more depending on you playestyle.

I would be very interested in seeing one of you cities (screenshot), excluding the one you say that does not work.
One of the main challenges of FoE is and always has been City Space management – Also a main factor for buying Diamonds.

A very large part of players does not get the city planning right - includes such areas as Expansion plan, Roads and particluar double lane roads, placing non square buildings the right direction, not using more roads than needed, maintaining a Raw layout when a Snake layout would set free a lot of space etc etc.

Last edited:

DeletedUser108359

View attachment 18794
@VampireQueen

Maybe if you played just one world you would have more time? why 3 worlds if you don't have time?

I agree with you here. I played in about 15 worlds at one time, purely because i got bored waiting for things to finish and liked the challenge of starting a new world and trying to do it better.
However im now down to 3 worlds and my Beta world.
I deleted the others purely because its not worth having the extra if you cant do them properly.

She is not going to like what im about to say now, but tough.

Personally i think she is just being lazy, she wants to click once and everything is done or have everything done in 5 minutes.
If she is the same VampireQueen i saw in Korch, she has over 10 million points and is well advanced in the game, AND she has been a member of this forum for over 2 years, so she knows how these events work.

Many of us complain about something in the game, and often its because we are just lazy and would like everything to be easier and quicker, myself included.
But how much game are you playing if you come on, click a few times and 5 minutes later all is done and you go off. BORING. !!!!!!
The challenges are supposed to be part of the game, and i believe that even with the complaints most of us enjoy these and try beat them, thats what a game is all about.
So im sorry, but if she wants to leave and tell all her friends, i doubt any of us will suddenly find Inno having to shut the game down because of it.

bad dream.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: