• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Galata Tower Changes Feedback

Prrr

Private
Back on topic.

“all the contributions to evolve it will generate less Forge Points rewards to donators, as otherwise the Galata Tower would behave adversely from other Great Buildings”

If you reduce rewards you must also reduce the required amount of FP’s needed to level up the GT or it would be a VAST DISCRIMINATION against people who haven’t built it yet or people who have a low level GT. Also having different (increased) amount of FP’s needed to level it up “the Galata Tower would behave adversely from other Great Buildings” of its era.

Now, I understand that you can’t change the amount of FP’s on the already built GT’s (current and completed levels). I can think two solutions about it:

1. Change the rewards AND the required amount of FP’s from the next level, after March 1st.

2. Don’t change neither the rewards nor the required amount of FP’s needed to level up the GT.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
My personal thoughts on Galata tower - I have 2 cities, both with Galata now. The changes being made, in the overall sense are minor, if not immaterial. If I start a 3rd city, I would probably build it. Right now, I am only building up to level 13. The diminishing returns after level 11 make the increased levelling not really worth it (seeing that Level 80 is less than double the chance at Level 7) - but I will level to 13, just so I get the 3rd chance to repel.
The changes to Galata, IMO, is how it should have been done originally, instead of making it quest based.

If I understand correctly, GT is supposed to be changed to behave like a EMA GB. If that's the case, then both FP rewards and level costs need to be adjusted (aside from requiring goods to build it). Lowering just the FP rewards, while maintaining the higher FP costs, makes no sense in my opinion and doesn't turn it into an EMA GB.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Legend
Now, I understand that you can’t change the amount of FP’s on the already built GT’s (current and completed levels). I can think two solutions about it:

1. Change the rewards AND the required amount of FP’s from the next level, after March 1st.

2. Don’t change neither the rewards nor the required amount of FP’s needed to level up the GT.
Solution 3: change it to HMA instead of EMA (HMA is the closest equivalent age to No Age cost + rewards)

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Nice theory that will not hold once the new PvP starts again.
well i am slowly changing my city, got rid of the defence gbs ages ago, basil etc, going to rid myself of anything that is defence based as for me being in the saab era its really not worth it, the gala tower has already stopped a few players who have been regular plunders and its so much fun to see they didnt get there spoils, so for me the gala tower is far more powerful
i also put in 2 spears for defence as there is no stopping players unless i want to change my city around huge numbers in defence and even then someone will still be able to beat it

so there is zero point in having defence or wasting valuable space in the city

I have a question about the change of forge points rewards in Galata Tower. Does it start to apply from any new level open after March 1? Or does it also apply to any existing, open level that already have contributors but have not yet levelled?

I think it would be better for the change to apply to any new level open after the update; otherwise, contributors that have already invested in an existing level before the update might lose forge points, for example. thinking they are getting 900 fps back but actually only getting 800 fps back after the update.

Forwandert

Major-General
It applies from the update and with the existing level adjusted so if anyone is invested there may be fp losses.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
This is one of those "why" scenario's, be interesting to get more of an explanation as to why certain updates happen, the GT is only 2 months old, and people already have levelled up above the 100's. if it costs more to do so now all that means is anyone who didn't spam level this thing is now behind.

Defence boosts have never mattered, its extremely easy to never be plundered, unless they somehow force you into the pvp tower to force defence boosts into mattering they still won't matter once the pvp tower is out. No matter how many boosts you have, unless you are at the end age you lose. The GT was only useful for the goods it provided, which my guess is that it was too much, since its being nerfed now.

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
Basic math for whoever got paid to 'fix' the GT. The current EMA GBs, Aachen and HS, both start self-leveling at L38, at L37 owner only needs to add 1 FP to make 1st and 2nd securable at 1.9. The GT won't be self-securable until the mid-late L40s, but no idea if they even screwed that one up. How about you all hire a 3rd grader to check your math for now on.

Last but not least, please keep in mind that with this change, the Galata Tower will become an Early Middle Ages’ Great Building, which means that all the contributions to evolve it will generate less Forge Points rewards to donators, as otherwise the Galata Tower would behave adversely from other Great Buildings.

It seems like the update has reduced the FP rewards in Galata Tower in order to match EMA GBs like CoA and Hagia Sophia, but have not reduced the total leveling cost to match those EMA GBs. Just looking at Level 92 to 93 in GT, the total leveling cost is 5047 fps, while the total leveling cost for CoA and Hagia are only 4659 fps, which is 388 fps cheaper than GT. So the update has effectively made leveling GT more expensive than leveling the other EMA GBs. Therefore, the update is still making GT behave adversely from other Great Buildings.

My suggestion would be either to reduce the total levelling cost for GT to match the other EMA GBs, or to revert the forge point rewards changes to how it was before the update.

Last edited:

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
It seems like the update has reduced the FP rewards in Galata Tower in order to match EMA GBs like CoA and Hagia Sophia, but have not reduced the total leveling cost to match those EMA GBs. Just looking at Level 92 to 93 in GT, the total leveling cost is 5047 fps, while the total leveling cost for CoA and Hagia are only 4659 fps, which is 388 fps cheaper than GT. So the update has effectively made leveling GT more expensive than leveling the other EMA GBs. Therefore, the update is still making GT behave adversely from other Great Buildings.

My suggestion would be either to reduce the total levelling cost for GT to match the other EMA GBs, or to revert the forge point rewards changes to how it was before the update.

Yup, each level Galata still requires the total FPs the same as the No Age GB's like Temple and Observatory as it was before, but with the FP rewards of an EMA building. It was only half changed to EMA? Is this intentional?

As it is implemented now Galata is a No Age/EMA hybrid: Total requirements of a No Age building with the rewards levels of EMA.

Yup, each level Galata still requires the total FPs the same as the No Age GB's like Temple and Observatory as it was before, but with the FP rewards of an EMA building. It was only half changed to EMA? Is this intentional?

As it is implemented now Galata is a No Age/EMA hybrid: Total requirements of a No Age building with the rewards levels of EMA.

Yes, this update has made the Galata Tower neither fit into the No Age Great Building range nor the EMA Great Building range. It has actually made the leveling cost of GT more expensive than any No Age GB and any EMA GB. If this is intentional, I cannot see what this update can achieve other than deterring players from raising their GT to higher levels. This discrepancy should be fixed.

GreatYarik

Private
+100% either fps per level should be as for EMA building or rewards should be back as for No Age.
Honestly, I see no point of this update. GT has an interesting twist with quest and some new players who were plundered in IA got it. It was harder to get BPs, but who wanted them eventually got it. I got them for my 2nd small new IA city and now I got this surprise - now I need to pay 500 EMA goods and more FPs to get to the same point what big players already got, not fair

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
Yes, I'm glad I already leveled my Galata to almost where I intended to park it anyway. It's fine to change how the blueprints are gotten to make it more likely for all players to get it without having to be in EMA or wherever the quest line for it had been inserted, but why only half change the building to the EMA math?

Our guild was dependent on one EMA member who got the quest and spread the blueprints to all of us when it was released. I can see getting rid of that hurdle, but what's going on with the math? People notice when you don't live up to your "make it like other EMA buildings" statement.