• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Galata Tower Feedback!

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Doesn't look like there's a single GT yet on N-world...

So just how the hell are we supposed to give feedback when we can't even gain access to the new feature these devs want feedback on?!
It's almost like keeping things secret is kinda like shooting ones self in the foot, but hey, what do we players know about this game anyways?! :rolleyes: :P

Last edited by a moderator:

Heroic Name

Private
i think its a good thing , for those players who have weak armies and need help to protect there city... i hope the blueprints for the tower come thick and fast ....
well if its worth it for goods, those of us in top guilds/hi arc threads will get it to lvl 60 or more quite fast....if its like virgo...well....

GADfan

Warrant Officer
BOOOO!!!!! fun police at work again. if u dont like being plundered, do something about it! as this is a 3x3 that gives goods all peeps will hav it, while reducing the chances of us honest plunderers making a living....i just put up AM....this is a silly idea imo.
So, you're saying it's a silly idea for some players to have a defence against plundering whilst it's perfectly ok for you to have far more powerful buildings that help you to plunder?

Very fair of you.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
So, you're saying it's a silly idea for some players to have a defence against plundering whilst it's perfectly ok for you to have far more powerful buildings that help you to plunder?

Very fair of you.

That doesn't make any sense, its so easy to avoid being plundered, its not even a thing in game unless you are bad at the game. if you get plundered it was actually your choice too.

Thing is, this building won't be used at all for the anti-plunder effects (the plunder effect only works on bad players anyway) it will be used for goods, as it will give good goods per square. That's why people will build it.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
That doesn't make any sense, its so easy to avoid being plundered, its not even a thing in game unless you are bad at the game. if you get plundered it was actually your choice too.

Thing is, this building won't be used at all for the anti-plunder effects (the plunder effect only works on bad players anyway) it will be used for goods, as it will give good goods per square. That's why people will build it.
Re-read what Heroic Name said.
It wasn't about how easy it is to avoid plunderers, it was about the audacity of players having a deterrent to plunderers.

And, like I said, from his post it seems it's ok for plunderers (especially high era ones) to be armed to the teeth but unacceptable for their targets to have any kind of new addition to their defence.
It's that unsporting attitude I was talking about.

Emberguard

Legend
And, like I said, from his post it seems it's ok for plunderers (especially high era ones) to be armed to the teeth but unacceptable for their targets to have any kind of new addition to their defence.
It's that unsporting attitude I was talking about.
I don't think the issue here is defenders getting a new addition, but rather what that new addition is. It's not something that bolsters defense. It doesn't even bridge a gap. It's a auto-lose button on a coin flip... after the attacker already won. Not even the city shield takes away a attackers win. I'd love it if Galata actually worked on the defenders defense instead of post-battle. We have so much post-battle protection already and there are players who complain about being plundered who bring up that they want it to be a fair fight, not just eliminate plundering. Even if Galata added a % of the attackers defense/attack stats onto the defending units in addition to your own boosts that I'd find a far more balanced concept then a plunder repel.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
I don't think the issue here is defenders getting a new addition, but rather what that new addition is. It's not something that bolsters defense. It doesn't even bridge a gap. It's a auto-lose button on a coin flip... after the attacker already won. Not even the city shield takes away a attackers win. I'd love it if Galata actually worked on the defenders defense instead of post-battle. We have so much post-battle protection already and there are players who complain about being plundered who bring up that they want it to be a fair fight, not just eliminate plundering. Even if Galata added a % of the attackers defense/attack stats onto the defending units in addition to your own boosts that I'd find a far more balanced concept then a plunder repel.
I wasn't talking about an actual increase to their defence stats, but just another line of defence.
IMO, the attacking benefits available to plunderers (attack stats, high era v low era, troop types, GB bonuses to name a few) far outweigh any defence benefits (except the shield).
This is why some experienced players suggest not to spend much time on your defence stats since powerful players will always punch through.
Most plunderers attack with a high expectation of winning, with low losses, especially when attacking low era players, so it's hardly a hard-fought tactical masterstroke that deserves a reward.
The Tower is just a small chance to save your production alongside all the other ways of avoiding being plundered.
Attackers have been given boost after boost after boost, surely they can't begrudge one small defensive boost to beginners?

Andrew420

Major
It's a auto-lose button on a coin flip... after the attacker already won. Not even the city shield takes away a attackers win.
So by this logic everytime I cant plunder a neighbor for whatever reason I don't win
Winning a fight against a neighbor isn't a guarantee at plunder its just a chance to plunder
Not being able to plunder doesn't take away a win anymore than losing a couple of units does
I'd love it if Galata actually worked on the defenders defense
The only way that would work is if the GT made the defense AI smarter
We all know that with this AI no amount of defense will stop the attack
You might inflict a little more damage but that's it

We have so much post-battle protection already

What else can a player do post battle other than collect on time ?

LastWarrior

Lieutenant Colonel
The imbalance from attack to defence is very bad, at least this gives peeps a chance to avoid plunder as only addicts can be on for every collection.

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
Ok, are this GB on EN servers or not?

Not saw any official announcement like it is for updates in FOE login page, and no one have any BPs...but it stated, that it was introduced on EN sever at 9.12.2020....can we get some confirmation if this GB is launched and how to get some BPs ?

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
I do feel a bit of irony with how you get this building. I don't usually plunder my hood, but since this exists now, I plundered them all in the hopes they build it so I can steal BP :p

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
The imbalance from attack to defence is very bad, at least this gives peeps a chance to avoid plunder as only addicts can be on for every collection.

addicts? because being on the game you are currently playing ONCE a day for 2 seconds is hard? lol. Why are you even playing this game if you can't collect or even play this game? You make a funny.

Its so stupidly freaking easy to never be plundered, I want this building for the good production only.

slhead

Private
I am on UK Brisgard. There are no Galata Tours on this server.
I know they are on Houndsmour and all the French PO and US servers since I have accounts there.
Would like a chance to find a BP for one.
I have searched all my Hood, Friends and Guild mates regularly for three days with no luck.

Dead-Eye

General
I got a full set of bps at little cost on east nags. High end players on my friend list put out multi player pms. Some already have lv 40 and up. Im starting to think about getting one. It would only take a few days to get it to lv 10 and would look nice next to my monistary.