• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

friends tavern - auto empty function

Emberguard

Legend
i'm sure there could be something done. it's as if i'm being held prisoner. maybe a marker could be left in the seat so that the other player still gets the benefit if they clear out.? maybe i would need to revisit the tavern and remove myself, thus having to log in? maybe there could be a reward for emptying promptly? it does seem unfair that i get penalised for trying to be a decent player visiting 'friends'.
It’s not you that needs to log in, it’s the owner as it’s their tavern to nurture.

It’s like with plundering, I can’t go to another players city and be upset that their productions weren’t put on a cycle or that there’s no terrace farms. It’s not my city to control the actions of.

So the kind of balance I’d personally want to see in a auto empty tavern is one where no silver is given to owner from auto empty -and- auto emptied players can’t re-visit until the tavern has been reset by owner or emptied by owner if it filled back up. Otherwise the idea is just sidestepping inactivity.

Of course there’s a pretty good chance that’s not what you’re looking for and that’s ok. Just means we’ve got different ideas of what a balanced game looks like

DeletedUser112892

Easier to just zoom through the friends list a second time, at a later date. The friends list actually shows whether or not you can visit, in a MUCH more efficient way, than any other method does (at least on PC).
Yeah, but why spend double the time on going again through the friends list, especially when you have big amount of them, when you can go faster through tavern.
Maybe you need friends that are more active. Why should the game change cause your friends list is bad?
Agree there. Also, why should tavern be auto-emptied for those that are gone inactive, as this idea mostly serves purpose for them, because they basically have an AFK Tavern Coins farm.

DeletedUser111359

Yeah, but why spend double the time on going again through the friends list, especially when you have big amount of them, when you can go faster through tavern.

Because you can tell by looking at someone from your friends list whether or not you can visit them, w/o even clicking on them. People in your tavern give no indication at all whether or not they have an open seat in their tavern, nor whether or not you've visited them recently.

DeletedUser96901

will be part of the soon coming premium feature autoplay
it will collect from buildings, donate the FP automatically to the tech or a previous selected GB
aid, visit taverns from others, collect own full tavern

and in the premium pro version it even does settlements, GE and events for you

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser112892

Because you can tell by looking at someone from your friends list whether or not you can visit them, w/o even clicking on them. People in your tavern give no indication at all whether or not they have an open seat in their tavern, nor whether or not you've visited them recently.
On phone app you can see that ;)

DeletedUser112917

It’s not you that needs to log in, it’s the owner as it’s their tavern to nurture.

It’s like with plundering, I can’t go to another players city and be upset that their productions weren’t put on a cycle or that there’s no terrace farms. It’s not my city to control the actions of.

So the kind of balance I’d personally want to see in a auto empty tavern is one where no silver is given to owner from auto empty -and- auto emptied players can’t re-visit until the tavern has been reset by owner or emptied by owner if it filled back up. Otherwise the idea is just sidestepping inactivity.

Of course there’s a pretty good chance that’s not what you’re looking for and that’s ok. Just means we’ve got different ideas of what a balanced game looks like

i think my problem arose from not being able to visit taverns (because i was still there) to possibly find silver, during a quest where huge amounts of silver were required. it meant that i didn't reach level 8 due to being so far behind. the last quest had several 'collect silver parts to it :( it's not possible to see who is inactive from my friends list. finding and adding new active players takes time which you don't have during a quest.

DeletedUser96901

i think my problem arose from not being able to visit taverns (because i was still there) to possibly find silver, during a quest where huge amounts of silver were required. it meant that i didn't reach level 8 due to being so far behind. the last quest had several 'collect silver parts to it :(
all tavern quests had alternatives

I haven't done those tavern parts in all of my side worlds (in many I only have 10 or less friends)

... or donate goods to treasury (donating low era goods that aren't needed anymore shouldn't be a problem)
... or win 6 fights in a row (can be done in GE or on world map)
... or motivate (neighbors)
spend 400 tavern silver (ok that amount I had to buy a boost) or 12 times 24 hour production (ok that would need time)
... or win 12 fights (not in a row. as above GE or world map. here even neighbors were you could search the ones with 2 spear fighters)
... or recruit 3 units of era (won units in GE count)
and so on

so all can be done with alternatives

Emberguard

Legend
i think my problem arose from not being able to visit taverns (because i was still there) to possibly find silver, during a quest where huge amounts of silver were required. it meant that i didn't reach level 8 due to being so far behind. the last quest had several 'collect silver parts to it :( it's not possible to see who is inactive from my friends list. finding and adding new active players takes time which you don't have during a quest.
Oh! *lightbulb moment* that explains why it’s so important to you

However the idea of auto empty isn’t going to be enough to fix that for the higher amounts. You really need them to come to you for it to stretch far enough

Assuming for the moment you have a maxed out tavern floor (20% +30 silver) and 140 friends all with empty taverns. On average you might get 840 silver. It’d definitely help but it won’t be enough on its own most of the time.

However I can help you work out which friends are active

(1) enter Town Hall
(2) if on desktop there’s a dropdown tab in the top left corner. It’s a square with lines on it.
- click the dropdown menu
- activate filters​
(3) set the filters to “social interactions” and “friends”
(4) aid everyone there. Make sure you go through all the pages if on desktop
(5) go to your friends list
- everyone that can still be aided hasn’t aided you recently. I’d have to look it up for how long the logs are but from memory I think it’s 5 days give or take. I know the mobile version holds less data then desktop
Now this isn’t a guarantee the players are inactive, but it is a guarantee that those who aided you are still logging in and helping you and those players are going to be the most likely to visit your tavern

As to finding active players to put in your list, your neighbourhood is a list of players that have logged in recently. After a set number of days (a week I think) they would be removed from the hood and only re-inserted if they log back in

As to finding active players to put in your list, your neighbourhood is a list of players that have logged in recently. After a set number of days (a week I think) they would be removed from the hood and only re-inserted if they log back in
Really? Don't think I've ever seen anyone dissappear from a hood in between rotations

Emberguard

Legend
Really? Don't think I've ever seen anyone dissappear from a hood in between rotations
If the number in a hood changes at all that means someone was inactive and is now inserted back in. Either into a new hood if it was a longer absence then the rotation or into the same hood if it hasn’t yet been two weeks

I have seen it happen before but haven’t really paid attention to my hoods for quite a while.

DeletedUser112917

Oh! *lightbulb moment* that explains why it’s so important to you

However the idea of auto empty isn’t going to be enough to fix that for the higher amounts. You really need them to come to you for it to stretch far enough

Assuming for the moment you have a maxed out tavern floor (20% +30 silver) and 140 friends all with empty taverns. On average you might get 840 silver. It’d definitely help but it won’t be enough on its own most of the time.

However I can help you work out which friends are active

(1) enter Town Hall
(2) if on desktop there’s a dropdown tab in the top left corner. It’s a square with lines on it.
- click the dropdown menu
- activate filters​
(3) set the filters to “social interactions” and “friends”
(4) aid everyone there. Make sure you go through all the pages if on desktop
(5) go to your friends list
- everyone that can still be aided hasn’t aided you recently. I’d have to look it up for how long the logs are but from memory I think it’s 5 days give or take. I know the mobile version holds less data then desktop
Now this isn’t a guarantee the players are inactive, but it is a guarantee that those who aided you are still logging in and helping you and those players are going to be the most likely to visit your tavern

thanks. maybe there could be another way of getting silver added to the game? a recurring quest reward? or maybe incident reward? when playing event quests sometimes the incident give apples for example. perhaps silver could be added?

DeletedUser111359

So don't wait till you have a gun to your head, to maintain your friend list. Do it now, between quests.