• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

friends tavern - auto empty function

DeletedUser112917

would it be a good idea to have the tavern automatically empty after a period? there are players who do not empty for days, especially if they have a large seat capacity and are waiting for it to fill or maybe player is on holiday. there have been times when i cannot complete a tavern quest as I'm already there or the tavern is full! this is so frustrating it makes the playing an unnecessary chore rather than the fun it should be :(

Ditch them as a friend and get a new friend?

Generally if someone isn't emptying their tavern then they are not very active so won't be aiding you much. I use it as a good indication of who to get rid of :)

Was on holiday recently and couldn't visit taverns, anyone where I was still sat after a week got booted on my return :D:D

Emberguard

Legend
If it auto emptied you’d also need to be willing to forego all gains from it as otherwise you’d be collecting without logging in.

Problem with the auto empty idea is it’s not your tavern. If the owner hasn’t emptied it that’s their choice to make and another player shouldn’t be benefitting from an owner neglecting their tavern

DeletedUser112917

If it auto emptied you’d also need to be willing to forego all gains from it as otherwise you’d be collecting without logging in.

Problem with the auto empty idea is it’s not your tavern. If the owner hasn’t emptied it that’s their choice to make and another player shouldn’t be benefitting from an owner neglecting their tavern

i'm sure there could be something done. it's as if i'm being held prisoner. maybe a marker could be left in the seat so that the other player still gets the benefit if they clear out.? maybe i would need to revisit the tavern and remove myself, thus having to log in? maybe there could be a reward for emptying promptly? it does seem unfair that i get penalised for trying to be a decent player visiting 'friends'.

DeletedUser111359

i'm sure there could be something done. it's as if i'm being held prisoner. maybe a marker could be left in the seat so that the other player still gets the benefit if they clear out.? maybe i would need to revisit the tavern and remove myself, thus having to log in? maybe there could be a reward for emptying promptly? it does seem unfair that i get penalised for trying to be a decent player visiting 'friends'.

You're not being penalized in any way for visiting them.

You're seeing a very minor penalty, for not properly auditing your friend list, and removing players that are inactive.

DeletedUser112892

Bad idea.
Reason: When your tavern gets full, you can visit friends' taverns that you haven't visited yet (due to being full earlier etc). This is just one example.

DeletedUser112917

Bad idea.
Reason: When your tavern gets full, you can visit friends' taverns that you haven't visited yet (due to being full earlier etc). This is just one example.
i don't understand this. your tavern does not need to be full in order to visit other friends taverns? if their taverns are full you cannot go there, which is the problem i'm talking about. if you have friends in your tavern, you empty it to get the silver so that your friends can come back in 24hrs.

DeletedUser111359

Bad idea.

What? That makes absolutely no sense at all in reference to the original (bad, unbalanced) post.

DeletedUser112892

i don't understand this. your tavern does not need to be full in order to visit other friends taverns? if their taverns are full you cannot go there, which is the problem i'm talking about. if you have friends in your tavern, you empty it to get the silver so that your friends can come back in 24hrs.
Yes, but the friends who are already visiting will vanish, so you will have to visit taverns manually through event log or friends list
What? That makes absolutely no sense at all in reference to the original (bad, unbalanced) post.
Why? I just told the state of the game as it is and why should it stay like that :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111359

Are you implying that you only visit other taverns by seeing who is in yours at any particular moment, and visiting them?

That sounds like the worst, most inefficient way imaginable.

I don't check who visits my tavern but if someone isn't emptying there's it's a good indication they are inactive and therefore also not visiting me. They should be removed from friends list asap

DeletedUser112892

Are you implying that you only visit other taverns by seeing who is in yours at any particular moment, and visiting them?

That sounds like the worst, most inefficient way imaginable.
Noooo. First what I do is aiding and visitingtavern of every player in the friends list that I can. But, at least 10% of friends' taverns can't be visited at that particular part of the day, so then I check my tavern for those whose taverns I haven't visited yet.

DeletedUser111359

Noooo. First what I do is aiding and visitingtavern of every player in the friends list that I can. But, at least 10% of friends' taverns can't be visited at that particular part of the day, so then I check my tavern for those whose taverns I haven't visited yet.

Easier to just zoom through the friends list a second time, at a later date. The friends list actually shows whether or not you can visit, in a MUCH more efficient way, than any other method does (at least on PC).

DeletedUser100133

would it be a good idea to have the tavern automatically empty after a period? there are players who do not empty for days, especially if they have a large seat capacity and are waiting for it to fill or maybe player is on holiday. there have been times when i cannot complete a tavern quest as I'm already there or the tavern is full! this is so frustrating it makes the playing an unnecessary chore rather than the fun it should be :(

This is quite interesting, I've not seen this being discussed before. A few questions for clarification.
How long will the Friends Tavern seats stay full for?
Will the automatic seat emptier work if the player goes inactive? Would there be a setting to turn this on and off?

DeletedUser112917

This is quite interesting, I've not seen this being discussed before. A few questions for clarification.
How long will the Friends Tavern seats stay full for?
Will the automatic seat emptier work if the player goes inactive? Would there be a setting to turn this on and off?

if they haven't emptied after 24hrs then i feel i should be able to vacate myself but certainly not be stuck there for longer than 48hrs. maybe if a seat marker was left there, i would then be able to return, or another visitor? if a player doesn't empty out then it stops a visitor returning thus preventing the possibility of some silver.

if they haven't emptied after 24hrs then i feel i should be able to vacate myself but certainly not be stuck there for longer than 48hrs. maybe if a seat marker was left there, i would then be able to return, or another visitor? if a player doesn't empty out then it stops a visitor returning thus preventing the possibility of some silver.
Why not just ditch them as a friend?

If it was to auto empty the owner should lose all the silver

Agent327

Overlord

Maybe you need friends that are more active. Why should the game change cause your friends list is bad?

DeletedUser100133

This answers some of my questions, but where does the automatic Friends Tavern seat emptier take place if they are emptying the seat's them self. Also, we're adding a new feature to the discussion by "vacate my self". Do you mean by removing your self from a Friends Tavern before they collect is this where the self-emptying system comes in, so you can take a seat again 24 hours later?