• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: (Friends Tavern) Confirm button before activating boosts

• Thread starter DeletedUser109205
  • Start date

DeletedUser109205

Proposal:

Introduce a "Your are about to ... Are you sure?" dialogue box for tavern boosts similar to the one used for confirming spending of diamonds.

Have you checked for similar ideas?:

None found.

Reason:

Accidental activation of the wrong boost can wreck game strategy for up to three days. Particularly harmful during events when 'activate a tavern boost' is included in questline.

Details:

Some tavern boosts are long lasting and prevent use of other boosts while they remain activated, which is too easily done accidentally (ie hitting def boost mistakenly for attack and locking out other boosts for 72hrs). A simple confirmation dialogue box would minimise the chance of this happening (I've done it twice so far). Players who find the confirmation tiresome could tick an opt-out 'don't show me this again' option as implemented elsewhere.

Balance:

No effect on balance of gameplay. Simply limits possibility of player error in utilising tavern boosts. Removes a source of considerable frustration when it occurs.

Visual Aids:

None.

DeletedUser

Or maybe they could also make it possible to cancel active boosts paying a certain amount of silver. That would help if for some reason you need to change a boost that has been active for a while. Although, of course, that would have to be well thought, because it can lead to exploits.

DeletedUser111866

+1
This can also prevent you nailing yourself for a hefty amount of silver - for those that still count tavern silver.

Vesiger

Monarch
I can see this being annoying, but... I've hit the wrong boost several times. Particularly awkward on the app, where you have to touch the screen just to scroll down to find the 'extra turn' boost.
But... since this would apply to EVERY boost usage, I'm not sure how much help it would be - wouldn't we all just get used to auto-confirming it in the end every time we were selecting a boost, whether it was the right one or not?

DeletedUser

I can see this being annoying, but... I've hit the wrong boost several times. Particularly awkward on the app, where you have to touch the screen just to scroll down to find the 'extra turn' boost.
But... since this would apply to EVERY boost usage, I'm not sure how much help it would be - wouldn't we all just get used to auto-confirming it in the end every time we were selecting a boost, whether it was the right one or not?
Well, it would still be useful for those occasions when you realise it's the wrong boost right as you're clicking on it. But that's a very good point.

DeletedUser110195

Or maybe they could also make it possible to cancel active boosts paying a certain amount of silver. That would help if for some reason you need to change a boost that has been active for a while. Although, of course, that would have to be well thought, because it can lead to exploits.
That's actually something that's been suggested already....it NEEDS done.

As for this idea, I think any speed bump would be nice, perhaps highlighting what boost was clicked, for the people Vesiger is talking about, who would have their finger/cursor hovering over the spot the confirmation button will be, can see ahead of the window popping up "Oh damnit I wanted extra turn NOT supply boost! Grrr!" /cancel

+1